Skip to comments.Congressman Matt Gaetz Leads 65 Lawmakers in Push for Release of Intelligence Committee’s FISA Memo
Posted on 01/19/2018 5:05:37 PM PST by Jim Robinson
Washington, D.C. U.S. Congressman Matt Gaetz (FL-01) today led a group of 65 lawmakers in a letter to Chairman Devin Nunes of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence urging the immediate release of the four-page FISA Memo document to the public, as well as any relevant ancillary information. In the letter, Rep. Gaetz states, the audience of this document should not be limited to Members of Congress the American people deserve to know the information it contains.
Cosigners of the letter include: Congressmen Brian Babin (TX-36), Don Bacon (NE-02), Jim Banks (IN-03), Jack Bergman (MI-01), Andy Biggs (AZ-05), Rod Blum (IA-01), Dave Brat (VA-07), Larry Bucshon (IN-08), Ted Budd (NC-13), Michael Burgess (TX-26), Bradley Byrne (AL-01), Buddy Carter (GA-01), Steve Chabot (OH-01), Warren Davidson (OH-08), Rodney Davis (IL-13), Scott DesJarlais (TN-04), Jeff Duncan (SC-03), Blake Farenthold (TX-27), Thomas Garrett (VA-05), Bob Gibbs (OH-07), Louie Gohmert (TX-01), Paul A. Gosar (AZ-04), Morgan Griffith (VA-09), Brett S. Guthrie (KY-02), Andy Harris (MD-01), Jody Hice (GA-10), Trey Hollingsworth (IN-09), Richard Hudson (NC-08), Randy Hultgren (IL-14), Darrell Issa (CA-49), Bill Johnson (OH-06), Jim Jordan (OH-04), David Joyce (OH-14), Mike Kelly (PA-03), Steve King (IA-04), Raul R. Labrador (ID-01), Doug Lamborn (CO-05), Robert E. Latta (OH-05), Barry Loudermilk (GA-11), Tom McClintock (CA-04), Mark Meadows (NC-11), Luke Messer (IN-06), Alex Mooney (WV-02), Dan Newhouse (WA-04), Kristi Noem (SD-01), Ralph Norman (SD-05), Steven Palazzo (MI-04), Gary Palmer (AL-06), Scott Perry (PA-04), Ted Poe (TX-02), Jim Renacci (OH-16), Phil Roe (TN-01), Dana Rohrabacher (CA-48), Francis Rooney (FL-19), Mark Sanford (SC-01), James F. Sensenbrenner (WI-05), Lloyd Smucker (PA-16), Claudia Tenney (NY-22), Mimi Walters (CA-45), Randy Weber (TX-14), Bruce Westerman (AR-04), Roger Williams (TX-25), Ted Yoho (FL-03), and Lee Zeldin (NY-01).
The full text of the letter can be found below.
The Honorable Devin Nunes
Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
HVC-304, The Capitol
Washington, D.C. 20515
Dear Chairman Nunes:
Thank you for your hard work as Chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI), and for making the recent four-page memo from HPSCI available to Members of Congress. After reading the document, we were shocked and frustrated, but it has deepened our belief in the vital importance of transparency.
This important memo will be of interest to anyone who cares about America and our democratic system of government. We are writing to request the immediate release of this document to the public, as well as any relevant ancillary information. The audience of this document should not be limited to Members of Congress the American people deserve to know the information it contains.
Thank you for your service and for your prompt attention to this request.
Member of Congress
It needs no debate.
So who would have to vote to release the memo? The HPSCI committee? The full Congress?
Kristinn Taylor @KristinnFR 2 hours ago
TRUMP ATTORNEY: We Are Hearing the FISA Abuse ‘Went Further Than Just Spying on Trump’s Campaign’
All 65 of them must be Russian bots. At least that’s what The Hill, Rolling Stone and NBC are telling us. /s
Might be easier and faster if POTUS can simply declassify it.
Good to see my guy on the list. RELEASE THE MEMO NOW!
1. At each step in the process you have to be prepared for the Alinsky-trained opposition to say: “prove it”!
2. One of the better known strategies by the Axelrod generation, when they know they have been caught on severely damaging information, is to bait their political opposition into going too far.
3. It is a psychological strategy that has proven highly effective for years, arguably for over a generation.
4. Find a public face of the issue that everyone will recognize. Find a location and venue that is familiar to everyone.... then seed bait.
5. Get the opponent to make a claim that is too far beyond currently known evidence. Then, very strategically, and very publicly call them out with a simple: “Prove It”.
6. As soon as that opponent cannot “prove” that specific claim, then all subsequent downstream claims are dismissed through the use of the previous public down-dressing.
7. David Axelrod or Lanny Davis (or their VJ crew) would like nothing more than to see a highly visible figure make a claim right now that President Obama instructed political surveillance upon Donald Trump through the FBI and DOJ.
8. Fellow travelers, those who know the effective use of the technique, are right now looking for that opportunity. They are looking for that person, that visible person, who is bold enough to make that claim publicly.
9. As soon as they identify their very public *mark*, they will subtly position a counter operative prepared, seemingly at a random moment, to deploy the “prove it”.
10. If they can bait a well known public official, or a generally well known representative of oppositional media, into that position -TALKING BEYOND PROVABLE EVIDENCE-... they will.
11. If they are successful at getting a public entity, visibly on record, publicly making an accusation they cannot yet immediately prove - Axelrod, Davis, Brock, then flood the media cycle with use of that single example to diminish all else.
12. That strategy works like a charm, every time. See: Fast-n-Furious, IRS targeting, Benghazi, Pay-to-Play, etc. etc. etc.
13. Additionally, the same use of NSA surveillance didn’t just start with Donald Trump. It’s been going on for a lot longer. Even the FISC publicly acknowledged a pattern period from 2012 through 2016 that was deeply concerning.
14. So before a *kitchen cabinet* of White Hat-minded swamp drainers could even begin to confront the corruption and conspiracy, they would first need to identify people within their own team who were likely compromised.
15. That unfortunate reality means some “ranking political members” are likely to work against the interests of exposing corruption. Some members are invested in long term UniParty indulgences. It is the way of the swamp.
16. Notice how the “Senate Intelligence Committee” is entirely cut out from the current swamp draining endeavor?
17. Notice how the “House Oversight Committee” is entirely cut out from the current plan to expose the FBI and DOJ corruption.?
18. There’s a reason for that.
19. “Begin, with the end in mind”...
20. Nunes - Swam21. Grassley - Swamp Draining via FBI and DOJ oversight and corruption (emphasis on FBI)
p Draining via FISA-702 Abuse.
22. Goodlatte - Swamp Draining via DOJ oversight - using DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz investigation.
23. Batting Order:
Lead-off hitter: Devin Nunes
Second: Chuck Grassley
Third: Bob Goodlatte
Clean-up: Michael Horowitz
The committee votes and then sends it to President trump. If he has no objections, 5 days later it gets released. If he does have objections, then the whole House would vote on it.
Where is Harold Watson “Trey” Gowdy III name?
There must be some error. /s
RELEASE THE MEMO ALREADY!!!
There should be over 400!
According to the MSM, all 65 of these lawmakers are Russian bots.
From what I understand a majority of the HPSCI must vote to release and then Trump must give the OK.
Hurray. Make it known.
“Where is Harold Watson Trey Gowdy III name?
There must be some error. /s”
for those of us outside the USA that are also members of Five Eyes, this is important for us as well.
The same data is collected on us, and the same sort of abuses are possible.
Obama spied on the GOP candidates and likely Supreme Court.
And who knows what else.
“Where is Harold Watson Trey Gowdy III name?
There must be some error. /s”
Hahahaha, you are right.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.