Skip to comments.7 stories Obama doesn't want told
Posted on 11/30/2009 10:35:09 AM PST by maine-iac7
Presidential politics is about storytelling. Presented with a vivid storyline, voters naturally tend to fit every new event or piece of information into a picture that is already neatly framed in their minds.
No one understands this better than Barack Obama and his team, who won the 2008 election in part because they were better storytellers than the opposition. The pro-Obama narrative featured an almost mystically talented young idealist who stood for change in a disciplined and thoughtful way. This easily outpowered the anti-Obama narrative, featuring an opportunistic Chicago pol with dubious relationships who was more liberal than he was letting on.
(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...
"He thinks hes playing with Monopoly money "
"Hes a pushover "
"He sees America as another pleasant country on the U.N. roll call, somewhere between Albania and Zimbabwe"
Pretty scathing. The media senses blood in the water - when the media starts turning on them, it’s down hill from there. Even Saturday Night Live did two long and nasty segments on him! And other liberal media are now starting to print adverse stories on “The One” -
Has anyone checked the White House today? There must be stream rising from the Oval Office.
Mrs WBill gets Rolling Stone....which is one of the more liberal rags I've read. I peruse it occasionally to see what the kids are up to. :-)
Anyhoo, the "political" story of this week's issue was along the lines of "Why is Obama in bed with the banking system?". I didn't read it, but I skimmed it. Looked like a mildly critical piece.
More important - and what I did read - was the lead editorial from the Editor. A *Very* Critical piece on BO, I though. Took him to task for not doing any of the things that he ran on, continuing many of Bush's policies, and not doing *enough* about Global Warming, "The Biggest Threat facing us".
Whatever. Hyperbole aside, I was very heartened by the fact that even the incredibly liberal RS is turning against this administration. And, we're not even a year into it yet.
It was right around that time we started seeing stories about how much of an idiot Obama is without a teleprompter in front of his face.
We'll see. If he still goes to (H)openhagen to push GloBULL warming - we'll know they are still clueless - operating under "The Chicago Way" of just pushing their agenda no matter what.
The downhill momentum is hard to stop, particularly when it's so top-heavy.
Obama, a legislator who voted present 147 times and
law professor untenured lecturer, is fluent in describing the nuances of problems talking about hopey-changey stuff. But his intellectuality has contributed to a growing critique that decisions are detached from rock-bottom principles.<--(By George, I think they're starting to get it!)
I used to be a political cartoonist for my local paper - I have an image of his infamous bus, the wheels coming off, it rolling backward - over 'the gang'
7 things about obambi they don’t want you to know
1. He sold cocaine to Larry Sinclair
3. He had sex with Larry Sinclair
5. Donald Young was murdered
6. Donald Young was a member of obambi’s church
7. Donald Young was more than that
The Jack Ass party is in trouble
1. StimulusGate - the money went to buy votes rather than stimulate the economy.
2. ClimateGate - Numbers fudged to justify Cap and Trade and extreme environmental controls on America.
3. YouLieGate - That Illegals and Abortion were not in the Health Care (now Reform) Bills.
4. HealthReformGate - Saying that it would not cost Americans a dime more nor increase the deficit. (Wait until the Youth are taxed and start to Howl when they get no benefits for 3 years).
5. EthicsGate - The most Ethical Administration ever? Your kidding.
6. TerrorismGate - Dismantling or defenses and giving Terrorists a forum for there hate. Destroying the Geneva Convention (KSM in non-military trial).
7. CzarGate - Loony Czars. A Treasury leader who cheated on taxes and led the AIG bonuses? A Health Care Secretary that poo poos her own groups recommending less Breast Examinations than industry standards? A Czar who signed a leading document that the U.S. was the cause of 911, and then denied he signed it?
With all these gates, Nixon Watergate looks like nothing.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.