Since Aug 2, 2004
Professional career includes over 30 years as a programmer/analyst (mostly as a consultant) with a B.S. in Computer Technology from Purdue University. I was raised Catholic but accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior on my 18th birthday. I now attend a non-denominational Christian church. The more I learn, both general revelation and the Bible, the more I accept the inerrant Biblical Word of God.
******* "A fanatic is one who can not change his mind and will not change the subject." Winston Churchill *******
I've been a FreeRepublic lurker since inception in 1997. A good friend of mine [unitedwestand on FreeRepublic] often repeated the quote: "Common sense is not all that common anymore." unknown and also referred me to FreeRepublic about the same time I found WorldNetDaily. The 2 best news sites on or off the web imho.
Did you know the majority of medical schools no longer require doctors (M.D.) to take the Hippocratic Oath?
Did you know the majority of law schools also now teach that the separation of church and state originated in the U.S. Constitution?
Chiropractic - A Superior Alternative for Proactive Healthcare
I had been described as a type A personality, until 2004 when I started seeing a chiropractor. By far the best thing I've ever done for my health.
1) The brain, spine and nervous system form in the first 7 hours after conception.
2) There are three 63 degree opposing arches in a healthy spine when viewed from the side.
3) Subluxations in the spine [ vertabrae out of alignment ] are often the root cause of many health problems and several signs of aging.
4) Approx 80% of all babies are born with spinal subluxations AND it only gets worse as we age. The stress and trauma of child-birth can cause subluxations for both mother and child.
5) The 3T's of subluxation are traumas, toxins and thoughts. Most everyday stress is caused by internal factors, while traumas are normally the primary cause. Ongoing and persistent health problems often occur due to subluxations.
6) Most subluxations occur in the top 7 cervical vertabrae with the average human head weighing about the same as a bowling ball. Ever tried carrying a bowling ball around all day, not with your wrist underneath but with the ball 2-3 inches in front of your wrist? That's what it's like for your back with a forward-leaning posture (head in front of your shoulders when viewed from the side) and resulting in everyday stress.
7) The news media popularized the term 'quacks' when a chiropractor brought a lawsuit (Taylor vs AMA in 1971) against the American Medical Assn. Unfortunately, the MSM with it's stranglehold on information convinced the general population that chiropractors are 'quacks' in spite of Taylor winning the lawsuit!
For many years I prayed to God for strength overcoming anger, depression, and short-temper. Well-meaning friends and family offered advice, but only 2 answers became apparent.
From Pastor Dan paraphrased "Only God is righteously appointed to repay the rage and anger we display when wanting to avenge evil, and God also grants all true believers 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit with the seventh one being a much-needed gift all too often over-looked - self-control.
The other answer was chiropractic. After just the 1st adjustment the stress-relief alone confirmed I needed this all of my life. I highly recommend the book "Chicken Soup for the Chiropractic Soul" by Jack Canfield, but you'll probably need to buy online. Virtually no bookstore nor library I've encountered stocks it. It has many case studies that witness to the life-changing power of this procedure. Chiropractors follow the hypocratic oath of "First do no harm."
Two More Noteworthy Quotes
"While intelligent people can often simplify the complex, a fool is much more likely to complicate the simple." ~ Gerald W. Grumet [Sad to say this is what I see happening with the government, global-warming, theory of evolution, etc.- just keep adding more props, rules, time and complexity while spending exorbitant sums of money only to be told repeatedly "pay no heed to the man behind the curtain."]
"Ideals are like stars; you will not succeed in touching them with your hands. But like the seafaring man on the desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them you will reach your destiny." -- Carl Schurz (1829-1906) German-American political leader, journalist, and orator.
DNA - Simply Astounding Evidence for Our Creator God
The complexities encoded in DNA alone affirm a super-natural knowledge implanted in every living creature far superior to all of the computer code generated by mankind. Every living cell contains DNA, with only a few exceptions i.e. when red-blood cells shed their nucleus. Human DNA contains the estimated equivalence of 3 billion coded-letter sequences of A C T & G. If recorded in books, this code would form a stack of approx 4,000 average sized books, equal in height of the Washington Monument. While bacteria is approx 1/2 billion lines the paris japonis and marbled lungfish have 2 of the largest known DNA footprints, approx 50 time larger than human beings. It has been estimated that the number of messages communicated between the brain, spinal column, and nervous system numbers into the hundreds of trillions per second.
This awesome computer-like DNA code is:
1) distinctly crafted for reproducing each created kind,
2) self-correcting with a wide variety of healing processes,
3) a natural clock indicative of a young earth (see my links page),
4) highly-integrated, multi-faceted, inter-leaved, & redundant logic to minimize and/or eliminate copy errors,
5) unique for each kind and unique again amongst each copied kind due to gene selection/regression, variation, mutation, and adaptation,
6) pre-programmed with internal intelligence for maturation, survivability, & adaptability regarding most every environmental variation [consider the navigating abilities for migratory birds and insects, or the sonar abilities of dolphins],
7) AND on display with all lifeforms throughout all natural history [consider the complexities of all the inter and intra-dependent kinds and the many varied eco-systems supporting them] bearing witness to the awesome power of God!!!
How could all of this, taken collectively, not possibly bear witness to the logic-filled ~ Logos and the super-natural life-breathed ~ Rhema also described in the Bible? If/when the modern-day science 'experts' ever succeed in crafting their own 3 billion lines of code, how will they ever duplicate God's breath of life?
My 1st try at poetry, inspired by much improved health the easy way.
Honey makes the bitter sweet, never degrades in cold nor heat.
Builds immunity to cold, sinus and flu, yet truly only a little drop will do.
Manuka is the best because of tea trees, Yet healing abounds from things made by bees.
Try some bee pollen sometime too, it may make a better stronger you.
-Inspired by Dr. Seuss & Proverbs 25:16.
Did you know crystalized honey still good! Soak bottle in hot water or if not too squeamish microwave. Did you know they found some 2,000 year old honey that was found to have lost no nutritional value - if the story was truthful anyway? Recently I drank some tainted well water [not to be confused with artesian water - much deeper under ground]. Basically I think a case of diverticulitis - most common reason for long hospital stays - my sister once spent 2 weeks there and no way I could have afforded that!
I was googling through a painful sleepless night - thought maybe appendicitis but pain on left side not right. Before giving up or worse going to ER I checked everything I had in the kitchen, had bought some bee pollen years ago which I rarely used and wondered why I bought it. Googled its benefits, took some, pain began subsiding and made a rather quick recovery.
Top 11 Health Benefits of Bee Pollen https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/bee-pollen
If you know anyone struggling with health issues esp. allergies try this before you waste any money on the experts in medicine.
Parable on the 4 seeds & another haunts me for my many sins & loved ones - Matt 23:15
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.
Recently watched Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan - on Amazon for just under 2 dollars! - made me realize I need to read it too. Although a deep read, avg under 400 pages.
Matt 23:15 always bothered me, too legalistic & slow to come to a full repentance, to witness well for Christ.
Worse been praying for a lot of loved ones who appear lost or confused swayed by left & right extremists.
More background, my parents raised a large Catholic family of 7, but they also accepted Jesus when I was 13. After their true conversion they began witnessing and requiring us to read the Bible out loud together for 1 hr Sundays after church. A cousin, raised strict Lutheran like my Mom, also witnessed to me in my teens & later became a pastor and moved to MN. I accepted Jesus at 18 but fully admitted Gods ways are best at 58.
All that too say, never had a mentor other than Christ, fell away from church for 2 decades, kept reading Bible and growing in my faith but loads of regrets too. Divorced, 1 bio daughter estranged from me and her faith. 3 other boys all accepted Christ, oldest lost temporarily to suicide, other 2 struggling mightily. Parents got involved in PTL club then fell away, returned to strict Catholic. Fell deeply in love in college with a girl I never even kissed and now even an estranged friendship.
Last 2 decades reading FR, listening to John MacArthur and others on OnePlace.com have led me to full repentance and much better understanding of both politics & religion, but a huge burden of 40 years of regrets of trying to get it right. Seeing too many friends and family with fractured faith and beliefs. I think it could easily take another 4 decades or more to mend these many fences - advice and prayers ALWAYS welcomed.
Sorry so long - experience is the best teacher but tuition is hell to pay