Let's see...what am I doing to try to reach and deprogram Generation.com? Well, there's:
* writing and recording rock songs with conservative and patriotic messages that young people will actually listen to,
* recording "videos" and posting them to You Tube, and
* wracking my brain trying to get people to listen to them so maybe, just maybe, they'll hear the message.
What are you doing? Hmmmmmmm? Talking? "Counsel" them all you want, but they're not listening. I used to work with young people at a Job Corps center here in Idaho. You can talk 'til you're blue in the face, and they won't listen. But they do listen to music and watch Tosh.0. If we were smart, we'd be coming up with media like that with which to deliver our message. But pop culture, arts and entertainment are sooooooo below us, right? We're so good and upright, just like the Church Lady, doing the superior dance while the Left undermines our moral high ground.
"I don't know if you've noticed yet, but the alternative media and the Internet has exploded exponentially in the last fifteen years."
Here's the thing about that...with the proliferation of alternative media, you'd think every young person in America would be joining the College Republicans while attending Liberty University, right? Only they're not. Because those "alternative" media are nothing but the same ol' types of shows and periodicals the Leftist dinosaur media have been churning out for decades, only with a different spin. The same ol' talk shows, the same ol' panel discussions, the same ol' talking head newscasts. Booooooooring. No one under the age of 30 watches that kind of crap, and not many under 40. Again, we're not smart enough to come up with programming that Generation X and Generation.com will accept in which to wrap our message.
I can tell you more of what I'm doing, if you want to compare "sizes":
* building a blog and podcast,
* organizing a veterans' group, to be called POVUS (PO'd Veterans of the US), and
* working to organize a rally after the Veterans' Day parade here in Boise.
All this while recovering from spinal surgery three weeks ago. Is that enough of a "purpose" for you?
Okay, your turn. What are you doing other than flapping your gums?
Scouts Out! Cavalry Ho!