Skip to comments.Graham Rips 'Disgraceful' Practice of Separating Families at Border
Posted on 06/16/2018 11:41:00 AM PDT by Mariner
Evangelist Franklin Graham says the practice separating children from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border is "disgraceful.
But the North Carolina-based preacher isnt blaming the Trump administration and its zero-tolerance policy toward people who enter the United States illegally.
"I think it's disgraceful, it's terrible, to see families ripped apart, and I don't support that one bit, Graham, president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, said Wednesday in an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network.
"I blame the politicians for the last 20, 30 years that have allowed this to escalate to the point where it is today. We are a country of laws, laws need to be obeyed, no question about that.
"But the situation we have today is the result of our lawmakers in Washington over generations ignoring this, and Im hopeful that soon something can be done to fix it.
Grahams opinion came the same day as Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, called Trump's asylum rules "immoral."
In May, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced the nations intention to prosecute of adults separately from children when families seek asylum at the border. The children are placed in custody at a branch of the Health and Human Services Department while the adults are processed.
(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...
They would have opposed the US Air Campaigns in Europe and the Pacific in WWII too.
"The babies" and all...
Thankfully, hard and sane men will push them aside to preserve the nation and Western Civilization.
Linda, the Good Mother.
Then don’t come across illegally and you won’t be separated from your kid(s).
This is Franklin Graham, not Linda.
Hey Im not for separating them either..send them ALL back..see problem solved
Linda, the Good Mother.
Someone needs to point out to Rev. Graham that in many instances, these are not really “families” in the first place.
Is it “disgraceful” to separate kids from their criminal parents, Rev?
Is it ‘disgraceful” to support abortion at any stage yet cry false tears about this?
PHOTOS: Inside Shelter for Illegal Alien Children Separated from Parents...
Some 90% of the children at the shelter arrived at the border without adults; the other 10% were separated from the adults accompanying them. Once the children arrive usually brought by U.S. Border Patrol agents they are greeted in the intake office, where they receive any urgent medical care, are assigned a case worker, and are given food, a shower, and new clothing. They are also given toiletries and lessons in hygiene literally how to flush a toilet, brush their teeth, and operate the shower, which some of the children may have never seen in their lives.
If there are better answers, it’s likely Donald Trump will usher them in. If a luminary like Dr. Graham expresses concern, listen lest you find that you’ve swept Jesus aside too.
Oops! I’ll hear about that error!
Francine Graham (who I generally like) can shut up.
What is disgraceful.is luring them up here with the promise of free stuff if they vote democrat.
“Someone needs to point out to Rev. Graham that in many instances, these are not really families in the first place.”
He and other weak softies may care to observe that nuance.
I don’t. I don’t care whether they are intact families or not. They are not entitled to asylum in the US and are not entitled to a lifetime of welfare here.
I don’t care what happens to them. And neither do most Americans.
He’s watching a humanitarian crisis wothout taking sides except God’s.
Jump on the Virtue Signaling Train!
His father regretted getting involved in politics with Nixon.. Franklin had better learn the lessons of his father.
He didn’t need to get into this situation. The solution to this problem... DON’T COME ACROSS THE BORDER ILLEGALLY!!
The many “sins” that are committed and then expect no consequences... this teaches no one a thing!! There ARE consequences to everything.. and in these cases, they want someone else to suffer their consequences!
You come across that border, uninvited... and the consequences are less than I’d mete out.. if it were me, they’d go right back across where they came from and charge the Mexican gov for every one they send over that border! There’d be no place to keep them until court.. that is an invitation... they should go right back across.
It is always sad when the parents do something stupid and are separated from their children.
Who to blame? The parents.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.