>One thing this is puzzling. The accident happened at a hotel. Most motels and hotels now allow pets in rooms, with an additional fee. Youd think that individuals who invest so much money in breeding and showing champion dogs would place their animals inside the hotel, under the care of the owner or handler.<
Hotels will typically allow one or two dogs at most. This is just such a tragedy. The handler had an alarm that normally would have gone off if the temps rose in the van. The circuit breaker tripping disabled it.
I’ve been around dog shows most of my life. People travel to shows and keep large dogs in vans, but they either have AC units on the rigs or they use multiple fans and ice packs in the kennels. This was an experienced dog person with a great reputation and she is devastated.