Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Clinton's role in 9-11-01<> All the facts please!

Posted on 09/14/2001 7:03:00 AM PDT by Mr.E

I have read some smattering of information of the Clinton Administration's role in the final result that occurred on 9-11-01.

What we need to have is a thread with all the FACTS all in one place.

What happened in those eight years? Or what didn't?

This will paint a complete picture of Clintons role in the WTC's elimination.

Thank you for your efforts.

TOPICS: News/Current Events; Your Opinion/Questions
KEYWORDS:
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-28 next last

1 posted on 09/14/2001 7:03:00 AM PDT by Mr.E
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Mr.E
I may have the sequence wrong, but I don't think so. This is something that has gnawed at me all week whenever we heard about clinton's desire to take out bin Laden.

He ostensibly sent in cruise missiles to Afghanistan and the Sudan in response to embassy bombings. Isn't it true that the real reason for this was to take the nation's mind off of a certain blue dress?

Over eight years whenever it came up in polite conversation, a nobody in Minneapolis suggested that having spoiled children in charge of a nation was going to produce damage that it would take years for adults to clean up, when adults were finally called upon once again to do so.

2 posted on 09/14/2001 7:10:50 AM PDT by stevem (semalone@worldnet.att.net)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: stevem
Thanks and a Bump
3 posted on 09/14/2001 7:21:14 AM PDT by Mr.E
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: stevem
Clinton was in Austrailia on 9/11/01. Now he is back in the US, looking for photo-ops. If all flights were stopped, how did he get back so easily and quickly? As far as I know, Gore is still stuck in Austria........
4 posted on 09/14/2001 7:24:21 AM PDT by cahergowan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: cahergowan
clinton stated on tv that the President kindly furnished him with a military plane to get back here on.
5 posted on 09/14/2001 7:27:39 AM PDT by augray
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

For starters:

CIA Officials Reveal What Went Wrong – Clinton to Blame

When you have hours to dig around? Here:

-FR's Alamo-Girl Archives--

6 posted on 09/14/2001 7:28:30 AM PDT by backhoe

To: augray
Hope he flew all the way back from Australia in the back of a C-130 that only had cargo seats.
7 posted on 09/14/2001 7:31:41 AM PDT by Robert Lomax
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: Robert Lomax
He claimed in a TV street interview that he had TRIPLED the funds for intelligence/counter terrorism. Is this true? I would really like to know the facts.
8 posted on 09/14/2001 7:37:39 AM PDT by Carolinamom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Carolinamom
He claimed in a TV street interview that he had TRIPLED the funds for intelligence/counter terrorism. Is this true?

Don't know, but the rule of thumb is that if Clinton says something, it can't be true..

9 posted on 09/14/2001 7:41:56 AM PDT by bjs1779
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: backhoe
Please, also consider that investigators have long believed--with a great deal of credible evidence--that there was a Middle Eastern connection with the OKC bombing, which occurred under Clinton's watch. At the time, the Clinton/Reno justice deptartment wanted to put a white militia face on the crime, and flat out refused to investigate the many other John Does (as many as a dozen that we know of). Terry Nichols was known to have visited the Philippines on several occasions, and was believed to have visited with M.E. terrorists there, connected of course to Osama bin Laden.

This evidence was not only withheld from the public, but some of it continues to be sealed under Judge Matche's orders. Now, we wonder if some of the same names OKC bombing investigators were seeing will be turning up again. Why weren't these people stopped in 1995? Could it have been because Clinton wanted to cripple the conservatives in the U.S.? Did Tuesday happen because Clinton cared more about his political future than he did about the people of this country?

A very good article that fills in a lot of the blanks on this story can be found here. Other equally timely articles are available by searching the archives by typing "by: OKCSumbariner" in the search box.

10 posted on 09/14/2001 7:44:58 AM PDT by MizSterious
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: Carolinamom, OKCSubmariner, thinden, BlueDogDemo, honway, LSJohn, Fred Mertz, rdavis84
I think he tripled the funds to spy on his own citizens, especially if they happened to be conservatives. That was his primary goal--to cripple his opposition and make his own party stronger.
11 posted on 09/14/2001 7:47:44 AM PDT by MizSterious

Clinton was in Austrailia on 9/11/01. Now he is back in the US, looking for photo-ops. If all flights were stopped, how did he get back so easily and quickly? As far as I know, Gore is still stuck in Austria........

I hope Bush brought him back.

The last thing we need right now is Bill Clinton, martyr.

12 posted on 09/14/2001 7:49:39 AM PDT by Tazlo

Bush provided military transport to Clinton. All living Presidents, except Reagan, will be at the memorial service today in NYC.
13 posted on 09/14/2001 7:50:33 AM PDT by Peach

Oct. 30, 1999
"unconscionable" 36 percent reduction by Congress in the budget of the U.S. counterterrorism office.

http://www.apbnews.com/cjprofessionals/behindthebadge/1999/10/30/terror1030_01.html

'Torricelli Principle' ties CIA agents' hands

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3ba12e80303f.htm

14 posted on 09/14/2001 7:59:56 AM PDT by Suck My AR-16

1) Upon taking office Clinton pretty much disbanded with security checks for incoming personnel by giving hundreds of people permenant "temporary passes". After a year there were still over 300. This prompted the House Commitee on Intelligence to threaten the FBI director to get him to ensure the security of documents inthe White House (it is one of his duties) in late 1993, or early 1994. A copy of the letter was published by the WSJ (I don't have access to their archives).

2) Clintons senior people gave waivers for background investigations and access to CIA documents to fundraisers that were installed in administration positions.

3) Clinton squashed security procedures to allow himself easier access to interns (This was my original concern when the Lewinsky story broke).

4) Clinton banned the CIA from using as informants anyone associated with human rights abuses or terrorism, and banned the recruitment of Chinese below the senior embassy official level.

5) Clinton, upon taking office, immediately diverted much of the intelligence budget to domestic surveillance. This accelerated after the OKC bombing.

6) Clinton appointed, and left in place, people such as Hazel O'Leary who went on a declassification binge of technical documents. There are quotes suggesting that she was trying to declassify as much as she could before she was stopped.

7) Clinton appointed people like Deutch who showed no particular interest in actual security, bringing to his home , long-term connecting to the internet, and giving access to uncleared people a laptop with classified work materials on it.

8) Repeatedly interfering with espionage cases that involved campaign contributors.

9) Haphazard opportunistic foreign policy, where foreign policy was conducted primarily for his own benefit, not the nations' or even his own partys'.

10) Bombing Iraqi intelligence in the middle of the night so as to have least possible impact in response to attempts on President Bush's life.

11) Using attacks to distract from personal political troubles.

12) Setting up campaigns which used up immense resources, to prosecute incited (Appendix B) wars, in a manner that was ineffective and demonstrated an exceptionally weak stomach for tolerance of casualties.

13) Encouraged policies which encouraged groups like the Palestinians to act falsely, thereby raising tensions on both sides, and reducing the chance of a stable peace.

There's more, give me a while.

BTW, anyone know what our cruise missile stocks are now? Actual production should have begun, yes?

15 posted on 09/14/2001 8:06:22 AM PDT by lepton

WASHINGTON (AP) Al Gore spent the night at former President Clinton's New York home and was traveling with his former boss to Washington, setting aside their political hard feelings to attend national prayer services.

The former vice president arrived in Buffalo, N.Y., from Europe on Thursday and called Clinton to discuss Tuesday's terrorist attacks. The president invited Gore to spend the night at his Chappaqua, N.Y., home.

Clinton also invited Gore to fly with him to Washington aboard an Air Force plane provided by the Bush administration to attend services in memory of victims of the terrorist attack.

Former Presidents Bush, Ford and Carter also were provided planes for the service.

Gore shut Clinton out of his presidential campaign last year, fearing his boss' sexual affair and impeachment trial would hurt his own election chances. Clinton felt slighted by the action.

Gore spent last night at Clinton's Chappaqua home, will travel together today to prayer service...

By Associated Press, 9/14/2001 10:40

16 posted on 09/14/2001 8:08:39 AM PDT by Geronimo

He claimed in a TV street interview that he had TRIPLED the funds for intelligence/counter terrorism. Is this true? I would really like to know the facts.

I know that in GHWBush's last intelligence budget there was 18 Billion allocated. Clinton campaigned on cutting that, saying it was unneeded after the Cold War had ended, but once in office, increased that to 25 Billion - all of the increase and a big chunk of the foreign was transferred to domestic surveillance. As a result, we had entire areas of the world that we no longer monitored in any substantial way by other than haphazard ELINT.

17 posted on 09/14/2001 8:17:00 AM PDT by lepton

To: lepton
Thanks. As usual Clinton left out a lot in his interview. The "Triple" part is erroneous also if I know my math. He should be tried for treason with all he has done to cripple our nation. Instead, he has a coterie of simpering sycophants, goes on a hunt for personal money, and romps like a rock star all over the world. He is so disgusting, a travesty of a human being.
18 posted on 09/14/2001 8:25:58 AM PDT by Carolinamom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

Thats It??? I expected more but I guess....
19 posted on 09/14/2001 8:48:35 AM PDT by Mr.E

Note that the figure i gave was in his 1993 budget. I don't know the actual figures since then.
20 posted on 09/14/2001 9:29:53 AM PDT by lepton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-28 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson