Skip to comments.Entrepreneurs Weigh In: What Do We Need Over The Next Four Years?
Posted on 10/28/2012 6:05:11 AM PDT by Kaslin
What the hell is he doing asking for another four years?
(Excerpt) Read more at townhall.com ...
Sorry, bags are packed and waiting behind the front door. It’s not if this is over, it’s when. This country has ‘changed’ into something I thought I’d never see in my lifetime. The welfare state we’ve become will drain us to a EU style life of quiet desparation.
Right now, small business people have MYRIAD reasons for the decision to DO NOTHING AT ALL.
What is needed is the removal of those reasons, and the introduction of traditional reasons to DO SOMETHING.
Then watch an economy take off.
I am so glad you ask, since I am a severely addicted entrepreneur:
1) A new attitude, this country has been in such a funk many of the things we did pre-Obama have to come back. Networking, cocktail parties, mixers etc...
2)WTF money, my whole business life I have known really wealthy people who have WTF money, that money is essential for start-ups, you need rich guys who can afford to lose 100% of their investment and jump in. That money has been virtually absent the last four years.
3)Bring back respect for work, all the dole is sucking capital from the market place, instead of allowing capital to grow immensely in the market place, it is diverted to non-producers who ad nothing to the creation of wealth.
4) It would have been nice if the green investment money Obama blew to his cronies had been used for business loans for start-ups instead.
Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($43 million)*
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.2 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDels subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
Abound Solar ($400 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Schneider Electric ($86 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
Olsens Crop Service and Olsens Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chems subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($39 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*
Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)
Just imagine $50,000 seed money for 1000’s of start-ups instead of paying back Obama bundlers.
5) Stabilize the outlook for taxes, four the last 4 years most investors have been scared sh*tless not know what Obama is going to do tomorrow, making long term planning impossible.
6) Drive all energy prices down! Energy is the oxygen of all production, make it super cheap and capital that is saved can be much better spent than on energy.
7) Undo every dumbass executive order Obama has signed.
8) Pump up the confidence of the American public.
9) Total tax reform!
10) Eliminate Obama Care.
11) Kill off all attorneys!
12) strengthen the dollar.
13) Prosecute all Wall Street crooks!(I know I said kill all the attorneys)
14) Start break-up of big banks.
15) Repeal Dodd Frank and Sarbaines O
This would be a good start.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.