Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

To: Olog-hai

She’s been waiting 20 years. Could have earned an advanced degree in four years and made enough to buy a home 10 or 15 years ago. But, nope, would rather wait to hit the jackpot.

Our CA town requires developers to set aside “below market rate” units in every new project. Maybe 1 out of 1,000 win the lottery. Makes liberals feel so good about themselves because they “are doing something.”


3 posted on 02/28/2018 10:54:54 PM PST by ProtectOurFreedom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]


To: ProtectOurFreedom

Not everyone is smart enough to earn a degree, much less an advanced degree, but no doubt this woman and her family could have improved their own lot over 20 years.


17 posted on 03/01/2018 2:29:37 AM PST by rb22982
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

To: ProtectOurFreedom

Our CA town requires developers to set aside “below market rate” units in every new project. Maybe 1 out of 1,000 win the lottery. “””

Keep in mind that the other purchasers of those new units pay for the difference in price for the break on the ‘below market rate’ units.

IF 10% are ‘low income’, the other 90% of the units MUST be priced higher to make up the difference for the developer.


33 posted on 03/01/2018 7:00:09 AM PST by ridesthemiles
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

To: ProtectOurFreedom

You’d think that in 20 years she could have learned English.


38 posted on 03/01/2018 9:59:54 AM PST by Buckeye McFrog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article


FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson