Skip to comments.Dirty Little Emmy Secret: Trump Supporters Much More Racially Diverse Than Lily-White Television
Posted on 09/20/2017 1:58:23 PM PDT by EdnaMode
According to the latest census figures, white people make up 61.3 percent of the American population. Rounding out those numbers, Hispanics (17.8 percent), blacks (13.3 percent), and Asians (5.7 percent), fill in most of the rest of our glorious melting pot. And yet
The oh-so progressive left-wing television industry, the very same television industry that spent almost every minute of Sundays disastrously low-watched Emmy Award Show smugly blasting away at Trump and his supporters as unrepentant racists, looks nothing like America. Not even close.
In fact, the broad coalition of Trumps racist supporters is much more racially diverse than the television industry.
According to a just-released study, minority actors make up only 11.4 percent of the lead actors in television roles. Things are not much better for supporting non-white roles, where white actors account for about three-quarters of the scripted roles on cable and broadcast.
In other words, while minorities make up nearly 40 percent of the American population, oh-so progressive Hollywood reduces the minority presence on television to a mere 11 percent in lead roles and a mere 25 percent in all roles.
Let us now compare Hollywoods horrible record of racial diversity on television to the racial diversity of those Hollywood relentlessly blasts as racists, meaning: those awful Trump Supporters.
Only 58 percent of Trump supporters are white. Of that remaining non-white 42 percent, eight percent are black, while 29 percent are Hispanic.
Compare that to the 89% of lead television roles and 75% of all television roles that are white.
(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...
I’m not surprised. I also choose to not watch BET just as blacks choose to not watch all white actors on tv shows. It’s not about racism; it’s about being able to relate to the actors and the roles they play.
There wasn’t a single minute I was able to relate to Kunta Kinte in the mini series “Roots”.
White devil make moving picture steal Red man soul.
There are as many Hispanic speaking stations on my cable as there are English speaking stations. I think Hispanics are extremely well represented
Look at the audience and of course the host!
I demand quotas!!!
Blinded by the white!
Just for the fun of it someone should report this to the haters at the Southern Poverty Law Center...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.