Neither do the Scriptures address the point directly or make any scientific declaration.
Yes it does.
posted on 07/13/2018 9:43:45 AM PDT
(...the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light...)
posted on 07/13/2018 10:15:25 AM PDT
by Mrs. Don-o
(I'm here to learn.)
The only scripture I can recall is when Jesus states that. “I have sheep that are not of this fold.”
In my mind, without the benefit of having delved deeply into the original text, that could mean human believers that are not of the country or locale. It could mean heavenly beings like angels. It could even mean beings not from the Earth. Bottom line is, I readily admit that I do not know.
posted on 07/13/2018 10:22:06 AM PDT
(Unindicted co-conspirators: the Mainstream Media and the Democratic Party)
posted on 07/13/2018 11:26:44 AM PDT
To: DungeonMaster; Salvation; Mrs. Don-o
Scripture tells us:
- There are angels and demons that exist in a spiritual realm that we don't have the knowledge/science to detect or measure.
- There are living creatures described around the throne of God.
- Scripture implies that all of creation is about earth. The stars were hung after the creation of earth which contradicts scientific hypotheses and models about creation.
- Scripture also implies that the end of earth and creation is about earth. The heavens will be rolled up like a scroll. Earth will be burned by fire. There will be a new heaven and a new earth.
- The end of earth and the heavens appears directly related to earth history in prophetic scripture.
From this I conclude the following:
- God may have created life and even sentient life on other planets, but we just don't know.
- It's unlikely that such life exists because their universe appears destined for destruction along with earth's.
- However, God could guide their history to a logical wrapping up point that coincides with earth's.
- If such life exists, they may have a different scenario than earth regarding such matters as Free Will, sin, and salvation.
posted on 07/13/2018 12:12:09 PM PDT
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson