Skip to comments.Is Trumps movement fascist rather than conservative?
Posted on 08/25/2015 1:58:59 PM PDT by dschapin
I am honestly getting a little scared of what I see happening in politics at the moment. Trump seems to be creating a personality cult where his supporters dont seem to care what they are supporting provided he attacks the people they dont like. I am starting to feel a little bit like a German citizen in the early 1930s watching normally rational conservatives start to cultishly follow a strong leader who they thought would fight back and stop the communists.
Seriously if I had to pick a political philosophy for the Trump movement I would say that it is fascism for the following reasons.
1. Trump's support of and past involvement in crony capitalism (such as his support for using the condemnation power of the state to take property for private parties with good government connections).
2. Trump's followers extreme desire for a strong leader and almost mystical belief that he can fix things without caring what his beliefs or idealogy is.
3. Trump's support for a type of nationalism that is starting to push into the overtly rascist and nativist realm.
4. The delight that Trump seems to take in personally demeaning and attempting to destroy anyone who opposes him. And the way that his followers cheer him on in so including supporting him using sexist slurs against Megan Kelly for doing her job as a journalist.
5. Finally, the fact that Trump and his supporter seem to have no concern for the constitution or the separation of powers.
But will he make the trains run on time?
You win the overreaction award of the day.
Why does that bother you now? Obama has been operating like that from day 1.
His supporters sure seem to think so.
yawn - stretch - scratches
You should have been scared when Obama ran or earlier.
Our system is rigged. The GOP is trying to coronate Bush now as the fall guy to the Dems candidate.
Examples? or kitties from Lochlann. If there were any truth to that, the lib media would be trumpeting it from here to Tehran.
Trumps support for a type of nationalism that is starting to push into the overtly rascist (sic) and nativist realm
I opposed Obama and thought he was heading in a fascist direction as well. Though with Obama it was a tossup as to whether he leaned more fascist or communist. However, two wrongs don’t make a right. In Germany, after WW1, the communists came close to taking over which is why many conservatives ended up supporting Hitler who they thought was the one strong leader that could stop the communists. History records how that turned out.
You’re paranoid and overthinking things.
Thanks for chiming in, Karl.
We got it.
Liberal-Leftist-Communists calling conservatives “racist, sexist, fascist, homophobes” = “ Hard Nosed Politics”
Conservatives giving it back in full measure = “Rise of the Third Reich”
Same as it ever was.
We’re in the “Cold Civil War.” Which side you going to choose?
It is a populist movement, and a populist movement can easily become a fascist movement.
But since we have been getting overrun by commies lately, I might not mind so much. Certainly I would look forward to street fighting between the Fascist and Commies with heavy casualties on both sides.
who would you rather see get the nomination, Trump or Bush?
if the answer is neither, you’re in luck. There’s a long way to go.
Now this is the time to make the case.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.