Why in the world would I choose such an easy name to be attacked? Well, it isn't as obvious as all that...
I chose it years before an independent chain of events led me to the 2003 (obviously several years before 2003).
The "Freedumb" part was a bit more conscious. It is a bit smart-alecky (which follows my personality), but also I wanted to convey the idea that I am dumb in terms of having so much to learn, from so many who know so much (I can't BEGIN to list those FReepers who have educated me and those who have schooled me).
I will take my arguments, and my knowledge, to the precipice with anyone but, when I have been bested, I try to acknowledge that (difficult when I brick-wall myself into a corner but I somehow survive even those).
I always feel sad when folk post "well, you certainly are living up to your name or similar. It is a sign that Conservatives have lost the ability to reason and debate and just go for the liberal low ring of ad hominem (basically, when you make such a comment, you are channeling gibbs -- your call).
I also am a "charter member" of the Undead Thread: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1306051/posts UT II (Bride/Son of UT)
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-backroom/1163131/posts The Original UT
Our 24-year old baby Musica (update 11/5/2008 -- sadly, Musica has passed on and will be waiting for us on the Rainbow bridge. Our love for her is eternal, as is her love for us):
Good tagline material:
- Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent (Jim Quinn, XM Radio) (socialismisinsidious)
- Pressure makes either pancakes or diamonds. (ME! Yes, I have my moments of pith)
- The state board that oversees flood control in the Central Valley plans to meet in a closed session Friday to discuss whether it violated an open meetings law. NormsRevenge
- Freerepublic is the unseen powerhouse in the room whenever famous conservatives are in the spotlight. eleni121
- It's hard to see the string until it hits a knot. RightWhale
- Let them die of thirst in the dark. CholeraJoe (after the IDF knocked out the electricity in Gaza after the Soldier was kidnapped)
- Ex-Marine Jack Murtha should ALWAYS be referred to as "Ex-Marine." (me, again)
- Puzzlement disproves evolution Sandy
- The Democrat Party stands for open treason in a time of war. Op Ed American Thinker -- J.R.Dunn
- Leftists are nothing if not extremely predictable. It's not a question of "what will they try next," but rather "when will they try it next?" Gordongekko909
- Here are my 2 rules for dealing with large animals: You may either 1) Kill them swiftly and humanely in order to eat them -or- 2)Leave them alone Deviating from these rules can cause serious injury or death Panzerfaust
- Heaven would not be Heaven without our animal companions. We're formed alike, of second-generation star matter, and if there's nothing on the other side of death for them, I doubt there is for us-- so let's all hope we all end up in a better world than this one." Backhoe
- ID: bad science, bad theology and, above all, bad philology. curiosity
- Vegetables are what food eats. CholeraJoe
- Well I guess Franken is qualified for the Senate - he was a failure in the private sector.
- Some people are too stupid to realize how stupid they are HayekRocks
- History does not record what procedures the Handsome Prince may have tried before stumbling upon the simple expedient of a kiss NicknamedBob (actually his brother)
- I don't take meds. I breathe Republican air. N. Theknow
- The only conflict that exists between science and faith is that which people manufacture. Liberal Classic
The following are the retired taglines: