News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

United Nations Proposal For Universal I.D. System
SMH ^ | December 14, 2001 | Maria Hawthorne

Posted on 12/22/2001 4:22:08 PM PST by Mayor Of Simpleton

Refugees meeting hears proposal to register every human

GENEVA, Dec 13 AAP|Published: Friday December 14, 7:18 AM

Every person in the world would be fingerprinted and registered under a universal identification scheme to fight illegal immigration and people smuggling outlined at a United Nations meeting today.

The plan was put forward by Pascal Smet, the head of Belgium's independent asylum review board, at a roundtable meeting with ministers including Australian Immigration Minister Philip Ruddock this afternoon.

Mr Smet said the European Union was already considering a Europe-wide system, using either fingerprints or eye scanning technology, to identify citizens. But he said the plan could be extended worldwide. "There are no technical problems. It is only a question of will and investment," he said.

"If you look to our societies, we are already registered from birth until death. Our governments know who we are and what we are. But one of the basic problems is the numbers of people in the world who are not registered, who do not have a set identity, and when these people move with real or fake passports, you cannot identify them.

"It's a basic rule of management that if you want to manage something, you measure it. It's the same with human beings and migration."But instead of measuring it, you have to register them."

Mr Smet said the scheme would give people dignity by giving them an identity if their papers had been lost or destroyed.

And he said it would allow countries to open their borders to genuine travellers or asylum seekers, because they would be able to prove the identity of any over-stayers and deport them without argument from their home country.

Mr Ruddock appeared unconvinced by the merits of the plan. "In principle we would be supportive of a system which would crack down on multiple asylum claims, but a universal identification system would be taking it too far," he said through a spokeswoman.

TOPICS: Government; News/Current Events
KEYWORDS: unlist
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-23 next last
Just when you thought the idea of a National I.D. card was not being considered, our beloved protectors at the U.N. have come up with a plan to implement such a system world-wide

What will it take for it to become a reality?

1 posted on 12/22/2001 4:22:08 PM PST by Mayor Of Simpleton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Mayor Of Simpleton
Mr Smet said the scheme would give people dignity by giving them an identity if their papers had been lost or destroyed.

I really liked this line...instead of taking away one's dignity by registering them like cattle, they are giving people dignity.

2 posted on 12/22/2001 4:28:38 PM PST by Mayor Of Simpleton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Mayor Of Simpleton; *UN_List
bump
3 posted on 12/22/2001 4:30:41 PM PST by Libertarianize the GOP

My universal proposal for the UN: BANG!
4 posted on 12/22/2001 4:35:05 PM PST by PatrioticAmerican

What will it take for it to become a reality?

Well for one they can start in China. By the time they think they are finished they can start all over again. (How long would it take to fingerprint 1.3 billion chinese? ) If they ever get China done then they can go to India and do another billion. After that Pakistan. 800 million. Then they can go to europe, (I don't have a clue how many are over there.)

5 posted on 12/22/2001 4:39:59 PM PST by chainsaw

To: Libertarianize the GOP
Politics and Religion

Go to December 18th archived show for a discussion from a Christian perspective.

6 posted on 12/22/2001 4:40:01 PM PST by Mayor Of Simpleton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Not on your life, UN dogs.
7 posted on 12/22/2001 5:08:18 PM PST by WriteOn

Belgium seems to be getting a collective, literally, swelled head: EU HQ, prosecuting Israeli Prime Ministers for war crimes and now universe-wide ID cards.

We should start ignoring them.

8 posted on 12/22/2001 5:12:18 PM PST by Praxeologue

According to prophecy it is going to happen, not if, but when, a guess would be ten years or less.
9 posted on 12/22/2001 5:12:27 PM PST by MissAmericanPie

10 posted on 12/22/2001 5:20:45 PM PST by Byron_the_Aussie

To: MissAmericanPie
Rubbish. More like 300 to 400 years to happen.
11 posted on 12/22/2001 5:24:53 PM PST by Windsong
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: MissAmericanPie
According to prophecy it is going to happen, not if, but when, a guess would be ten years or less.

That would be my guess as well.

12 posted on 12/22/2001 5:37:15 PM PST by Mayor Of Simpleton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: Windsong
Time will tell won't it.
13 posted on 12/22/2001 5:37:44 PM PST by MissAmericanPie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

To: chainsaw
Well for one they can start in China. By the time they think they are finished they can start all over again. (How long would it take to fingerprint 1.3 billion chinese? ) If they ever get China done then they can go to India and do another billion....

Well stated...Hope they leave me for last...then again, by that time, I'll be long gone...

FMCDH

14 posted on 12/22/2001 5:41:10 PM PST by nothingnew
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Mr Smet

Mr. Smet?...Beam me up Scotty, Mr. Spock just told me that we have no chance for survival here..."Mr. Smet"?

FMCDH

15 posted on 12/22/2001 5:45:08 PM PST by nothingnew

To: chainsaw
How long would it take to fingerprint 1.3 billion chinese?

is this one of those ethnic jokes , like the change a light bulb thing?

16 posted on 12/22/2001 5:47:28 PM PST by THEUPMAN
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: THEUPMAN
I think that question rivals, how do you train a housecat to fetch a beer out of the fridge. Trust me, it aint easy.

Not to mention they reproduce like rabbits, and by the time you get someone carded, another one dies. So really this is all a big joke. National or international id's are an f-ing joke. The only thing, is that I'm not laughing. I'm 32, in good health, and do NOT like the idea of being cattle, or having someone destroy my nationality, or sovereignty. I'm also waiting for them to go to a cashless system of money, which would effectively create the biggest tax base in history, and give the IRS and the UN the capability for taxing you on the things that you aren't taxed on now.

It's all about money, and the redistribution of wealth. You know who will get the cards or implants first? Europe, then it will be fashionable here in America. Once America succumbs to the mark... The world will be finished.

17 posted on 12/22/2001 6:13:25 PM PST by MadRobotArtist
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

What flag was at the W.T.C VIDEO IT TAKE 2 min to load
18 posted on 12/22/2001 6:23:31 PM PST by expose

To: MadRobotArtist
It's all about money, and the redistribution of wealth

Revelation 13:16-17

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

a few short years ago this was sci fi,

today it's a possibility

tomorrow it's the law ....keep looking up

19 posted on 12/22/2001 6:42:33 PM PST by THEUPMAN
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: expose
Well, after all, it was the World Trade Center.
20 posted on 12/22/2001 7:04:24 PM PST by Mayor Of Simpleton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-23 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson