Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

MSNBC Labels Palestinians "Martyrs"
MSNBC

Posted on 11/28/2001 9:25:06 AM PST by governsleastgovernsbest

MSNBC just aired a live segment with one of its reporters in Ramallah, which he described as a Palestinian "refugee camp", although there were paved streets, multi-story apartment buildings, etc.

In any case, at the end of his report he showed a number of posters on the wall and stated:

"You will see photos like these posted throughout Ramallah. These are martyrs. These are people who died in the Intifadah."

Not a word of how they died. Were they innocents, shot in their beds? Or were they perhaps suicide bombers, who killed civilians indiscrimately in Israel. MSNBC doesn't tell us. MSNBC simply parrots the Palestinian line: "they are martyrs."

TOPICS: News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Will MSNBC next be labelling as "martyrs" the murderers who flew the planes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon?
1 posted on 11/28/2001 9:25:06 AM PST by governsleastgovernsbest
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: governsleastgovernsbest
MSNBC(NBC)has once again demonsrated their Left-Wing bias.I'm afraid that we no longer have "News Organizations" in this country.What we have now(with a few notable exceptions like Fox)are "Propoganda Mills" that are shamelessly biased to THE LEFT!!!
2 posted on 11/28/2001 9:33:59 AM PST by bandleader
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: bandleader
In recent times I've read accounts of extreme pro-Palestinian, anti-Israel bias in the European media. Looks like our "mainstream" media doesn't want to be outdone!
3 posted on 11/28/2001 9:36:05 AM PST by governsleastgovernsbest
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

And here I thought they had moved Dawna Friesen out of Tel Aviv because she was way too biased on the side of the Palestinians. It appears that it is the editorial position of MSNBC that the Israelis are terrorists and occupiers, and the Palestinians are freedom fighters and martyrs.
4 posted on 11/28/2001 9:36:56 AM PST by Excuse_Me

To: bandleader
It's not left wing bias. If the reporter doesn't say things the way the PA (Palestinian Authority) wants him to, he is thrown out or worse. There can never be rational, balanced reporting out of a place like the PA.

The newsmedia couldn't care less about the balance of what they are reporting. They just have to fill up their air time.

Like it says on the front page of the New York Times: "All the news that fits we print".

5 posted on 11/28/2001 9:39:40 AM PST by Magician
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Excuse_Me
I've emailed MSNBC. We'll see what kind of response if any is received. Along the lines of my post, I asked MSNBC:

If the same reporter were in an Al-Quaeda-controlled area, and there were photos of the terrorists who flew the planes into the WTC and Pentagon, would he similarly adopt the Al-Quaeda line and refer to them as martyrs?

6 posted on 11/28/2001 9:47:41 AM PST by governsleastgovernsbest
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Calling terrorists "martyrs" will just increase the likelihood of new atrocities against the US.

MSNBC apparently wants to encourage terrorists when MSNBC does not define them for the odious war criminals that they truly are.

NEVER FORGET --even though MSNBC, ABC, and CBS routinely do.

7 posted on 11/28/2001 9:49:28 AM PST by Diogenesis

"You will see photos like these posted throughout Ramallah. These are martyrs. These are people who died in the Intifadah."

Pardon me while I call B$ on this. MSNBC news has gone beyond the pale here. Calling the people that hate this country (which btw MSNBC is free to operate by virtue of our government) martyrs is a SLAP in the face of all Americans.

Never thought that the FCC could be useful, but if they pulled their broadcasting license I could not be happier.

8 posted on 11/28/2001 9:51:02 AM PST by Centurion2000

Brit Hume needs to see this. He'll run it on his FNC evening news toward the end of the show
9 posted on 11/28/2001 9:55:50 AM PST by spycatcher
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Centurion2000
Hello Muddah,
Hello Faddah,
Here I am in,
Camp Ramallah!

I'm a liberal,
News Reportah.
Sent to covah
The Intifidah!

Met a terrorist
Who with life'll barter.
But in my report
I'll call him a martyr!

10 posted on 11/28/2001 9:59:22 AM PST by governsleastgovernsbest
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To be fair, the terrorists do think of themselves as martyrs.

And I encourage them all to blow themselves up (as long as innocents don't die along with them) and reach ultimate martyrdom in droves. GO FOR IT!

11 posted on 11/28/2001 10:01:41 AM PST by veronica

Does anyone watch PMSNBC? That channel is awful. Especially the Ashleigh?? lady. Yuck.
12 posted on 11/28/2001 10:26:26 AM PST by NC Conservative

To: NC Conservative
Does anyone watch PMSNBC? That channel is awful. Especially the Ashleigh?? lady. Yuck.

I've been watching Ashleigh Banfield since she started reporting on her own show. But I must admit that it has only been so that I can see if she has lenses in those glasses. I've seen the light reflect off the $400.00 titanium frames she wears, but it took months before I finally saw it reflect off the lenses.

I am still watching Brian Williams to see if he has any gaping hole or something behind his left ear, causing him to never turn his head so that you could see it. But he still hasn't turned his head...

13 posted on 11/28/2001 11:02:22 AM PST by Excuse_Me
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: NC Conservative
PMSNBC is slugslime. I thank God that our cable provider began broadcasting FOXNEWS at the beginning of November. I've been badgering them for almost two years for FOXNEWS, so maybe my persistent noise wore them down.
14 posted on 11/28/2001 11:06:23 AM PST by bureaucrud
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

To: governsleastgovernsbest; Patria One
Anyone know the NAME of that JERK?

AND, more importantly, does anyone have an email addie to MSNBC - one where email is actually READ?

15 posted on 11/28/2001 11:14:55 AM PST by meridia

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson