Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Mysterious song about Sept. 11 is a hit
wichitaeagle ^ | Friday, December 28, | Kristin Callaway

Posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:13 AM PST by classygreeneyedblonde

No one is sure where it came from, but a recording of what is supposed to be a message from God about Sept 11 has become a popular hit on local radio stations." You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news on September 11, 2001.

"Neither will I," the voice begins in a monologue set to Mannheim Steamroller's "Silent Night" off its 1984 release, "Christmas."

"I was on the 110th floor in a smoke-filled room with a man who called his wife to say, 'Good-bye,' " the voice continues in what becomes a narration of the terrorist attacks from God's point of view.

Lyman James of KRBB-FM 97.9 said the recording began airing Dec 18, and it is still being played on B98 and KZSN-FM 102.1, Clear Channel Communications stations.

Brad Streeter of KZSN said he received the song in an e-mail from WCOL-FM 92.3 in Columbus, Ohio, another Clear Channel radio station; neither station knows where the song originated.

The narrator on the recording, titled "A Christmas Letter from God," is also unknown.

Words to the recording appear on several Internet sites, sometimes under the title "Meet Me in the Stairwell." The author is cited as unknown.

James and Streeter said they received so many requests for the song that they posted it for download on their Web sites.

Streeter said the phone rang often with requests for the song before Christmas. "

I would say during the holidays about every time it played or every time it didn't, we were getting requests for it," Streeter said.

Streeter said the requests continue to pour in even though Christmas has passed.

"With Sept 11 and everything, everybody is pretty hot for anything that has to with it," he said.

James said the song is not available for sale anywhere.

"If it were for sale, it would've generated plenty of revenue for someone," James said.

To download the recording or view the words of "A Christmas Letter From God," visit www.b98fm.com or www. kzsn.com.

link to song and words

TOPICS: Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-36 next last
This is very beautiful ,and very sad....and so very true
1 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:13 AM PST by classygreeneyedblonde
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: classygreeneyedblonde
I first heard of the recording, and read the lyrics, on FR. Then I heard it via a RealAudio link on KRLA's website. I know they've played it over the course of the week leading up to Christmas on "The Fish," 105.5 in Sacramento. It apparently first surfaced on "The Fish" (sister station) in L.A.

It's amazing how deeply the hurt of 9/11 still goes. Simply reading the lyrics for the first time last week, I found myself choking up. It's surprising, after all these weeks, how much the saddness lingers.

2 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:16 AM PST by My2Cents
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: My2Cents
I know it's very emonitional .like you were there with them as he says it
3 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:23 AM PST by classygreeneyedblonde
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Bump with a tear in the eye.

Stay well - Stay safe - Stay armed - Yorktown

4 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:23 AM PST by harpseal

To: harpseal
I cry every time i hear it
5 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:23 AM PST by classygreeneyedblonde
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

It is truly beautiful, My wife an I just listened to it and she said, oh!, that's Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck is a local talk show host of a morning show in Tampa, Florida, WFLA Radio, and he went national a few months back.

It does sound like him, but I could be wrong. JH

6 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:23 AM PST by JHavard

Bump for later listening
7 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:24 AM PST by chance33_98

To: JHavard
Thank goodness it wasn't the voice of Stephanie Salter of the SF Chronicle!

Stephanie speaks for Jesus

8 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:25 AM PST by My2Cents
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Nobody in particular
Since you've brought it up, where were you on the morning of Sept. 11th?

I had just dropped off my son at school and was listening to a couple radio jocks saying: "I can't believe what I'm seeing" etc....

Never forget.

9 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:25 AM PST by SGCOS

Well he has done a beautiful job doing it........
10 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:26 AM PST by classygreeneyedblonde

It was on our radio yesterday afternoon and I believe the person's last name was Coleman from LA! We get Glenn Beck here in the OKC area and the voices sounded familiar but the DJ said the gentleman was from LA and I know Beck is from Tampa! The person is head of some Production Company according to our radio.
11 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:27 AM PST by PhiKapMom

To: SGCOS
It was my day off and i had just woken up and turned on the tv i couldn't believe what i was seeing or hearing.,thought i was still dreaming..it was my sisters and nephew and cousins birthday, that was not a day for celebrating
12 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:27 AM PST by classygreeneyedblonde
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

It certainly was one of those "where were you when ..." moments. I learned of it at FR. I had just logged on, saw the breaking news, and turned on the TV in time to see the second plane hit. I called in the two guys who were remodeling my kitchen, and we all watched TV in amazement.
13 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:27 AM PST by mountaineer

We're on the West Coast, so we were in bed. We received a call from my wife's sister who simply said, "Planes have hit the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. Start praying!"

With bleary eyes, we collected around the TV (Fox News, of course), and saw both WTC towers burning, with breaks to the scene at the Pentagon. As the newscaster's voice droned on, we watched the first tower collapse, and couldn't comprehend it at first; there was no immediate comment by the newscaster as to what we were seeing. I said, "My God! It looks like the tower collapsed!" -- it was such an incomprensible sight, it didn't register at first. Then the horror hit: How many people were still in that building?! How many firefighters and police were at the base of the building? Our daughter was crying. I was in shock -- one of about 280 million Americans that morning in shock.

14 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:28 AM PST by My2Cents

Bump
15 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:28 AM PST by Fiddlstix

Here's some interesting music inspired by 9/11 by some guys who lost a lot of friends: Music from Ground Zero
They were on our local television station and sounded pretty good.
16 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:29 AM PST by Atticus

I think that day more prayers were said than any other day....sad cause God is there every day not just in time of need
17 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:30 AM PST by classygreeneyedblonde
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

That is beautiful, thanks for the link classygreeneyedblonde. It breaks my heart to think of how all of those poor people died and now the loved ones they left behind, even the little children, must now carry this sadness for life. I hope all the people cried out to Jesus at the end, He said He would never turn away anyone who seeks Him. God bless the families and friends.
18 posted on 12/29/2001 12:13:46 AM PST by Walkin Man

I was sleeping, and my son came in my room to tell me that my uncle had died of cancer that morning, and terrorists had flown hijacked planes into the WTC buildings. I absolutely could not comprehend it, and told him he was bs'ing me.

Well, of course, I tore downstairs to see the TV. We watched the replays and I was just sick. The first building came down, and then when the second one fell, I insisted to my son that it was a replay of the first building falling. I just could not accept that both towers fell. Then he told me to look--there were now NO buildings standing.

The plane that crashed in PA flew (I found out later) directly over our house, and crashed about 30 miles away. 25 years from now, people will remember Sept 11, 2001 as clear as anything.

19 posted on 12/29/2001 12:14:06 AM PST by Siouxz
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

It's actually a miracle that the towers didn't collapse sooner, and that most people got out alive.

That day, and entire week, I believe there was more prayer going out than at any time in our history. Even people who had previously scoffed at prayer found that prayer was their only place of security and peace. I believe that the petitions of those days, and since, continue to echo in heaven, and that God continues to answer them.

Since 9/11, it's clear that we are not just in a war of arms, or a war of ideas, or a war of cultures. It is true that the war on terrorism is all of those things. But it is also a spiritual war, a war in the heavenlies. As we watch news reports from Afghanistan, or from wherever else our troops will go to root out this cancer on the world, those of us who are here, at home, can just as personally engage the enemy by doing combat on our knees. I think most Americans realize this, and are heeding the call.

20 posted on 12/29/2001 12:14:07 AM PST by My2Cents
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-36 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson