Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Modesto Condit Freep Report 9/5/01
September 5, 2001

Posted on 09/05/2001 3:12:21 PM PDT by Diver Dave

With temperatures in the high 80's, 21 faithful protesters gathered outside the Modesto office of Congressman Gary Condit (D-CA). With posters and megaphones, the protesters demanded once again the resignation of the congressman from California's 18th District. The media chose to ignore today's protest, but the spirits of the protesters were not dampened. In fact, unlike previous Saturday protests, Condit's office was open today with staff visible through the tinted glass office windows. A Modesto police officer responded to a call from the Condit office staff members, who complained that the protesters were being too loud with their shouts and singing. Passing motorists honked their horns to echo their support. Pedestrians were given plenty of room to pass on the sidewalk but some chose instead to walk in the street rather than walk the gauntlet of signs and voices.

TOPICS: Activism/Chapters; Breaking News; Free Republic
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-48 next last
Saundra Duffy will be able to present the information from the Modesto Police officer. The "cops cheer" echoed through the streets along with "Bad Boy Bad Boy," "Na Na Na Na," and many other cheers and jeers.

Freeper roll call:

Saundra Duffy
Ontherightside
SiFiPattie with Dad, Mom, Friend Chris, and Opie
I_want_gary_condit_out's mom
Diver Dave

Also present were many familiar faces from the community who freep with us regularly, and the 5 kids who were with us on Saturday returned with their mom and friends. We did manage to yell "Fire the Liar" whenever the office door was opened.

We are looking forward to reports from Washington DC and a few Congressional district offices throughout the country where freepers protested their congress-critter. Please add your reports to this post, or provide a link to your reports.

Another opportunity to Freep the Creep this Saturday, Sept. 8, 2001 High Noon, 920 16th St. Modesto, CA

1 posted on 09/05/2001 3:12:21 PM PDT by Diver Dave
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Diver Dave
It was fun shouting at them, while they were inside. Hell yea!. See you Saturday.
2 posted on 09/05/2001 3:20:36 PM PDT by ontherightside (In thier face)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

I believe that the FReeps you guys and gals have been conducting are responsible for turning the tide against this liar.

When you began no one would have believed how total the change of opinion by the public would be against this pitiful excuse of a man. You started the ball rolling. Good JOB!

3 posted on 09/05/2001 3:30:26 PM PDT by IVote2

To: IVote2, Modesto FReepers
I'll second that! Keep up the good work!
4 posted on 09/05/2001 3:36:21 PM PDT by March I up
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Most excellent, DiverDave and crew ... did my Pennsylvania FReep thing with an e-mail to my Congressman (D), followed up today with phone calls to House Minority What's His Name (D) and my Congressman (D). How do we FReep thee? Let me count the ways ...
5 posted on 09/05/2001 3:41:42 PM PDT by Pegita

Good job and thanks.
6 posted on 09/05/2001 3:41:48 PM PDT by blam

You guys sang, "Whatcha Gonna Do?"

Hilarious, LOL!

7 posted on 09/05/2001 3:43:30 PM PDT by Oschisms

To: Diver Dave,Modesto FReepers
God Bless all of you for standing up for our great nation!

Thank you all!
8 posted on 09/05/2001 3:52:07 PM PDT by 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub

Great Going you all.

What you think about calling your County Republican Party and get them and the Republican clubs involved in helping you freep each Saturday.

9 posted on 09/05/2001 3:52:47 PM PDT by Gracey

"The media chose to ignore today's protest"

Fox News has been busy with more important things.
FOX NEWS OWNER RUPERT MURDOCH SET FOR CHINA TV CLEARANCE;
MUST ENSURE COMMUNIST CHANNEL WIDELY AVAILABLE IN USA!

10 posted on 09/05/2001 3:53:23 PM PDT by 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub

To: Gracey
I've seen the Chairman of the County Republican Party at 2 protests since the first one on July 17th. At that one, he was just an observer. A few weeks ago, he did come out and carry a sign with us for about an hour.
11 posted on 09/05/2001 3:56:21 PM PDT by Diver Dave
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Way cool! Great job, CA FReepers!
12 posted on 09/05/2001 4:12:20 PM PDT by NotJustAnotherPrettyFace
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Great job, again, California FReepers! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
13 posted on 09/05/2001 4:12:59 PM PDT by newslady

Yahoo! The rally was GREAT! We got to vent our outrage for the benefit of condidit's pathetic brain-dead brain-washed staff (whose salaries we pay)! They called the police who threatened us with arrest if we did not cease and desist from using our Radio Shack megaphones. Good grief! What a bunch of whooses (sp?)! Anyway, we talked our way out of it and the policeman went to lunch and our loud freeping continued. That staff went on international TV (Larry King Live) for an hour and yet they resented us exercising our 1st Amendment privileges. More to follow . . . For victory & freedom!!!
14 posted on 09/05/2001 4:14:30 PM PDT by Saundra Duffy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

I wish you guys could have been there to see this little kid (about age 8) take over the megaphone: He went after pedestrians with a vengeance. It was quite miraculous! A major FReeper in the making! Chris (who is blind and who has been attending Saturday FReeps) has written some songs/chants and he was GREAT beyond belief! Though there was no media in attendance at the rally itself, I did get interviewed by KMJ radio out of Fresno afterwards. My sign had the three "no evil monkeys" (hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil) and I made fun of the 3 staff who were on Larry King Live - Maggie, Lisa and Pat. They had to see their names on my sign! It was great!! "Condit's Clueless Staff!" For victory & freedom!!!
15 posted on 09/05/2001 4:20:02 PM PDT by Saundra Duffy

The Growing Prevalence of Monstrous Evil</font size>

16 posted on 09/05/2001 4:32:00 PM PDT by ppaul

To: Diver Dave, SiFiPattie, Saundra Duffy, ontherightside, I_want_gary_condit_out
Sounds like a great FReep and I sure wish that I could have been there! See you Saturday, same time, same place.

It is time.....for the swine......to resign! (just keeping in practice)

17 posted on 09/05/2001 4:35:53 PM PDT by mtngrl@vrwc

To: Saundra Duffy; Diver Dave; Angelwood
GREAT, so glad you had a good FReep, and a good turnout.

The couple of folks who had promised to assist me somehow did not show up, so I was the Lone Ranger on the deal.

I arrived at my congress-person's office a little before High Noon. I arranged my posters (FOR HONOR, FOR INTEGRITY) and (KICK OUT CONDIT), gathered my nerve, then went inside the office.

The staff person, Jim, was polite and wrote down my request--GARY CONDIT OUT. I explained that I really was serious about my request, and planned on standing on the public sidewalk in front of the office and would be exercising my first ammendment rights with a couple of posters.

The accupants of the cars and trucks who read the signs--smiled and waved. After an hour in the hot sun, I went inside and sang the BYE, BYE, GARY CONDIT, GOODBYE song (tune of American Pie, thanks Charlie). This ended the lonely protest. (Oh, Jim liked the song so much, he got a copy to fax to Washington!!)

Gotta go, will be back on later tonight. Thanks, everyone.

18 posted on 09/05/2001 4:36:48 PM PDT by YepYep
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Fabulous Freep. Great choices of songs and chants. Power to the Freepers!
19 posted on 09/05/2001 4:39:59 PM PDT by Marylander

To: All
I just watched a news conference with Dick Gephardt. he stated that he needs to meet with the caucus to decide what to do with their albatross.

It is now time to flood the Minority Leader with e-mail, fax, and letters reminding him that they are representatives of The People and The People demand Condit's removal from the Intelligence Committee and expulsion from the House of Representatives. Gary Condit no longer represents the good people of the 18th District of California. He represents only himself, his disfunctional family and office staff.

Grab your pens and paper, man your keyboards, and lets get this job done for US, THE PEOPLE.

Send another message to your representative and the Speaker of the House.

We pay these people's salaries and perks. Demand Honesty and Integrity from your elected official. WE deserve nothing less.

20 posted on 09/05/2001 4:40:51 PM PDT by Diver Dave

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-48 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson