Skip to comments.Naked Florida man starts house fire while baking cookies on George Foreman grill in Niceville
Posted on 09/07/2018 10:21:22 AM PDT by Gamecock
NICEVILLE Responding to a house fire last week, Niceville police officers and firefighters encountered an odd sight.
When firefighters got to the home around 5:30 p.m., they could see smoke coming from inside. A naked man opened the front door, said, Im sorry and closed the door. Police officers arrived shortly after to assist. The man came to the door again, left it open and went back into the house.
The man admitted to drinking two liters of vodka and smoking marijuana starting around 9 a.m. that morning. He was examined at the scene and had no life-threatening injuries, the report said. He refused further medical treatment.
Based on the fire departments investigation, the man allegedly tried baking cookies on a George Foreman grill which he left unattended. The grill and cookies caught fire, so he put dry towels on top of the grill. Those caught fire, too, causing the fire to spread.
According to the offense report from the Police Department, the man showed no signs of understanding the danger he was in. There were several things on fire inside the home, including some towels. An officer detained the man and removed him from the house for his own safety. Firefighters said that if he had stayed in the home much longer, he could have possibly died from smoke inhalation.
In the report, an officer said he and another officer were in the house for about five minutes and had a hard time breathing. Firefighters went inside with oxygen masks to remove the burning items.
Meth is a helluva drug
Geez he’s lucky to be alive.
Just another day in Niceville.
Why drag Big George into this. This nut would have done the same with an Easy Bake Oven.
This is one of the best Fridays weve had in a while.
Never change, Florida Man. I so appreciate your zany antics in the news all the time.
no kidding - all he add to do was add THE END and he would have a short story
Hmm...well, yes, I suppose that will lead you to burn the cookies all right...
I wonder what kind of cookies he was trying to bake?
This thread should be good...after people stop laughing. ;)
“The man admitted to drinking two liters of vodka and smoking marijuana starting around 9 a.m. that morning.”
Yep, that’ll do it.
What exactly was he apologizing for? The cookies werent done?
Yes, he is very fortunate. Hopefully he will take this as a warning about substance abuse.
Assuming 1.5 ounces is a standard drink, this guy had 44 drinks in his system. Is it even possible to survive with that much alcohol in your system?
Delores O’Riordan says ... “No”.
Lol, yes. A Florida Man classic.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.