Skip to comments.Moment LAPD officers are chased off the block by youths with water guns after trying to enforce social distancing rules
Posted on 05/14/2020 8:00:17 AM PDT by artichokegrower
click here to read article
They didn’t shoot da yutes?
“Newsom extends lockdown in the hood”.
This incident shows some of the real-world problems with trying to enforce all these new rules. Do we really want our police to enforce social distancing?
If they were white, da yutes would have been tased, arrested, or maybe a few of them shot.
A couple of months ago I was outraged when young thugs in New York disrespected police officers by dumping a bucket of water on them. Now in this incident not so much
Cops are thinking, what's IN those? Urine? Ammonia? Bleach? Something worse?
Using the police for “social distancing” is bad because:
1. The police are armed with guns, pepper spray.
2. The police carry sticks and handcuffs.
3. The police are trained to subdue anyone who resists.
4. The criminal “Justice” system can deprive you of your liberty, property, reputation and life.
5. The police have a mind that is binary: either/or, yes/no. There are no subtle distinctions such as “This guy is no danger to me.” or “Walking 5.9 feet of another person is not a crime, even if the government says it is.”
6. Sending the police for walking too close implies not caring if a woman is being raped at that moment and there is no cop available.
I have little respect for elected officials who are enjoying their excursion into fascism.
Welcome to the Soviet United States.
First the tyrant undermines the majority with the help of must smaller factions, then achieves uncontested power, and finally gets the disenfranchised majority's grudging support by crushing the smaller factions.
This is beautiful. The Hood has more respect for freedom than the elites.
Any police department that directs its policemen to enforce social distancing rules should be ridiculed out of existence.
This is intrusiveness beyond anything East Germany ever tried - the fascists in our state and local governments are running amok and it’s starting to backfire.
and it is white privilege when a lower percentage of whites becomes sick.
“6. Sending the police for walking too close implies not caring if a woman is being raped at that moment and there is no cop available.”
Well, technically you can’t rape someone without also violating the social distancing rules, so they should care about that...
That's next, pending professional news crews...
This has NEVER been about YOUR health!
This has NEVER been about protecting the most vulnerable!
If the cops come back after sundown it won’t be water guns.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.