Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Israel: Palestinian Authority supports terrorists
CNN ^ | December 4, 2001 Posted: 12:50 a.m. EST (0550 GMT) | CNN

Posted on 12/03/2001 10:01:17 PM PST by NixNatAVanG InDaBurgh

Edited on 04/29/2004 1:59:43 AM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

After more than five hours of closed-door talks, the Israeli Cabinet early Tuesday called the Palestinian Authority a "terrorist-supporting entity" that must be dealt with as such.

"The government determines the lethal and cruel terror attacks over the last weekend shows the lack of inhibition of our enemies and calls for a larger scale activity than has been taken to date against Palestinian terror," the Cabinet said in a statement.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnn.com ...

TOPICS: Breaking News; Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-26 next last
Israeli Tanks are within 200 meters of Arafat's dwelling place and he is in there.
1 posted on 12/03/2001 10:01:17 PM PST by NixNatAVanG InDaBurgh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: dennisw; Cachelot; veronica; Sabramerican; College Repub
Israel has Arafat surrounded in Ramallah.
2 posted on 12/03/2001 10:37:12 PM PST by NixNatAVanG InDaBurgh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: NixNatAVanG InDaBurgh
Where are you guys getting this from? I'm in a motel rool in Douglas Az, there's nothing on CNN (as usual) and Fox News doesn't come in.
3 posted on 12/03/2001 10:43:39 PM PST by redhawk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Okay, I expect to get flamed for this and accused of all sorts of things, but I am not an anti-Semite or an Arab sympathizer. I am someone who agrees with President Bush's two-state proposal for Israel and Palestine.

Ariel Sharon went up to the Temple Mount to inflame the Palestinians because he knew this would create an outburst of violence that would further his goal of achieving state power for himself in his role as "tough guy."

He wanted state power so he could further his ultimate political goal of Eretz Ysrael or Biblical Israel--Israel roughly from Lebanon to the Sinai and from the Mediterranean to the Jordan River. This is a goal favored by Sharon and some members of the Likud and some of the ultra-orthodox parties, but not by all Israeli Jews (e.g., Shimon Peres et al.)

Sharon is now on the verge of achieving Eretz Ysrael, by effectively declaring war on the Palestinian Authority, even though he knows that the PA and Arafat do not and cannot control Hamas and the other organizations behind the suicide bombings.

This is, as some have pointed out, the end of the "two state solution" favored by President Bush. I think this is unfortunate, because the Palestinians have as much right to be in that area as the Jews, and when you have a situation like that, the only answer is a two-state solution.

The result of the latest move by Sharon will be greater threats of terrorism not only to Israel, but to the US, since people throughout the Moslem and Arab world hold the US responsible for the actions of Israel.

In other words, Sharon is not a hero, but a fanatic, who is making the entire situation worse, not better. Instead of going after the Palestinian Authority, he should go after Hamas, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, and the other organizations that are directly responsible for the bombings. If Mossad and Shin Bet are so good, surely they could do this.

4 posted on 12/03/2001 10:45:13 PM PST by codeword

To: codeword
You have a corrupted version of the story, codeword. That isn't how it went down.
5 posted on 12/03/2001 11:30:02 PM PST by NixNatAVanG InDaBurgh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: redhawk
Click on the CNN in the headers of this article.
6 posted on 12/03/2001 11:30:49 PM PST by NixNatAVanG InDaBurgh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Comment #7 Removed by Moderator

I think this is unfortunate, because the Palestinians have as much right to be in that area as the Jews, and when you have a situation like that, the only answer is a two-state solution.

What gives them that right? Israel took lands, in 1967, as the spoils of a war that they did not start. "To the victor go the spoils."

Secondly, I believe the "Palestinians" have forfeited whatever rights they once had, by an unending series of terrorist attacks, on innocent people. They date to before, but include, the 1972 Munich Olympics, the Achille Lauro, ad infinitum.

Civilized people can find compromise, and Israel has stood ready, for such. Last year Arafat turned down the best offer ever extended--it gave him 95% of what he sought. Then began the Intifada...right up to now.

Sad, but true--this is a diabolical, uncivilized people, spurred on by fanatic, so called religious "leaders." Such behavior is morally wrong, and it doesn't deserve to be called a religion. It is terrorism, short and simple. Through its use, any earlier moral position was thrown down the drain, gone, period.

8 posted on 12/03/2001 11:37:38 PM PST by truth_seeker

The Palestinian Authority are terrorists. Arafat has more blood on his hands than many we are hunting for. If I were Israel, I'd round up every single Palestinian and march them back to Jordan where they belong.
9 posted on 12/03/2001 11:38:54 PM PST by brat

To: brat
Abdullah don't want'em. They are junkyard dogs in the Arab world.
10 posted on 12/03/2001 11:52:34 PM PST by NixNatAVanG InDaBurgh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

You'r not the only one who thinks so.
11 posted on 12/03/2001 11:53:56 PM PST by bluester

YEs...yet they expect Israel to put up with them or else.
12 posted on 12/04/2001 12:09:38 AM PST by brat
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: Sahnook
oh yes... we are are really gonna get it from the muslim/arab terrorists now... if we had just gone along with them... they would have left us alone in peace but now, after this... they are really gonna get mad...

That really sounds stupid...

you cannot negotiate with terrorists or their supportive state/allies. They only understand DEATH by terrible ordeal. Anything less, they see as weakness... and sister, we ain't weak...

This IS world war three... and guess WHO the bad guys are... YOUR friends the arab/muslim terrorist axis.... They will all die if they don't all surrender or commit suicide first.

Wrap it up... I'll take it.

13 posted on 12/04/2001 12:23:09 AM PST by Robert_Paulson2
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

In other words, Sharon is not a hero, but a fanatic

Codeword: Check your parity settings. I repeat: Check your parity settings. Your signal is garbled, that is GARBLED, and your controller is probably SHOT (peace be not upon it/him/her). And your decoder ring seem to be the cheap sort too.

14 posted on 12/04/2001 12:41:55 AM PST by Cachelot

Comment #15 Removed by Moderator

To: laconas
Give me a break this looks and smells like the typical Moussad

Tripping out on all that A-rab stuff, eh?
Moussad=Arab
Mossad=Palie downfall.

16 posted on 12/04/2001 12:54:26 AM PST by NixNatAVanG InDaBurgh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Comment #17 Removed by Moderator

To: laconas
All I said was some Jews screw other Jews for personal gain.

That is not hardly what you said. And what you DID say, was said badly.

What are you, some kind of intellectual?

I'll bet that's a real no-no in your book. I am smart enough to know a deliberate lie when I see it. Score 2 on this thread for you, so far. 2 for 2 ain't good.

18 posted on 12/04/2001 1:20:10 AM PST by NixNatAVanG InDaBurgh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

Moussad=Arab

Lol. Ol' laconas prolly needed a fortifier quick and had to chug his hair stuff :))

19 posted on 12/04/2001 1:40:01 AM PST by Cachelot
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: Cachelot
He just took his spittle to another thread. Same ol'
20 posted on 12/04/2001 1:44:00 AM PST by NixNatAVanG InDaBurgh
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-26 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson