Free Republic 1st Quarter Fundraising Target: $88,000 Receipts & Pledges to-date: $82,606
93%  
Woo hoo!! And we're now over 93%!! Less than $5.4k to go!! Let's git 'er done!! Thank you all very much!!

Keyword: nutallergy

Brevity: Headers | « Text »
  • Allergic Teen Dies After Eating Cookie

    03/15/2013 9:32:28 AM PDT · by bgill · 61 replies
    ABC Good Morning America ^ | March 15, 2013 | KAREN KELLER
    Robin Fitzpatrick never knew peanuts could kill her son... The Plymouth, Mass., native was first diagnosed with a nut allergy when he was 8, after projectile-vomiting "across the room" at a Chinese restaurant, his mother said. In high school he suffered from a serious allergic reaction after he dropped his asthma inhaler into a pile of acorns... his mom couldn't find his Epi-Pen -- an epinephrine autoinjector. She had one in her cupboard but it had expired two months earlier. First responders told her over the phone that she shouldn't use it.
  • Key witness in Bryan Stow beating dies unexpectedly

    08/01/2011 5:39:32 PM PDT · by ConservativeStatement · 11 replies
    Los Angeles Times ^ | August 1, 2011 | Andrew Blankstein
    A key witness in the beating case of Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium died suddenly, apparently of an allergic food reaction. According to law enforcement sources familiar with the case, Matthew Lee died Sunday after eating a salad that apparently contained nuts, which caused the allergic reaction. The coroner has not determined a cause of death, however.