Skip to comments.Hillary's Private Email Scandal Goes Deeper
Posted on 03/10/2015 7:00:34 AM PDT by Kaslin
Hillary Clinton is not the first official in the Obama administration to have been caught using private email accounts. And likely she will not be the last.
Promising the most transparent administration in the history of the universe, Im starting to get the idea that perhaps the administration might have a whole bunch of officials inside and outside the White House -- who are trying to skirt Freedom of Information requirements by claiming their private email addresses are privileged.
You might remember Lisa Jackson, the former head of the EPA. She got bounced in part because she cultivated various email aliases to hide her email threads.
Windsor.Richard@epa.gov was the controversial email alias used by former Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson, who resigned earlier this year amid questions about whether [she was complying] with open-records laws, reported the Washington Times.
Sharyl Attkinson did a nice treatment of the subject of email at the Daily Signal detailing not just personal examples of officials using private emails for public business, but going deeper by showing how prevalent the practice is.
Personal email is always or often used for government business in their agency, says Attkinson, according to 16 percent of survey respondents. One-third, 33 percent, said personal email is used sometimes or more frequently.
This from a government that thinks its okay to collect data on everything from our private telephone numbers, to journalists like Attkinson, who conscientiously reported the news.
Attkinson won awards for her reports on CBSNews about the Fast and Furious scandal, but was subsequently harassed by the administration for it.
Increasingly the government—Obama-- is demanding transparency for the rest of us—think unreasonable search and seizure—while trying the hardest to keep records from the rest of us, in direct contravention of the law.
In just about every scandal from the stimulus boondoggle, to Fast and Furious, to Benghazi, to the IRS audit disgrace, to the Department of Energy loan program the administration does whatever it can to deny the public the documents that would help shed light on the administrations activities.
And since Jackson, attorney general Eric Holder and other members of the Justice Department along with Clinton have all been all been implicated in the practice, I think its only fair to surmise that perhaps this is a coordinated strategy by the administration to cover up records that should be open.
Would it really surprise anyone if the White House cultivated secret email accounts? The only thing transparent about the administration is that this is exactly what they would do. After all this is an administration that holds offsite meetings with lobbyists and demands that they sign confidentiality agreements about what they talk about.
It allows the Obama administration to keep these lobbyist meetings shielded from public view — and out of Secret Service logs kept on visitors to the White House and later released to the public, reported Politico. The White House scoffs at the notion of an ulterior motive for scheduling meetings in what are, after all, meeting rooms. But at least four lobbyists whove been to the conference rooms just off Lafayette Square tell POLITICO they had the distinct impression they were being shunted off to Jackson Place — and off the books — so their visits wouldnt later be made public.
We all get that impression.
And we should. Emails have been lost, aliases have been created, hard drives have disappeared, along with witnesses.
If it walks like a crook, talks like a crook, its a crook.
It would be poetic if in the end the administration was undone by what they likely think is the harmless practice of creating private email addresses to hide public records.
But lets ask the question and see where it leads.
If Diogenes found ONE honest person in Washington he would have a heart attack!
Obama does in secret what would get him impeached if it became public.
The CIA and FBI should ask those questions:
1) Where was the server(s) located exactly?
2) Who administered the server(s)?
3) Where is the server(s) today?
4) Was the server(s) backed up?
5) What email clients accessed the server(s)? What mobile devices, laptops, desktops or any other device retrieved data from the server(s).
6) What Internet Service Provider or providers was the server or servers connected to? what type of router or routers were used? Did the router or routers have wireless access? Where is the router or the routers today? Did the router or routers have logs? If yes where are the logs?
7) If the server was at the Clinton residence what other devices were connected to the server? Were they hard wired or wireless?
8) Our of all the devices connected to the server or servers, router or routers or any other device on the network what devices were using encryption? What type of encryption?
9) What were the name or names of the domains used for all emails? When were these domains established? At any time was any email traffic handled by any ISP? If yes from what dates? If yes what kind of email platform was used? Who administered the email server or servers hosted at any ISP?
10) Name all the server names used for any POP3, SMTP or any other email protocol used during your time at the state department.
11) Where all email communications using any client type encrypted?
12) How long where emails left on the server or servers? How long where emails left on any clients used to access the emails? Please provide all hardware devices that were used to access the email server or servers. Provide all hardware or any external hardware such as external storage devices whether permanent or temporary.
13) Did you access your email accounts from any vehicle owned by the united states government. Including cars, planes, helicopters, etc. Provide the dates and times you were using government vehicles and the names of who administered access to government internet connections provided by such vehicles. Does the broom you fly on have an internet connection?
14) Provide all email account names and passwords used.
15) Provide a list of every user ever registered on any email server you used or had access to while you were secretary of state.
16) Provide any bill, invoice, credit card charge or any financial transaction related to the use or maintenance of any email server you had access to while Secretary of State.
17) Did you use any email account or accounts on servers not maintained by you? List all email accounts and
passwords you used while Secretary of State.
18) Please have your staff while at Secretary of state answer the questions above.
(hat tip—FReeper isthisnickcool)
The Queen is Dead.
Soak it in and marvel. This was a very sophisticated take-out hit by dark forces intent on a much more progressive Democrat being your next POTUS.
O told Bill Plante he only “found out” about Hillarys private emails on the news.
Back at the WH, Valerie musta told O there was proof he emailed back and forth w/ Hillary.
So Earnest was sent out to save Obamas ***.........Earnest echoed the cover-up-—that O did not know the legal implications..
Fox also reported-when emails are sent to govt officials from private serversa message accompanies them-that the email was not sent on a secure sever-giving them the option whether or not to respond.
Obama had to know this.
Well, it’s not as if she chanted the N-word or anything...
Maybe they set themselves up to be an ISP so Bill could have better access to porn sites.
> Obama does in secret what would get him impeached if it became public.
That would probably be a pretty long list. It would be a lot longer if our society had’t sunk to such a depraved state. At present he can be gay and punish those who won’t pander to them, do drugs, assist our enemies in overthrowing us, open our borders and grant instant citizenship to people who don’t pay taxes to get their vote, Cloward-Piven us to death, assassinate dissenters, take over the internet and install monitoring systems to punish dissenters, use federal agencies like the FBI and the IRS to punish dissenters, create new taxes out of thin air to suck another third of our income, etc... Where the hell does it stop?
I disagree. Zero did not need to hear from Valerie that there was proof. Given that Hitlary NEVER used her gov account, he had to realize instantly that ANY email correspondence with her HAD to be via her hidden account.
Obama is NOT stupid. He is a liar. I can only surmise that he thought the libtard media would let it go.
This is first and foremost a CYA trying to make it appear as if Obama didn’t have the slightest idea what Hillary was doing all the while Hillary was running a “shadow” govt undermining Obama.
I’ve even seen the talking point being floated that because of the date the email server was set up Bush was working with Hillary.
That thing was re-purposed on day one of this scandal.
Through all these discussions about email, isn’t it odd that the NSA is never mentioned? If they have a tap on every fiber pipeline in the country, those emails are not lost. True, it would be a massive search, but that is what that facility in Utah is for. So... best to keep them busy on something actually worthwhile.
My guess is the entire bunch of crooks will claim “Past Practices” since they all have been doing it and all will be forgiven by odumbo. I think they will all walk.
There are “dating mining” programs that can find this stuff f—a—s—t.
Hillary is going to threaten and intimidate all of us at her “press conference” today. A few screams of “What difference does it make?!” at the top of her lungs and this scandal is over. The bozos in the state controlled “media” will slink away with their tails between their legs and never mention this again.
Does anyone know the time of this press conference, who will be carrying the live stream, etc?
Must arrange my tasks today so I can watch it.
“I think its only fair to surmise that perhaps this is a coordinated strategy by the administration to cover up records that should be open.”
How about a RICCO indictment?
“My guess is the entire bunch of crooks will claim Past Practices...”
My answer would be...”We’ll put the past practicers in jail too, but we’re starting with you”.”
I don’t have a problem with loading the slammer up at this point...whether D or R.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.