Since Nov 7, 2005
The Austrian Economics Schools Commandments plus :From : link
1) You cannot spend your way out of a recession
2) You cannot regulate the economy into oblivion and expect it to function
3) You cannot tax people and businesses to the point of near slavery and expect them to keep producing
4) You cannot create an abundance of money out of thin air without making all that paper worthless
5) The government cannot make up for rising unemployment by just hiring all the out of work people to be bureaucrats or send them unemployment checks forever
6) You cannot live beyond your means indefinitely
7) The economy must actually produce something others are willing to buy
8) Every government bureaucrat should keep the following motto in mind when attempting to influence the economy: First, do no harm!
9) Central bank-supported fractional reserve banking is an economically distorting, ethically questionable activity. In particular, no government should ever do anything to save any bank from the full consequences of a bank run, no matter what the short-term consequences.
10) Gold is Gods money.
1) Businesses don't hire workers just because of demand for products or services, they hire because it makes them money. Sorry to have to state the obvious.
2) Government spending without taxing is still redistribution
3) Taking one man's money and giving it to another is not a job.
4) Paul Krugman and Bernake have been wrong about everything, as well as the other best and brightest Keynesian's who have been fixing our economy for over a decade.
5) Republicans in the minority (esp out of the White House) act like Republicans, in the majority they act like Democrats .
Equity bubble rules:
1)If something goes up too fast, it is going down faster,
2) By the time it looks like everybody is getting rich, its too late, stay out!
3) To get rich you have to get in early start of recovery and get out at the first really 'bad' news, and ignore the experts that claim that they will stop the next crash(our buddy Bernake.).
4) Don't invest money you will probably need, or worse money you don't really have.
Bush home Ownership links:
Compassional conservative was proved to be a huge failure under Bush as all those minorities voted Democrat by 2008 after they lost all those homes promoted above.
Check Federal law, you cannot offer in-state tuition rates to illegals unles you offer it to out-of-state legal Americans too.
(a) In general
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, an alien who is notlawfully present in the United States shall not be eligible on the basis of residence within a State (or a political subdivision) for any postsecondary education benefit unless a citizen or national of the United States is eligible for such a benefit (in no less an amount, duration, and scope) without regard to whether the citizen or national is such a resident.
(b) Effective date This section shall apply to benefits provided on or after July 1, 1998.
COOL post comment from early-mid 2008
I am with you. America thinks Marxism is the answer. Obama is the cure. We have no say this year so we can just try to enjoy the ride. Next year all focus will be on Obama to keep his promises and fix things. Now he's the liberal messiah, but he will be hung once elected by same fickle liberal press looking for blood.
#7 posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 9:44:36 AM by sickoflibs (Are libs really as dumb as they act??(maybe they just assume we are that dumb))
RE Volunteer and donate. We will hold Pres McCains feet to the fire.
Like you did with Bush? And with a Democratic majority??
Volunteer for ???? You dont mean for McCain do you? I cant promote him with a straight face. I may donate to a 527 that has a message I agree with but. . How can I go out and tell people: Johns a reformer, not a Republican" ? McCain is saying "Both parties mainly my party caused this mess, but not me the independent reformer". John is NOW for cutting taxes and for drilling. But he WAS against it a few months ago then switched his positions in the middle of an election 'because of principle, not politics.' And hes against pork, and earmarks, and deficits, except the 700B investor/bank bailout bill he voted for that because its the best congress would pass and we had to do something immediately
I cannot defend mCCain. can you???
#21 posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 2:42:23 PM by sickoflibs ( Obama : spread YOUR money around with ‘tax rebates’ to those not paying taxes)
Rush says is always right, never doubt him:
Rush Limbaugh Predicts McCain Victory (NewsMax ^ | October 31, 2008 | David A. Patten )
Abortion to states Scalia and Palin:
“Justice Clarence Thomas, joined by Justice Scalia, wrote an interesting concurrence in yesterday's partial birth abortion case, indicating that he might be sympathetic to a Commerce Clause challenge to the federal partial birth abortion ban that was just upheld by the Court. But no one perhaps fortunately raised the Commerce Clause, so Thomas and Scalia voted with the rest of them to uphold the ban.”
ref at Catholic Answers Forums,
Q to Palin: Why is Roe v. Wade a bad decision?
PALIN: I think it should be a states issue not a federal government-mandated, mandating yes or no on such an important issue. Im, in that sense, a federalist, where I believe that states should have more say in the laws of their lands and individual areas. Now, foundationally, its no secret that Im pro-life that I believe in a culture of life is very important for this country. Personally thats what I would like to see further embraced by America.
Source: 2008 CBS News presidential interview with Katie Couric Oct 1, 2008
Sarah Palin on Abortion Republican Governor (AK); 2008 nominee for Vice President
Video : Newt Gingrich and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi - We Can Solve It (Newt says: Speaker Nancy Pelosi and I agree that we need to demand action from our leaders to combat climate change ie mandate ethanol)
Signs that you get your thoughts from Rush (November 2013 list):
1) you think that the 1996 shutdown ended when Clinton caved to Newt and signed a balanced budget
2) You were sure that Romney would win in a landslide and were shocked on election night, but when Rush explained why he was so wrong the next day you were convinced he was right after all.
3) You were sure that if the government shutdown that Obama would rush to defund and repeal Obamacare, and when that didnt hapopen that he was just putting on a poker face, ready to give in at any given moment
4) You believe that any bill that weakens Obamacare by removing mandates actually strengthens it, and so the only thing that House GOP should do is continue to completely repeal it over and over, and over(Dems will join in any moment), like the aunts with bread crumbs.
Aunt B gone again:
Im in the wrong place. And it looks like the entire tea party is compromised. Im outta here. I want immigrants to be part of this country, not singled out for special treatment or like theyre too dumb to be an American without being pandered to. Imo, the actions of this tea party to pander like our enemy does is RACIST.
This isnt a discussion, Im done and so is this country when even conservatives are willing to sell off ethnicities for votes...which you will NEVER get. But it must make ya feel good, so you go ahead.
27 posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:22:23 PM by AuntB
The problem today is a systemic one, i.e., the misuse of a Senate rule to block judicial nominees from receiving the consent (or rejection) of the full Senate. Each of these candidates reportedly has enough votes for confirmation, but for the unprecedented use or threat of filibusters. The majority has every right and reason to change the rule.
Mark Levin March 21, 2005 NRO
Ahhh, ID :Intelligent Design, here's their *argument*
Look how complicated that cat's tongue is.
It couldn't have got here by pure random chance.
Too low probability for that to happen.
It must have been put here by an intelligent force.
We officially have no opinion of what that force was, so we cant compute any probability at all for OUR THEORY to have happened to compare against.
But that doesn't matter
So our ‘nonexistent’ probability beats evolutionists low probability, I mean the one we made up ourselves and assigned to them.
Its so low it proves its impossible, but not ours because we cant compute a probability of ours at all. So lets teach this in science class.
its clearly facts and science.
ID not Creation, IDs different than that. Its Creation without the Creation. Its Design.
Oh yes, Creation is science too but its not ID.”
How cats drink milk without wetting their chins(this latest study shows a cats tongue actually performs the equivalent of complex mathematical equations to keep two opposing forces in perfect equilibrium. ) (Creation Ministries International ^ | 4-21-14 | David Catchpoole )
WASHINGTON, DC U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) today presented an amendment to the Gang of Eight immigration bill that would improve our nations legal immigration system by increasing high-skilled temporary worker visas, called H-1B visas, by 500 percent. The measure would effectively address the needs of our nations high-skilled workforce by helping meet the growing demand for workers in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. It will also make block grants available to states to promote STEM education efforts and increase domestic STEM professionals. The committee voted against the amendment 4 to 14 with every Democrat voting against it on a party-line vote.
Sen. Cruz Presents Measure to Strengthen, Improve Legal Immigration SENATOR CRUZ OFFICE ^ | 14 MAY 2013 | SENATOR CRUZ PRESS RELEASE
Results is what matters, talk is cheap:
Ashwaubenon - On Sunday, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker (R) signed his two-year 2011-2013 budget, which included ending in-state tuition for undocumented students attending public universities and colleges.
In-state tuition for undocumented students was approved two years ago by former Governor Jim Doyle (D) after the Hispanic community struggled for 10 years to pass
Walker Revokes In-state Tuition For Undocumented Students Attending Univ And Colleges In Wisconsin Hispanic News Network USA Blog ^ | June 27, 2011 | H. Nelson Goodson