Skip to comments.Boston Marathon victim sues Glenn Beck for defamation
Posted on 04/01/2014 8:56:16 AM PDT by wtd
Boston Marathon victim sues Glenn Beck for defamation
BOSTON (AP) - A Saudi Arabian man injured in the Boston Marathon bombings has filed a defamation lawsuit against Glenn Beck, accusing the conservative commentator of calling him "the money man" behind the attack.
Abdulrahman Alharbi, 20, said in the lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Boston that his reputation was "substantially and severely damaged" as a result of Beck's statements on the air linking him to the bombings.
The lawsuit, which also names the broadcast companies connected to Beck's show, seeks a jury trial and unspecified damages.
(Excerpt) Read more at alabamas13.com ...
I hope this guy is not trying to chill him with the trheat of legal action hoping he will settle- I dont think Beck would fall for that.
> Discovery is going to be a biotch, Muhammad.
Yep. If he’s complicit even one iota, he might as well move back overseas.
To paraphrase Jimmy Stewart in Call Northside 777, go ahead and sue! I’d love to get you on the stand under oath!!
I wonder how many attorneys had to visit him to convi ce him to file a lawsuit. Moreover I wonder which Muslim / liberal organiztion paid him to do it.
If the Turban fits.
Does this mean “Mooshelle” will be called as a character witness for the plaintiff?
Don’t remember any article saying exactly what kind of injury the guy sustained that required hospital stay and a MO visit.
only remembered the ‘selfie’ that was later deleted.
Was this the guy who was tackled by bystanders who thought he was suspicious?
Perhaps GB will have to make room in his Putin prayer for Alharbi.
Truth is a defense
Yes, but “I’ll provide proof in 24 hours ... err, I mean, 24 business hours ... Yeah, that’s it” doesn’t work so well in court.
yes indeed it is.
How much of a reputation could this guy have amassed at age 20? The kid's a college student.
From your link:
Fox News reporter Todd Starnes has also reported, The Saudi national who was initially detained and then ruled out as a suspect in the Boston Marathon terrorist attack had been flagged on a terror watch list and was granted a student visa without being properly vetted, sources have told me.
Starnes report no longer appears on the Fox News website, but can be found on Townhall.
Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) has told TheBlaze that he has detailed information on the Saudi national and confirmed that Al-Harbi was to be deported under Section 212 3b of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Alongside three other Congressmen, Rep. Duncan has requested a classified briefing on the Saudi national and the deportation order.
He was to be deported but then got a visit...in the hospital from the Presidents wife.
Most peculiar series of events indeed.
from his stated intention to SUE...Id say he’s quite the arrogant little puke...and evidently quite “connected”..an Arab Elitist Id have to guess.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.