Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Hillary Snubbed World Trade Center Victims
NewsMax.com ^ | 11/28/01 | Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff

Posted on 11/28/2001 3:48:43 AM PST by kattracks

New York Senator Hillary Clinton has reportedly refused to attend a single funeral or memorial service for any of the victims of the World Trade Center disaster unless it was a major media event.

"We sent both Sen. Clinton and Sen. Chuck Schumer letters asking them which services they attended and which families they visited," Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly reported late Tuesday.

Sen. Clinton's office ignored FNC's letter and repeated phone calls, "most likely," said O'Reilly, "because the only events we know she attended were three highly publicized memorial services."

In marked contrast to Clinton's stonewalling, Sen. Schumer's office said they had attended 10 services and promised to provide a list of each one. New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Gov. George Pataki have attended hundreds of funerals for WTC victims.

Anthony Gardener, who lost his brother Harvey in the World Trade Center and has become an advocate for the victims of the disaster, told FNC that he contacted Clinton's New York office twice but got no response.

"I invited her to come and be on our board of advisers to help us with the nonprofit support group that we created, WTC United Family Group," Gardener told O'Reilly. "I never had any feedback from her office, not even an assistant to an assistant or anyone."

Gardener said that he knew getting Mrs. Clinton to help would be "a far-fetched thing. [But] I just thought she might be eager to help."

Associated Press reporter Beth Harpaz, author of the Hillary 2000 campaign chronicle "The Girls on the Van," said that Mrs. Clinton snubbed WTC victims because they didn't vote for her.

"Her core supporters and the main victim groups of 9/11 are pretty much two distinct groups," Harpaz told O'Reilly. "You know, we have a lot of male-dominated professions here, firefighters, cops, Wall Street, a lot of suburbanites, a lot of political conservatives."

Harpaz also suggested that Mrs. Clinton couldn't attend many funerals because "she's been busy in Washington" and she also feared being booed again, as she was at an Oct. 20 concert for WTC victims.

Visibly angered, the Fox host shot back:

"If I were the senator of New York, I would have tried to attend as many of those funerals and memorial services as I could. And if they booed me, they booed me. I'd get down on my knees and say a prayer for that dead person and then I would go and leave."

Three high-profile events Mrs. Clinton attended were a memorial service at Yankee Stadium a week after the attacks, a similar event at Ground Zero in early October, and the funeral for New York City Fire Department Chaplain Father Mychal Judge, where she delivered the eulogy. All three services were televised.

Read more on this subject in related Hot Topics:
Clinton Scandals
Sen. Hillary Clinton

TOPICS: Front Page News; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 121-131 next last

1 posted on 11/28/2001 3:48:43 AM PST by kattracks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: kattracks
I'm shocked, just shocked! What a waste of oxygen Hildebeast is.
2 posted on 11/28/2001 3:50:36 AM PST by GodBlessRonaldReagan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Once again, the babble about the *itch turning her nose up at the common folk is just stomach turning. THIS IS NOTHING TO BE SURPRISED ABOUT..WE ALL KNEW SHE IS, WAS and ALWAYS WILL BE nothing but a TWO BIT PHONEY..who uses politics for her own political gain.

I spit on the ground she walks on.

3 posted on 11/28/2001 3:50:42 AM PST by Neets

Hillary -- world class HYPOCRITE.
4 posted on 11/28/2001 3:51:44 AM PST by JohnHuang2

I have a inward hope, O'Reilly goes after Hillary harder then he went after the Red Cross/United Way.
5 posted on 11/28/2001 3:51:45 AM PST by Brytani

To: OneidaM
True...but even this is a waste of spit!
6 posted on 11/28/2001 3:53:21 AM PST by Bull Man
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Serious Question------do the good citizens of NY State get it yet? (those that voted for her, that is)
7 posted on 11/28/2001 3:54:58 AM PST by Protect the Bill of Rights

To: Bull Man
Lest America ever forget why The Nameless One, W(B)-97, and all their enablers should be hectored, hounded, and harried into silence, until "clintonese is only spoken in Hell," look here:

The Holiday *Best* of Bill Clinton & his Friends!

Hillary! and Arafat's wife-

8 posted on 11/28/2001 3:56:28 AM PST by backhoe
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Protect the Bill of Rights
No, because those who voted for her paid for her...and they never got it in the first place and they never will...She and her ilk are one in the same.....Whale feces...
9 posted on 11/28/2001 3:57:45 AM PST by Neets
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Slowly and surely, the wicked truth of this woman will be realized by the american public. They will see that the word 'I' is formost in her life.
10 posted on 11/28/2001 3:59:13 AM PST by gulfcoast6

To: gulfcoast6
We hope!
11 posted on 11/28/2001 4:00:26 AM PST by kattracks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Associated Press reporter Beth Harpaz, author of the Hillary 2000 campaign chronicle "The Girls on the Van," said that Mrs. Clinton snubbed WTC victims because they didn't vote for her.

What an idiotic comment. I bet many of the people for whom Rudy attended funerals didn't vote for him. It's not about politics. It's about 'your fellow human being.' Oh wait, she's not a human being.

12 posted on 11/28/2001 4:02:44 AM PST by American72

Associated Press reporter Beth Harpaz...

O'Reilly left this Clinton Apologist (O'Reilly's name for her) speechless. It was beautiful.

13 posted on 11/28/2001 4:05:11 AM PST by randog

When asked why she didn't respond to the letters or calls she said "I can't recall".
14 posted on 11/28/2001 4:06:59 AM PST by b4its2late

Harpaz also suggested that Mrs. Clinton couldn't attend many funerals because "she's been busy in Washington" and she also feared being booed again, as she was at an Oct. 20 concert for WTC victims.

I saw this show last night - YEAH for OReilly!!! Don't I recall that Hildabeast wasn't too busy with her senator duties that she attended a fund raiser in upper NY - isn't that when her van hit the policeman when he tried to stop them from running a roadblock?????? Inquiring minds wants to know!!!!

15 posted on 11/28/2001 4:07:05 AM PST by Elkiejg
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Once again, the babble about the *itch turning her nose up at the common folk is just stomach turning.

This really is horrible. It goes to character.

And what is this crap about blue collar workers all pro-democrat, that the republican party is the party of the rich elites? Firefighters and policemen ane emergency workers are RICH? Hardly. They are decent, HARDWORKING people who RISK THEIR LIVES for slugs like hillary.

I'm sorry. But this woman makes me want to vomit.

And as for the jerks who voted for her, YOU GOT JUST WHAT YOU DESERVE.

A woman so obsessed with power and so overwhelmingly full of arrogance that she just doesn't have time for events that don't shine the light of publicity on her characterless self. If the EVENT does not directly benefit hillary in terms of publicity or donor money $$$$$$, that pig is not going to be there. Just ask the police guard seriously injured by the van in which ol hillary was riding. She could not even BRING HERSELF to get her fat butt out of the van and see if this human being was OK. That takes a certain type of character. A really selfish, cold character. Astounding.

Golly.....if the name isn't katie couric or matt lauer or charley gibson or some other shallow, liberal arse kissing nutcase, ol hillary is not going to show. hillary can only go to scripted events because REAL people cannot abide her selfishness and mean-spiritedness.

16 posted on 11/28/2001 4:07:37 AM PST by Republic

To: b4its2late
Yea, that sounds about right.....They need to rename amnesia, to Clintonesia.
17 posted on 11/28/2001 4:08:13 AM PST by Neets
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: Republic
And as for the jerks who voted for her, YOU GOT JUST WHAT YOU DESERVE.

I am already in a particularly FOUL mood today.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO FIND ONE PERSON FROM NEW YORK ON FREE REPUBLIC WHO VOTED FOR THIS FREAKING ASS SCUMB BITCH?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE WON BECAUSE THE RICH JEWISH VOTERS IN STATEN ISLAND AND THE PHARKIN DEMONCRATS FROM UPSTATE NEW YORK BOUGHT THE DAMN ELECTION FOR HER........PLEASE STOP THE GENERALIZATION.

18 posted on 11/28/2001 4:10:35 AM PST by Neets
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

you know SHE'S WAY TOO IMPORTANT FOR ANY OF THIS!
19 posted on 11/28/2001 4:11:44 AM PST by patriot_wes

I guess she is Queen for Life in NY.

BTW, I heard a news report this morning saying that President Bush #1 will go to England to attend a Memorial for the 9/11 victims & that it is his first diplomatic mission since he left the Presidency. I bet it is eating bubba alive!!!! (as opposed to monica, sorry sometimes I can't help myself)

Remember when bubba was first elected, he made a point of telling how he consulted Nixon regarding foreign policy? Five will get you 10 that Bush #2 hasn't picked up the phone yet during this time of National Crisis. Hee-hee!

20 posted on 11/28/2001 4:13:04 AM PST by Protect the Bill of Rights
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 121-131 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson