Skip to comments.Confusion (Biblical Reasons)
Posted on 08/11/2018 2:02:07 PM PDT by Sontagged
Bible Verses About Confusion
Being confused can be one of the worst feelings.
Are you struggling with confusion?
If you are, dont worry, because you are not alone.
I have struggled with this as well. The things that happen every day in our lives can be confusing. We all need direction, but as Christians we can rest assure that the Holy Spirit is living inside of us and He is able to guide us and keep our mind at ease.
25 Important Bible Verses About Confusion
Confusion and impotence are the inevitable results when the wisdom and resources of the world are substituted for the presence and power of the Spirit. Samuel Chadwick
Storms can bring fear, cloud judgment, and create confusion. Yet God promises that as you seek Him through prayer, He will give you wisdom to know how to proceed. The only way you will survive the storm will be on your knees. Paul Chappell He is not a God of confusion, of discordance, or accidental, random, private courses in the execution of His will, but of determinate, regulated, prescribed action. John Henry Newman
Satan is the author of confusion. He seeks to cause chaos, disorder, death, and destruction.
1. 1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
2. 1 Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
3. 2 Corinthians 2:11 in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.
Satan tries to confuse us when it comes to sin. He says one time wouldnt hurt. Youre saved by grace go ahead. God is OK with it.
He always seeks to attack the validity of Gods Word. He says, did God really say that you couldnt do it? We must resist by turning to the Lord.
4. James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
5. Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was the most cunning of all the wild animals that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, Did God really say, You cant eat from any tree in the garden?
Satan comes when you are down.
When you receive disappointment, when you are in some type of trial, when you sin, when youre struggling with a certain sin, these are times when Satan will rush in and say things like you are not right with God, God is mad at you, you are not really a Christian, God has forsaken you, dont go to God and keep on asking for forgiveness, your ministry is not important, its Gods fault blame Him, etc.
Satan will come in and make these lies, but remember Satan is a liar. He will do anything he can to make you doubt Gods love for you, His mercy, His grace, and His power.
God is with you. God says dont lean on your own understand which bring confusion, but instead trust in me. I got this. Even as I am writing this Satan seeks to bring confusion upon things in my life.
6. John 8:44 You are of your father the Devil, and you want to carry out your fathers desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of liars.
7. Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.
8. Luke 24:38 And he said to them, Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?
Satan will try to make you think that God is incapable of helping you in a particular situation. This situation is too hard for God. It is impossible for Him. Satan can lie all he wants because my God works in impossibility! He is faithful.
9. Jeremiah 32:27 I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?
10. Isaiah 49:14-16 But Zion said, The LORD has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me. Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.
The world is under the confusion of the devil.
11. 2 Corinthians 4:4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
Confusion brings fear.
Even if God has given you a personal promise that He will make a way for you, the devil will bring confusion. He will start making you think God didnt say He was going to provide for you. He is not going to make a way for you. Youre then going to say God, but I thought you said you will provide for me, what did I do?
Satan wants you to doubt, but you must trust in the Lord.
12. Matthew 8:25-26 The disciples went and woke him, saying, Lord, save us! Were going to drown! He replied, You of little faith, why are you so afraid? Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
13. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
14. 2 Corinthians 1:10 He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again.
Satan sends confusion when you seek to do Gods will.
Things that are clearly Gods will for you that God keeps on telling you to do in prayer becomes confusing. Things that should be so obvious to you Satan starts planting seeds of doubt and wonder. You start to think God I thought I have been doing what you want me to do Im so confused. This is a huge topic for me.
This has happened to me a lot for large and even small matters. For example, there have been times when I have been around others and I get a burden to help a homeless man I see and Satan says dont give to him, people are going to think youre doing it for show. What are people going to think, hes just going to use the money on drugs, etc. I have to fight against these confusing thoughts all the time.
15. 2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
Be careful how you live your life.
You can bring confusion to others by the way you live your life.
Dont become a stumbling block.
16. 1 Corinthians 10:31-32 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God.
Never trust in your heart, but instead trust in the Lord and His Word.
17. Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?
18. John 17:17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.
Satan tries to confuse Jesus.
19. Matthew 4:1-4 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. And after fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry.
And the tempter came and said to him, If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread. But he answered, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.
You might be feeling confused right now, but I want you to know that Jesus came to destroy confusion. We must rest upon Christ in confusing situations.
20. 1 John 3:8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
21. 2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
The Holy Spirit helps us overcome confusion. Pray to the Holy Spirit. Say, Holy Spirit help me. Listen to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to guide.
22. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
23. John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
There are many false teachers who do Satans dirty work and bring confusion and false teachings into the church. We must be careful because some false teachings might sound extremely close to the truth or have some truth within it. We must test the spirit with the Word of God.
24. 1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
We must pray for wisdom. Ask yourself are you praying for wisdom? There has never been a time when I asked for wisdom and God didnt give it to me. This is one prayer that God always answers. Pray for wisdom and pray for Gods will and God will let you know in a variety of different ways and you will know its Him.
25. James 1:5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
Bonus: Pray to the Lord and say God help my unbelief. I believe, but Satans confusion along with sin is affecting me.
Mark 9:24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, I believe; help my unbelief!
My take on the true meaning of "Confusion' in the word is that it is a fruit of doing things that are contrary to God.
In other words, if your sin separates you from the Lord, you will be "confused" as a consequence of reproachable behavior.
This explains a lot of Leftist and Elite Uniparty thinking, and why they have to monitor us all the time as barometers of clear thought and logic... they are too confused to know how to act except to react to God's precepts in rebellion.
“confusion” occurs 26 times in 25 verses in the KJV.
Lev 18:23 - Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman
stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
Lev 20:12 - And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they
have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
1Sa 20:30 - Then Saul’s anger was kindled against Jonathan, and he said unto him, Thou son of the
perverse rebellious woman, do not I know that thou hast chosen the son of Jesse to thine own
confusion, and unto the confusion of thy mother’s nakedness?
Ezr 9:7 - Since the days of our fathers have we been in a great trespass unto this day; and for our
iniquities have we, our kings, and our priests, been delivered into the hand of the kings of the lands,
to the sword, to captivity, and to a spoil, and to confusion of face, as it is this day.
Job 10:15 - If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I not lift up my head. I am full of
confusion; therefore see thou mine affliction;
Psa 35:4 - Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned
back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
Psa 35:26 - Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at mine hurt: let
them be clothed with shame and dishonour that magnify themselves against me.
Psa 44:15 - My confusion is continually before me, and the shame of my face hath covered me,
Psa 70:2 - Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned
backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt.
Psa 71:1 - In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.
Psa 109:29 - Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their
own confusion, as with a mantle.
Isa 24:10 - The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in.
Isa 30:3 - Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your shame, and the trust in the shadow of
Egypt your confusion.
Isa 34:11 - But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it; the owl also and the raven shall dwell
in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness.
Isa 41:29 - Behold, they are all vanity; their works are nothing: their molten images are wind and
Isa 45:16 - They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion
together that are makers of idols.
Isa 61:7 - For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion:
therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.
Jer 3:25 - We lie down in our shame, and our confusion covereth us: for we have sinned against
the LORD our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even unto this day, and have not obeyed the
voice of the LORD our God.
Jer 7:19 - Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the
confusion of their own faces?
Jer 20:11 - But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall
stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their
everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten.
Dan 9:7 - O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day;
to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that
are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that
they have trespassed against thee.
Dan 9:8 - O Lord, to us belongeth confusion of face, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers,
because we have sinned against thee.
Act 19:29 - And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus,
men of Macedonia, Paul’s companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre.
1Co 14:33 - For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Jas 3:16 - For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
It’s an interesting reading. And it all stems from “confusing” the right order of things, starting with the First Commandment to put God first in our hearts before anything else...
Judge me not ye saints
for my history may be tainted
But I’m sober enough to know blood when I see it
I’ve borne my share of stones
most of them easily thrown
But who’s to deny your water shed side leading me home?
What am I supposed to do about it now?
Past regrets and long laments, they find me somehow
O, what am I supposed to do about it now?
What have I to do but fall down?
Yes, and let’s not do what the extreme Charismatics do... they separate an unconscious or “spiritual” feeling from conscious understanding of our faith in our minds (which is the Biblical definition of our spirit),
and this conscious understanding of Him in our spirits is what allows us to properly articulate our faith... whereby others are saved.
It is by hearing the Word preached that we are saved, not a mystical feeling, as some charismatic extremists or NAR types, preach.
The world slams us for our faith and of course, intellectualism can never comprehend the Cross.
Yes, we are saved by the preaching of the Word of God, which brings us to The Father, through The Son, who is The Word. God embodies His Word.
John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Today it is "reasonable" to believe that a man can really be a woman or vice versa. We believe by taxing people we can have more money. We believe we can control the climate. There are a hundred more concepts that have become normalized in the last 20 years that are ridiculous on the face of it.
We are calling evil, good, and good evil. Abortion is not murder. Sodomy is normal. Children don't need parents.
The Truth is found in Scripture, but we refuse to even read it anymore. Is it ironic that where evolution is taught and Bible is forbidden, that's increasingly where terrible shootings are now occurring? I'm 67yo and only in the past 20 years or so do we see these mass shootings. If you were to read Romans 1 to a politician and suggest fixing all these problems by bringing prayer and Bible reading back to schools, they would laugh at you, but that's exactly what God said went wrong. It says they will suppress the truth.
If you explained to a person that they will die and go to hell if they don't do such and such, it seems a reasonable person would inquire as to what to do, but they would rather deny there is such a place. Even God said "Come let us reason together". He said I place before you life and death, blessing and cursing, but most people will cry out, I choose death and cursing". A verse or two later God even tells us to choose life, because He know we will choose death and cursing.
Yes, we have become insane and the only remedy is 2Chron 7:14. But what are the odds from insane people doing that?
It's hard to tell someone that evolution is false, but it's not me saying it, it's God saying it. If we can't believe Genesis 1, then why believe Jesus rose from the grave. Why believe in the virgin birth? Why believe Revelation and the Antichrist if you doubt Genesis? God even wrote in Exodus that because He created the world in 6 days, we are to rest on the 7th. It's not from me, but from God. Is God a liar? Did Jesus tell His disciples that we really came from apes or pond scum? Jesus never corrected the record about Genesis but He did quote from it. If you believe we evolved from nothing over billions of years, you are taking the word of an atheist over God and have made your decision on who to follow. Trying to be a lukewarm rider on the fence just gets you vomited out of God's mouth. In the world of God and His followers, you have become insane and confused.
It's hard to tell someone that evolution is false, but it's not me saying it, it's God saying it. If we can't believe Genesis 1, then why believe Jesus rose from the grave. Why believe in the virgin birth? Why believe Revelation and the Antichrist if you doubt Genesis? God even wrote in Exodus that because He created the world in 6 days, we are to rest on the 7th. It's not from me, but from God. Is God a liar? Did Jesus tell His disciples that we really came from apes or pond scum? Jesus never corrected the record about Genesis but He did quote from it.
If you believe we evolved from nothing over billions of years, you are taking the word of an atheist over God and have made your decision on who to follow. Trying to be a lukewarm rider on the fence just gets you vomited out of God's mouth. In the world of God and His followers, you have become insane and confused."
Excellent, TY and GBU... the older I get the dumber the evolutionists and other fake scientists become. God is God, He creates out of nothingness, He is beyond the ability of natural man to understand! Help us Lord in our understanding!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.