The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people’s money. ~Thatcher..
As opposed to Bernie?
Medicare is not single-payer. With Medicare, you still have to pay for medical care
So people that paid into it for 20-30-40-50 years, should just ‘Share’ it with young people that never worked a day in their lives?
sure 70% selective polling - bet they can get even higher percent next poll.
Well, the Republican controlled Congress didn’t see fit to repeal 0bamacare (as promised multiple times).
It has long been accepted that the end result of the ACA is single payer since aca will collapse under its own weight eventually.
The RINOs now have an excuse to move to single payer like they wanted to all along. Funny how ‘the will of the people’ matters only if in line with what the elites want.
And the new universal Medicare cards will be delivered door to door by skittle-pooping unicorns. All paid for by “the rich” of course!
I understand the desire to not pay healthcare premiums. I pay a monthly premium for a plan that covers absolutely nothing unless it is is a catastrophic incident. I would like to not pay that, but I know that “free” healthcare is not the answer. There are many more ways to bring down the cost of health insurance, but Congress won’t do them because their donors and the gibsmedat army would revolt.
I have a poll which says 100% of people want something for free.
Seniors pay medicare taxes every year they earn a paycheck, even after age 65. So they at least pay into medicare for many years before receiving benefits.
Granting Medicare benefits to a 20-30-40-year old without having paid any Medicare taxes is of course what they wish, but who pays for it?
As everyone here knows Medicare is already going broke.
Yeah sure, let’s give Medicare to everyone and make it go broke immediately!
And where is the money that pays for all this? I know many do not believe this but there is no free lunch without some, maybe many, unintended financial consequences
I don’t believe that.
I wonder how the question on this push poll was phrased?
I expect a to more of these polls in the months to come. Oh what a shock that whatever crapola the democrats are pushing this week is miraculously supported by an overwhelming majority of Americans!!
Oh great. And Obamacare turned out so wonderfully. Lets give them another chance to really screw things up.
You would have thought that they would have lost all credibility because of the Obamacare screw up. But no, people are stupid!
Nobody polled me....nor any of my friends.
I wonder if that 70% will still want it when they find out they will be taxed at a much lower income and be in the 70% tax rate leaving them with just 30% of what their current income is.
Hmmm... doesn’t sound so great when it actually costs them money eh.
So they make under $20k a year now and don’t pay taxes. Next year with Medicare for all; their income will be the same but then they have to pay over half of that $20k in taxes leaving them $4k to live on all year long. Even with a sliding scale they will still lose money. The funds to pay for it has to come from somewhere. This will increase crime and getting paid under the table.
Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn’t be best to give them exactly what they ask for then listen to them cry like little babies when they find out what it costs THEM.
Change that question to: Do you want Medicare for all even if your Medicare deduction goes from 1% of your gross pay to 15% of your gross pay?
The Socialists have the upper hand.
I don’t believe it!
The GOP now owns “Obama Care” by design.