Reading the book now. It is meticulously argued.
1. I don’t trust economic statistics - I have plenty of issues with ours and China is as whole nother ball of wax.
2. If we go up against China, we won’t have to be alone if we play our cards right. We have friends in the world depending on the situation.
3. There are two halves to this problem - what China thinks they are doing / trying to do to us and what we are doing to ourselves. If we stop hurting ourselves, or just stop digging the hole deeper, that will go a long way towards solving the problems with China.
4. The Roman Empire came back several times before collapsing for various reasons. One frequent competitor it had was Persia. There may be an equilibrium where the US can rise again rather than just collapsing in one direction of decline.
5. If we can arrest the U.S. Decline and reach equilibrium there will be enough time for other factors come into play which will obscure the China/America competition. (1) The technological singularity (2) Spacefaring (3) the rise of other potentially friendly powers like India (time for them to get their act together and Africa (4) China might become friendlier down the road as it Christianizes.