Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

DESPERATE DEMS PLAY POLITICS - SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!!!!
NEWSMAX ^ | 11/30/01 | DAN FRISA

Posted on 12/01/2001 4:56:26 AM PST by Elkiejg

Infuriated that President Bush commands the overwhelming support of the American people, Democrats are now making official that which they had long ago began: a concerted effort to tear down the President, his administration, and his policies.

Since shortly after September 11th Democrats have been fuming that the War on Terrorism compelled them to act as if they were truly bi-partisan.

They were not then and they are not now.

Leftwing politicians loath the military, are repulsed by the atmospheric rise in genuine patriotism, and find the near ubiquitous displays of the flag truly distasteful.

But most of all, they are desperate to wound the President – even in a time of war – because they ultimately care only about their own political prospects for the next election.

This really should come as no surprise; after all, the Left long ago demonstrated that wielding power is their be-all and end-all.

Period.

The safety and security of the American people be damned.

How else to explain their actions since September 11th as they have refused, in the Senate, to act on the President’s judicial and executive nominations, are unwilling to act on a national energy plan – despite it’s important national security implications, have taken to outright attacking the administration’s clearly constitutional efforts to effectively bring justice to those responsible for the deaths of four thousand Americans, and are now trying to lay blame for the Clinton recession and its exacerbation by the butcher bin Laden at the doorstep of the White House?

Let’s face it, with the President’s approval ratings in the ninety percent range on virtually every question asked or issue raised, the Carvilles, the Daschles and the Gephardts have decided to go public with their true motives, because they can’t stomach the thought of not winning back the House in 2002 and the Presidency in 2004.

Those are their only concerns.

And they have calculated that to allow the President’s strength and stature to remain – in their minds – "unchecked” is to all but concede failure in their attempt to regain power.

What comes with the Presidency is the power to govern not just through the enactment of laws, which come with the President’s signature, but the more far-reaching impact and effect of law from the promulgation of rules and regulations by the myriad federal agencies.

With Republicans in control of the White House and House of Representatives, Democrat efforts to impose their will on the American people are effectively thwarted, even with their plurality control in the Senate.

Their worst nightmare is that the Senate might swing back to the Republican fold in 2002 and, partly as a result of reapportionment and the resultant redistricting, their prospects for regaining the House are dim at best.

So, what to do?

They figure that they’ve got to play politics, down and dirty, if they are to have even a fighting shot for political success over the next three years.

The President must use his strong standing, through use of the bully pulpit, to thwart these efforts, to expose their blatant self-interest at the expense of the national interest, and to look them and the American people square in the eye and tell it like it is.

Only then will the desperate Democrats realize that the game is up and they had better try public service rather than self-interest or face political oblivion and insignificance for years to come.

TOPICS: Crime/Corruption; Editorial; Front Page News
KEYWORDS:
GREAT ARTICLE by Frisa - hit the nail on the head many times. I sent this to LOTS of media, Congress and WH. WE MUST FIGHT THE DEMORATS IN THEIR POLITICAL GAMES.
1 posted on 12/01/2001 4:56:26 AM PST by Elkiejg (ELKIEJG@AOL.COM)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Elkiejg
Exactly! The Democrats are sounding like the bravado of the Taliban just before each surrender.
2 posted on 12/01/2001 5:01:51 AM PST by abclily
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

And I think President Bush is... doing that, and it will intensify in the weeks ahead...

He is showing America what a LEADER can do, and Americans are responding ALMOST.....100%!

3 posted on 12/01/2001 5:05:32 AM PST by No!

My favorite DNC Bumper Stickers:

DNC RED

DNC CLOWNS

4 posted on 12/01/2001 5:08:18 AM PST by stlrocket

5 posted on 12/01/2001 5:15:32 AM PST by Diogenesis

Maybe I'm cynical, but I find it odd that the two Democratic point men tasked with demonizing the Bush Homeland Security measures have been the highly publicized targets of allegedly tainted mail. Luckily spotted in time. Being victims and targets, who could ever doubt the sincerity of these two great Senators in their concerns and opposition to popular Bush political initiatives? Gimme a break. Do any of you believe that any perpetrator of this evil campaign, who can cultivate a complex biological weapon, would address the envelopes to Leahy and Daschele as blatantly as they did? Identifying a return address to the same New Jersey town that Brokaw's mail did? This just reeks.
6 posted on 12/01/2001 5:18:03 AM PST by ArneFufkin

Krats will have to lie steal and cheate!! That got them in trouble and now they think it will get them out!!
7 posted on 12/01/2001 5:42:53 AM PST by mbb bill

Comment #8 Removed by Moderator

To: Diogenesis
Lets play caption that photo. If this were a movie promo, my guess at the title would be:

"Three Lesbians and a Schmuck" (a takeoff of three men and a baby)

9 posted on 12/01/2001 6:36:20 AM PST by Go Gordon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: stlrocket
Love the bumper stickers!!

I received a phone call - $$ solicitation - from Tom Delay's office this morning. The gist of his message is "Do you stand shoulder to shoulder with President Bush in his fight against terrorism? Should the President have to fight terrorism AND the liberal Democrats such as Clinton, Leahy and Daschle?" They are putting in a FULL PAGE ad in USAToday stating America's support of President Bush and if you donate, your name will be added. Of course I donated....glad to see the RNC is doing something to combat the RATS.

10 posted on 12/01/2001 6:36:50 AM PST by Elkiejg
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

The GOP better learn to practice politics now and start attacking the DemocRATs.
11 posted on 12/01/2001 6:43:11 AM PST by Kermit

To: Kermit
I agree Kermit -- I have been sending LOTS of emails to RNC, WH and Republican leaders that they need to take off the gloves and learn how to fight dirty. Below is one email I sent recently:

After watching the "witch hunt" hearings by Sen. Leahy, I am ashamed of our Senate!! Why is this anti-America, pro-terrorist allowed to continue with this farce? Where is the leadership of the Republic party? Why are you allowing Sen. Daschle to block all of President Bush's plans?

It's time to stand up and fight for America. The American public is behind President Bush by a VAST majority from military tribunals to drilling in Alaska. It's time to push and push hard for what is right for this country.

What we are NOT for is rolling over for the Democrats and their political games for the 2002 elections. Until I see more evidence from the Republicans showing some backbone in the Senate, I WILL NOT send any more donations to the Republican party.

If Senator Lott doesn't have the "guts" to fight for this country, then we, the people, suggest you find a leader who does.

12 posted on 12/01/2001 8:07:25 AM PST by Elkiejg
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

NPR, public television is trying to link Bush with the Enron bankruptcy. That's their latest game.
13 posted on 12/01/2001 8:36:34 AM PST by dr_who

Any group, which elects Trent Lott to "Leader", are even greater cowards and poltroons. That's our GOP Senate caucus, yep.
14 posted on 12/01/2001 9:20:40 AM PST by Kermit
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson