Skip to comments.Mississippi Factory Moves, Investing $9.5M and Hiring 250
Posted on 11/19/2018 5:38:58 PM PST by 2ndDivisionVet
FLOWERS, Miss. (AP) A commercial kitchen equipment company will relocate a factory in Mississippi, investing $9.5 million and creating 250 jobs.
Unified Brands, a unit of Dover Corp. of Downers Grove, Illinois, made the announcement Friday.
The company says it will rent an industrial park building near Vicksburg, relocating 175 employees now in Byram and increasing total employment to 425. It will make refrigerated preparation tables, steam kettles, steamers and commercial dishwashing sinks there....
(Excerpt) Read more at usnews.com ...
The writing is on the wall in Illinois. Get out NOW, before they start demanding big payments to leave.
“Mississippi Factory Moves, Investing $9.5M and Hiring 250”
Not moving to IL, NY, NJ, CA, CT.
“Investing $9.5M...” Probably saved that much in taxes by moving out of IL.
Good for Missipp!
We Southerners are a friendly bunch, but you havent felt the love, right? Following are a few suggestions and tips so as not to annoy the #&%% out of everyone around you.
1) You will be asked your denomination and which church you attend. This indicates your level of sanctification and your definition of sin. Expect a Baptist friend to say a blessin before every meal and ask you to make liquor store runs for her. A Catholic friend will invite you to bingo and wine tasting at Our Lady of Perpetual Fun.
2) Just because we say fixin to and aint, dont talk to us as if were morons. This calls for permanent expulsion, and well also make you leave.
3) Dont expect to get knee-crawling, commode-hugging drunk at weddings or funerals.
4) In the South, God doesnt have a last name.
5) Expect to hear an accused murderer on the news claiming, He needed killin.
6) This is the Bible Belt, therefore thou shalt not uttereth blasphemy about any SEC team. Nothing will incite a riot faster.
7) Do not try to understand country music. You havent helped your Mamaw shell peas, been to a revival, or had your picture taken holding up a giant bullfrog. If you havent done all of these things, your Southern ancestry is questioned.
8) Beware: At a shooting range, dont be surprised if the deadly accurate Navy Seal sniper beside you is a Southerner of the little girl variety. And by the by, estrogen and guns are not a good combo.
9) Hunting is a religion, started by Pastor Smith and Brother Wesson.
10) Be aware: Bless your heart could mean, You poor thang, or You poor thang, you dont know your hiney from a hole in the ground. But it can also mean, Youve been blasted in the most despicably Southern manner and you dont even know it, darlin.
11) Gimme some sugar, doesnt mean the white granular stuff.
12) Since were not as rude . . . um, straightforward as Northerners in our communication techniques, be aware we WILL talk about you behind your back.
13) There will be 100 times more bugs and animals in your back yard than in, say, Indiana.
14) DO NOT constantly complain about our lack of Jewish delis and Italian pizzerias. Quit griping, spend your money, and go back home to shovel your driveway.
15) We take Sundays being a day of rest seriously around here, except when we go fellowship at Piccadilly after church where heathens serve us up a meat and two sides.
16) Finally, if you decide to have kids here, they will NOT be considered Southern. As they say, If a cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldnt call em biscuits.
Bless your heart,
Your Southern neighbor
“...therefore thou shalt not uttereth blasphemy about any SEC team.”
Even if it’s Missouri?
Or A&M? All of us Big 12 folk refuse to mention the traitors.
Obama kicks dog and slaps kids.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.