Skip to comments.“Oversight of the U.S. Department of Justice” Senate Judiciary Committee(WATCH LIVE)
Posted on 11/08/2011 6:17:28 AM PST by Dubya-M-DeesWent2SyriaStupid!
Oversight of the U.S. Department of Justice Senate Judiciary Committee
View a webcast of this hearing
DATE: November 8, 2011
TIME: 10:00 AM
ROOM: Dirksen 226
OFFICIAL HEARING NOTICE / WITNESS LIST:
October 31, 2011
NOTICE OF COMMITTEE HEARING
The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing entitled Oversight of the U.S. Department of Justice for Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
By order of the Chairman.
Hearing before the Senate Committee on the Judiciary
On Tuesday, November 8, 2011 Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 226 10:00 a.m.
The Honorable Eric H. Holder Jr. Attorney General
U.S. Department of Justice Washington, DC
A caller from Pa. discussing VOTER ID Laws before the hearing begins
I am cubicle bound today. Will someone keep this thread updated?
It starts in 40 minutes.I will update in this thread.I hear that Holder will have the utter audacity to call for gun control legislation within the hearing.
Thanks for starting the thread! I plan on watching it and recording the whole thing.
The cameras have not turned on yet.I recall watching the other Issa hearings seeing Holder and Cummings buddy up and laughing amongst themselves,before the official hearing started.T-Minus 20 minutes...
This one probably will not be as good as when Issa gets hold of Holder in the house hearings. Grassly doesn’t have the fight in him that Issa does, but it still will be fun to watch.
Tough Questions for AG Holder on ATF/DOJ Mass Murder Catastrophe
Today November 8 the ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee will grill AG Eric Holder on Operation Fast and Furious amid the sounds of a salivating public lapping at the latest lurid suggestions about Herman Cain. Will another convenient sex scandal overshadow Holder’s appearance before a Justice Department oversight hearing?
Border patrol Agent Brian Terry’s death on December 14, 2010 is part and parcel of an ATF/DOJ mass murder catastrophe. Big media has so far chosen to ignore the fiasco and the cover-up. Too bad Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) can’t ask Attorney General Eric Holder whether he sexually harassed young women 15 years ago; he’d have a huge audience.
While the mainstream media is busy destroying Cain’s reputation, Grassley should capitalize on their lack of interest and turn up the heat. Here are some questions he may want to ask the heinous Mr. Holder.
1) What U.S. laws were broken by the Department of Justice in this 18-month operation?
2) Who came up with the Fast and Furious scheme to supply weapons to the Mexican cartel Sinaloa?
3) Is there any authority for DOJ violating 18 USC 922 which forbids the sale of guns to felons?
4) How can a DOJ criminal program of this magnitude exist for 17 months (Sept 2009 until January 2011), be terminated, and you don’t find out about it until April 2011?
5) How many agencies were involved in this operation?
6) Did Arizona U.S. Attorney Dennis Burke resign due to his complicity in allowing known felons to purchase guns while looking the other way? When will he and Assistant U.S. Attorney Emory Hurley be criminally charged for their part in the gun sales?
7) Who authorized and who terminated the Fast and Furious program?
8) Is it coincidence that around the same time Operation Fast and Furious commenced, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was acting to launch talks on a U.N. treaty to regulate the sales of small arms?
9) Do you think laws requiring State Dept. approval/licensing for international transfer of weapons were violated?
10) Do you think that a multi-agency criminal investigation that crosses international boundaries should be coordinated with the State Department, and if so, what office of the Executive Branch is responsible for such coordination?
Holder should leave the hot seat sweating like a real suspect. Murder trumps sex.
Holder just sat down.
Yep..the dems get to run this hearing so expect lots of frustrations. Grinch up with opening remarks.
Leahy is stinking up the room with praise for holder.
Leahy praising Holder and DOJ.
Rapid eye-blinking in liar Holder.
Grassley ripping into Holder and the Doj.
I will bet Holder not only calls for gun legislation but he tries to blame Bush for inheriting.Guns were not walked.Operation Wide Receiver was not criminal.
Of course..whenever Obama and his commie thugs get called out..they double down.
Grassley laying it out regarding the lying.
Holder didn’t have squat to do with killing(or what-ever happened) to Osama Bin Laden.
Holder Sworn in.Opening statement is primping DOJ accomplishments OMG he just mentioned OBLaden!Will he say that he and Obama JUSt let off another terrorist the other day?
Why is Holder going on and on about DOJ this is about FAST AND FURIOUS.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.