He was a faithful follower even though he wasn’t one of the ‘stars’.
Now you know. . . . .Just thought I would post
How the 12 Disciples Died
Simon Peter crucified upside down
Andrew-crucified (Peters brother)
John-exiled, died of old age (brother of James)
Matthew-speared to death
Bartholomew-beaten then crucified. (aka Nathanael)
Thomas-speared to death
Simon-crucified, the zealot
James-stoned to death
Thaddaeus-stoned to death (aka Judas son of James)
Judas Iscariot-suicide by hanging —> Matthias replaced Judas (Acts 1:26)
3) How close was Andrew to Jesus?
4) Why is it ironic that Andrew would be more distant?
5) What do the Gospels reveal to us about St. Andrew?
6) When else does Andrew come to the forefront?
7) Is there a third instance in which the Gospels reveal St. Andrews importance?
9) What happened to Andrew in later years?
10) How has the sisterhood of Rome and Constantinople manifested?
11) How did St. Andrew die?
Benedict XVI Lauds Ecumenical Progress - Greets Bartholomew I for Feast of St. Andrew
St. Andrew, the First Called
Pope calls St. Andrew a link to the Eastern Churches
Relic of St. Andrew Given to Greek Orthodox Church
Papal Message to Bartholomew I on Feast of St. Andrew
The Feast of Saint Andrew [November 30th]
St. Andrew Lighting the way for Advent
Orthodox Feast of +Andrew the First- Called Apostle, Nov. 30
Catholic leader calls for St Andrew's holiday [Scotland]
St Andrew, Apostle