My take on why Donald Trump should choose Ted Cruz or someone like Ted Cruz as his Vice Presidential nominee. This theory is contingent if the following premises are true:
1. Trump is nominated and is elected President and Cruz is selected VP
2. Trump must maintain a high general popularity during his term in office or be impeached.
3. The alphabet Media hates Trump.
4. Both the House of Representatives and the Senate hate Trump.
5. Democrats want to destroy the GOPe. (this is a given).
6. The media and Congress will try to subvert Trump’s success.
7. Our foreign enemies are afraid of Trump.
8. Our domestic enemies are afraid of Trump.
9. Our Status as a sovereign nation is under assault.
10. Our military is weak.
11. Fascism and Communism are different sides of the same coin, and the USA is facing a new world feudal order of Oligarchs of which, we the people, are designated serfs.
Populist Presidents must maintain popular support, and are less likely to betray their constituencies.
The GOPe and Democrats will impeach an unpopular Trump regardless of the merits. IOW, if he doesn’t do something impeachable they will invent something, especially if Trump’s popularity drops low enough to justify investigations. Therefore the House will find a way to impeach Trump and the Senate will certainly convict.
The GOPe wants to teach their base a lesson, especially the Tea Party.
Both the Democrats and members of the Senate hate Cruz even more than Trump.
Cruz can provide valuable legal guidance to Trump.
Cruz would become unimpeachable if he were to assume office. Much like Obama was.
Cruz can articulate the details of policy which Trump seeming can’t
Cruz would become President of the Senate
It would give cover to Trump on his so-called anti-Hispanics immigration stance.
And Cruz has some very similar conservative beliefs as Donald Trump.