Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

DON'T CALL MY PRESIDENT A WIMP!
13 September 2001 | PhiKapMom

Posted on 09/13/2001 6:54:09 PM PDT by PhiKapMom

DON'T CALL MY PRESIDENT A WIMP!

I thought about a lot of titles for this editorial, but this one sent to me by to Ron C. fits what I am about to say!

During the hours following the terrorist attack on the United States of America and even today, some freepers have joined with members of the media in either outright calling the President a "wimp" or inferring he is one. And they haven't stopped there -- he has been thoroughly trashed on here by some folks, attacked by Larry Klayman, and that doesn't even take into account the likes of Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, and Tim Russert to name a few of the press that want clinton back!

I am here to tell those folks that I have had it! Whether you like it or not President George W. Bush is the President of the United States of America and thus our Commander-in-Chief. Your continual trashing of this honorable man because you think you are being funny or any other reason is giving aid and comfort to the enemies of this country. I find all of the derogatory comments that somehow he was a "wimp" for not coming back to D.C. immediately or other names he has been called despicable.

This morning when the post from Newsmax about an interview with Karl Rove was put up, a freeper referred to it as spin. I am here to tell everyone that Karl Rove does not spin -- he tells it like it is. The White House is not releasing the full details of the threat. That wasn't good enough for some of you so you are now joining the White House press corps in their snide remarks and stupid questions of wanting to know everything about the threat and frankly it is "NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!"

You arm chair quarterbacks like to criticize, but how would you like to be 30,000 feet in the air knowing you are a flying target, look out on each wing to see F-16's flying with Air Force One, and know you cannot return immediately to D.C. to your home and your wife because your safety is the most important thing to this Country. Well that is what happened to President Bush! A real threat, not imagined, was given and the USSS took over. They wanted Pres Bush to stay at Omaha overnight but he overruled them and returned at his own risk to D.C. which sure doesn't sound like a wimp to me! You can talk pretty big when you are not the one in danger with a bullseye on your chest!

President Bush is a fighter pilot who went through the same training to fly fighter planes that every Air Force pilot goes through whether you are Regular, Reserve or ANG. No wimp completes that training. Everytime you take off in a fighter, you never know what could go wrong and you may not come back alive! I have a lot of friends in the Air Force who fly and they all to a person have tremendous respect for this Commander-in-Chief which is something that seems to be lacking on here by some folks!

This editorial isn't about his policy on some domestic issue that you may disagree with, this is about supporting our Commander-in-Chief, President George W. Bush, in a time of war which is exactly what we are facing. We have been attacked and yet here on this site, in some of the news media, and by Judicial Watch, our President is being attacked because some don't like him, some don't like his domestic policies, some want clinton back, and some just want to disrupt from the RATS or just to make a joke.

To those people that continue to trash MY President and call him names, let me remind you that he is also YOUR President whether you like it or not! This isn't some bombing of a pill factory -- this is WAR! Either get with a lot of us Freepers in supporting President Bush or to follow the old saying -- if you can't say something nice about someone -- say nothing at all. I am asking all of you that have been trashing the President to not give aid and comfort to the enemies of freedom that are on here seeing what Americans think.

Please join with me in letting disruptors and those people that are trashing President Bush on here know that we will no longer tolerate having our President called names and having erroneous information posted about him during this time of WAR! I, for one, will defend him at every opportunity from this day forward! No more sitting back and not answering because I don't want to get someone mad. Those days are over.

I am proud to call George W. Bush My President and he is certainly no WIMP!

TOPICS: Editorial; Front Page News; Your Opinion/Questions
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 201-216 next last
I will no longer consider someone my friend that makes rude and derogatory comments about President Bush. Disagree with his policy but don't you dare disagree with the what is in the heart of this Christian man! He speaks from the heart and if you don't like the way he talks then you are the one with the problem not him.
1 posted on 09/13/2001 6:54:09 PM PDT by PhiKapMom (skcalien@aol.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Ron C., JohnHuang2
Here it is!
2 posted on 09/13/2001 6:57:33 PM PDT by PhiKapMom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: PhiKapMom
Bravo!!!
3 posted on 09/13/2001 7:03:12 PM PDT by gov_bean_ counter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: Brandonmark
Bump!
4 posted on 09/13/2001 7:06:45 PM PDT by PhiKapMom

I've been arguing the liberals on the Yahoo boards about this same subject. You wouldn't expect the same crap from Freepers!
5 posted on 09/13/2001 7:07:56 PM PDT by Alissa

Amen! 100% Standing on my feet applauding dittos!
10 posted on 09/13/2001 7:25:59 PM PDT by Freedom'sWorthIt

To: PhiKapMom, Jim Robinson, John Robinson, BADJOE, RJayneJ, Commonsense, connectthedots
Bravo! Bravo indeed, PKM.

The sad story is that if the top leaders of the Democratic party could stand on TV today and say that there was "no air, no space" between them and the President of this nation - that they stood "shoulder to shoulder" with him - and "firmly behind" him, I would think that those who claim to be ‘conservative' could do no less. One would expect they would do better.

The enemies of this nation, and conservative ideals, indeed take comfort - and gloat when they can see, and report, the kind of backbiting (forbidden by God) found on this site in the past two days. I am a Christian - and I believe that as such I have a duty to forgive, "as I would be forgiven." Yet, I see others here who claim the faith - and can not, or will not forgive.

Something is radically wrong here. Hatred is not something we should be seeing on this site. It is sickening and it flies in the face of the foundational tenets of conservatism itself.

I pray that we can - and will, examine ourselves as if standing before our God. What would he say to us? I fear not, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

11 posted on 09/13/2001 7:27:40 PM PDT by Ron C.

The nimrods who are criticizing President Bush for not returning to Washington D.C. when there was a specific threat against the White House and Air Force One don't really deserve a response.

But for the benefit of others, let me paint the big picture for you. There is more than just the president on Air Force One. There are well over a hundred others on any given Air Force One as well often including the president's closest advisors. In addition, Air Force One is virtually a flying White House crammed with electronics gear. It is virtually irreplaceable and it costed taxpayers many millions of dollars. For a president to recklessly put all these people and this very expensive airplane in danger just for a little PR is inexcusable. The President did right to keep this plane and it's occupants out of harms way.

I have nothing but contempt for those who maintain it was a cowardly act to keep this plane away from Washington until the threat was over. Were the people fleeing the burning WTC towers that day cowards as well? I wonder if those criticizing Bush would have climbed into those burning towers to show the rest of us how brave they were?

The comparison some are making with Guiliani are baseless as well. Guiliani is the mayor of the city of New York. Of course he should be on the scene. Bush is the president of the United States. His duty is not to do photo-ops at the rescue scene in New York (as Clinton would obviously have done). Bush's duty as commander-in-chief is to gather information and plan a military response to this terrorist act. And this is exactly what he is doing.

No, President Bush is not like Clinton. He's not out there doing a half-dozen press conferences a day, he's not hanging out at the rescue scenes shedding crocodile tears for the cameras and hugging everybody in sight for effect (and maybe copping a feel in the process). This president is serious about his responsibilities to this country and he is carrying out his presidential duties. Unfortunately, this means a lot of hours behind closed doors where sensitive top-secret information is being discussed which makes it easy for his political opponents to claim that he is hiding.

This is nothing short of contemptible. While thousands of Americans are dead or dying under the rubble, Bush's opponents are trying to make political hay out of the situation. Sickening.

12 posted on 09/13/2001 8:03:09 PM PDT by SamAdams76

bump back up
13 posted on 09/13/2001 8:04:15 PM PDT by deport
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Comment #14 Removed by Moderator

To: PhiKapMom, All Bush Babes and Bucks
Go got em PhiKapMom!!!

BUMP!

15 posted on 09/13/2001 8:06:45 PM PDT by rintense

Exactly right. This is a man who has been chosen for this time. He didn't ask for this crisis; I am sure he would have rather fought about more tax cuts or the education bill.

Wolfowitz said tonight that sometimes one generation is called to make great sacrifices for the benefit of future generations. We have been called to this task.

I proudly stand behind the President, who is a far braver person than I could ever hope to be.

God bless George W. Bush, and God bless the United States of America.

16 posted on 09/13/2001 8:06:49 PM PDT by Miss Marple
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Sign me up! Well said and needs repeatin'.

A simple thread commenting on the grace of Laura Bush today drew this response:

"Real class?"

What meds are you on?

Yeah, I'm real touched. She strains for self control on the deaths of adults but when it comes to TOTALLY, INNOCENT, DEFENSELESS, babies - well that's okay if we murder them. That needs to remain a "choice".

No, I'm not impressed by this disturbed woman. She is a hypocrite and a disgrace to ALL women Ragtime. I also don't think much of you.

Please feel free to respond here. Hugs and thanks.
17 posted on 09/13/2001 8:06:50 PM PDT by Ragtime Cowgirl

I could not agree with you more!
Listen and you will hear me cheering your post!
18 posted on 09/13/2001 8:07:04 PM PDT by ladyinred

Dittos
19 posted on 09/13/2001 8:07:16 PM PDT by woofie

To: PhiKapMom,To All
Now is the time for ALL TRUE Americans to UNITE and stand behind President Bush!
Any political differences should be put aside during this time of America's darkest hours.

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL

God Bless America!
V is for VICTORY!
What We as Americans Can Do
1) Pray
2) Check the Red Cross website for what supplies are needed.
3) Fly the American Flag!
4) Be prepared to make some sacrifices BUT continue to live your everyday life.
DO NOT LET TERRORISTS THINK THEY HAVE CHANGED OUR LIVES!
5) Support our military and law enforcement.

NEVER talk to ANYONE about
(in public, on a phone line, in an e-mail, in a chat room,
on an internet instant messenger or post on any forum)
1) military troop movement, military weapons, military operations, military supplies
2) current law enforcement investigations
3) locations of any members of the administration, Congress or their families.

Call the FBI Toll Free at 1-866-483-5137
if you see or hear anything that threatens our national security.

OUR ENEMIES MONITOR ALL COMMUNICATIONS,
INCLUDING FREE REPUBLIC

LOOSE LIPS SINKS SHIPS!
20 posted on 09/13/2001 8:08:01 PM PDT by 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub (LOOSE LIPS SINKS SHIPS!)

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-80 ... 201-216 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson