Skip to comments.Remember we said that after Obama left office, we'd find out the damage he did?
Posted on 06/30/2017 3:53:30 PM PDT by little jeremiah
From Thomas Wictor on Twitter
(1) Boy oh boy. Remember we said that after Obama left office, we'd find out the damage he did?
It's much worse than I imagined.
(2) Under Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch, the Department of Justice pushed the states to pass new laws.
(3) The goal was to make it impossible to hold repeat offenders in jail before trial.
(4) Because so many repeat offenders are black.
(5) The first step was to reclassify violent felonies as nonviolent misdemeanors. Look at California.
(6) Assault with a deadly weapon, harming a crime victim or witness, resisting arrest that injures a police officer...
(7) Violent elder or child abuse, arson with injury, and manslaughter are now nonviolent felonies.
(8) Proposition 47--passed in 2014--reclassified certain "nonviolent felonies" as misdemeanors. https://ballotpedia.org/California_P...itiative_(2014)
(9) Therefore prisoners convicted of violent elder abuse were released because now their former violent felony was a misdemeanor.
(10) So the Democrats first changed violent felonies to misdemeanors.
Then they changed the laws for bail.
(11) Washington DC Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier resigned because criminals were being arrested, released, and arrested again the same day.
(12) Outgoing police chief decries Districts broken criminal justice system https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.7a6390304208
(13) Federal authorities decide who stays in jail in DC. Under pressure from Holder and Lynch, they were releasing everyone.
(14) The crime rate spiked dramatically. The Democrats are pushing for "community rehabilitation programs" instead of prison.
(15) The most repulsive member of congress--@tedlieu, the guy who trolls Trump--has introduced a doozy of a bill.
(16) Lieu wants to ELIMINATE bail in the entire country. https://lieu.house.gov/media-center/...ail-act-2016-0
(17) They point to the "success" of New Jersey, which eliminated bail earlier this year.
(18) In New Jersey, a person is evaluated with an eight-question form. Prior offenses are not taken into consideration.
(19) As a result almost nobody is held over until trial. Almost everyone is released. http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...s_be_rele.html
(20) The state had to hire new staff and create new computer systems to manage the new system.
(21) Releasing everybody has so far cost New Jersey $400 million, and the crime rate is skyrocketing.
(22) Washington DC eliminated bail, and now the city pays $50 million a year to oversee almost no prisoners. http://www.allprobailbond.com/blog/b...minating-bail/
(23) Duane and Beth Chapman--He's better known as Dog the Bounty Hunter--testified in Sacramento about the new laws coming.
(24) The Chapmans pointed out every loophole they could: a guy who never shows up for trial, for example.
(25) They said that the Democrats then TWEAKED the laws to EXCLUDE any possible offender.
(26) The DC Police arrested a total of 219 violent protestors on Inauguration Day. Only 17 showed up for their trials.
(27) The Chapmans said that the Democratic party has made it a priority in 2017 to pass laws that make holding anyone in jail impossible.
(28) What I realized a long time ago is that Democrats' sole motivation is to piss off conservatives.
(29) So I'm not surprised that one of our two major parties now wants us to die at the hands of violent criminals.
(30) The end result of Democratic "reform" is that criminals now commit crimes with impunity, and people are too afraid to call the cops.
(31) There are no penalties for threatening witnesses and skipping your trial. Nobody comes looking for you.
(32) And if you get arrested, they immediately release you.
(33) You may have heard that more an more celebrities are having their mansions broken into. http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...report-w467042
Oops, sorry the above link not a link. Anyway, url which can be copied and pasted. Here are the links embeddied in the tweets above, posting separately just because formatting with twitter is very time consuming.
I wonder if you saw this recent twitter thread by Thomas Wictor?
Wictor is terrific, esp on Iraq/ISUS
I value his insights and knowledge more every day.
I hope Trump Team knows about all this.
We must remember that in the Soviet Union the
criminal element was always considered to be
socially “reliable” and not the threat that
the intellectual reactionary element was.
This is why the intellectuals were mixed into
the criminal population to be preyed upon
by the thieves who being socially reliable
generally received minor and occasionally
major positions of power in the prisons and gulag.
There is no need to wonder at the democrat actions,
they have the same goal.
David A. Clarke, Jr.Verified account @SheriffClarke 22h22 hours ago
Dems cannot change their message to one of offering ideas. They put together a constituency of grievants who think they're owed something.
I half expected a general pardon for black and Spanish convicts. This is almost as effective.
Much of this was pushed by BLM and I ain’t talking about the Bureau of Land Management.
I have said before and will say until I shuck off this earthly coil.
People have no idea the things that are going on in our social justice courts.
You ask any corrections officer state, city, county, NY, NJ Chicago, LA and they will tell you what social justice is. These politicians in rat sates and cities are opening the door and redistributing money to these savages
You got that right. I about fell on my posterior the first time I heard pookie say that he was getting SSD for being shot while dealing drugs. He was confined to a wheelchair and had PTSD, and getting paid.
The world is flat out nuts.
I don’t wonder at all. In fact, IMHO Wictor doesn’t take it far enough. The Dems/commiepukes want chaos and anarchy to destroy the opposition (us) and help usher in the Glorious Revolution.
Yes, I remember a lot of this stuff from the last few years, but it’s good to have a bit more detailed info. “Too many black men in prison” and all that garbage. Well, honey - too many black men committing CRIMES.....
Even in grade schools - can’t discipline or punish black kids any more, too negative, racist, etc. Group hugs and more being nice will help. Yeah.....help them become hardcore criminals with no conscience or self control.
Bumping once because it’s important...
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.