Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Officials, documents detail the big fish besides bin Laden
AP ^ | 12-18-01 | JOHN J. LUMPKIN

Posted on 12/18/2001 1:25:54 PM PST by Oldeconomybuyer

Edited on 04/13/2004 2:39:13 AM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]

WASHINGTON (AP) -- It is the blackest of blacklists: names of the top al-Qaida terrorist leaders that the United States wants dead or captured.

Some are almost universally known -- there's Osama bin Laden, of course, and his top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahri. Others are publicly identified among the FBI's most wanted terrorists, or in other U.N. or U.S. government lists and documents, but few details are provided.

(Excerpt) Read more at sfgate.com ...

TOPICS: Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 12/18/2001 1:25:54 PM PST by Oldeconomybuyer
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: blam
Watch for these names....I just heard on Fox the US thinks it has 3 big fish on one of the ships...
2 posted on 12/18/2001 1:34:39 PM PST by Dog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Dog
I saw this also. I was wondering why three. Good idea about the 'big fish.' We'll see.
3 posted on 12/18/2001 1:39:00 PM PST by blam
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Oldeconomybuyer
Trying to keep these guys names straight makes my head hurt. Can't we please hammer'em all 6 feet under? Thanks. I feel better already.
4 posted on 12/18/2001 2:14:31 PM PST by Tunehead54
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Dog
Watch for these names....I just heard on Fox the US thinks it has 3 big fish on one of the ships...

Are you sure they are legal size? Maybe we should throw them overboard till they are trophy sized.

5 posted on 12/18/2001 2:35:45 PM PST by Paleo Conservative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Paleo Conservative
No,no,no.That would be catch and release. We need to avoid that in this case. I suggest we use them as chum.;)
6 posted on 12/18/2001 2:41:31 PM PST by porte des morts
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson