Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Blame America First Club gears up
Jewish World Review ^ | September 20, 2001 | Don Feder

Posted on 09/20/2001 3:43:50 AM PDT by UbIwerks

AMERICA'S survival is threatened by a fundamentalist cult -- not the nutcases who sacrifice themselves flying planes into buildings, but another gang of fanatics who are bent on suicide and determined to take the rest of us with them.

Instead of quoting the Koran, they recycle Vietnam-era anti-war slogans.

Liberalism's collective wisdom on last week's horror consists of pacifism, obsessive whining about nonexistent threats to civil liberties, explaining the root causes of terrorism, blaming America first and blaming Israel second.

Pacifism -- Here's a comforting thought: The American Friends Service Committee vows to "educate about finding peaceful solutions in the face of these terrible acts of anger and hatred."

I'd love to hear their peaceful solution to Osama bin Laden's boys -- drop Woodstock videos over his Afghan bases, teach terrorists to sing old Joan Baez protest songs?

Civil liberties scare tactics -- People for the American Way warns against "pundits and political leaders" who suggest "the fight against terrorism requires us to sacrifice constitutional liberties."

Who are these would-be tyrants preparing to puree the Bill of Rights? No one in a leadership position has suggested curtailing anyone's legitimate privacy rights. Attorney General John Ashcroft's request for wiretap authority in cases of suspected terrorism is no threat to civil liberties.

Conspiracy theorists believe the FBI and CIA are automatically suspect, that any type of surveillance of political or religious fanatics presages the advent of a police state. In their paranoia, they would sacrifice innocence rather than let security agencies do their job.

Explaining root causes -- The Institute for Public Accuracy, a lefty group that pesters the media with its experts, offers the keen analysis of "Rabbi" Arthur Waskow (of the deconstructionist branch of Judaism). Waskow explains that the "rage" which begets terrorist acts "must be calmed" and "the pain behind them must be heard and addressed." Let the healing begin -- after the cruise missiles strike.

Michael Lerner, editor of Tikkun Magazine and once Sen. Hillary Clinton's guru, says we need to ask, "What is it in the way we are living, organizing our societies and treating each other that makes violence seem so plausible to so many people?" It's all our fault.

Among the sources of angst Lerner identifies are "one out of every three people on this planet does not have enough food" and "globalization with its attendant inequalities of wealth." Like bin Laden, who comes from a super-rich Saudi family, ever went hungry. For the left, evil is invariably reduced to socio-economic conditions.

Blame America First -- Writing in The Nation, Robert Fisk finds the roots of the crisis in "U.S. missiles smashing into Palestinian homes." Lerner castigates Americans for not feeling "personally responsible when an American corporation runs a sweatshop in the Philippines or crushes efforts of workers to organize in Singapore." Yes, indeed. As the planes they hijacked slammed into the World Trade Center, the terrorists were chanting: "No more sweatshops. Take that, Kathy Lee Gifford!"

On the left, hatred of America is so ingrained that with thousands of Americans buried beneath tons of rubble, liberals' gut reaction is to censure our society for the alleged sins of multinationals and not having a foreign policy shaped by Ralph Nader. Blame Israel Second -- Fisk tells us none of this would have happened if not for "the 34 years of Israel's brutal occupation of Arab land." How can a nation "occupy" its own territory? There has never been a sovereign state on the West Bank.

As Israel must be condemned, the Palestinians must be absolved. Fisk claims that Palestinian celebration of the New York death toll is "a symbol of their despair, as well as a sign of their political immaturity." No, it's a sign of the celebrants' utter depravity. Give these swine their own state, and, in no time at all, we'll have another Afghanistan on our hands.

A nation that will not fight back in the face of evil seals its fate. Those who twist logic to find excuses for terrorists or their supporters have lost a survival instinct. Liberalism, as it's mutated since the end of World War II, is a cult that preaches national suicide

TOPICS: Culture/Society; Editorial
KEYWORDS:
I'll have to repost this article later. I wanted to use the Boston Herald URL, but it's down.
1 posted on 09/20/2001 3:43:50 AM PDT by UbIwerks
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: UbIwerks
If any of these jerks want to negotiate with bin-Laden, I'll come up with enough cash to buy them a ticket to Afghanistan (one-way!), and they can GO!! Then we'll see how successful they are in addressing these monsters' "grievances."
2 posted on 09/20/2001 3:54:58 AM PDT by OzarkCigar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Feder has a good point, but he ought to include Falwell/Robertson in the group.
3 posted on 09/20/2001 3:59:25 AM PDT by RJCogburn

Paging Amy Carter...
4 posted on 09/20/2001 3:59:56 AM PDT by Illbay

No one in a leadership position has suggested curtailing anyone's legitimate privacy rights.

No, but the Libertines are p*ssing in their drawers at the thought this might postpone their search for the twin Holy Grails of legalized drugs and decriminalized drunk driving.

5 posted on 09/20/2001 4:01:49 AM PDT by Illbay

I'd love to hear their peaceful solution to Osama bin Laden's boys -- drop Woodstock videos over his Afghan bases, teach terrorists to sing old Joan Baez protest songs?

Perhaps they could air-drop white candles and the words to the song "We Are The World". Or better yet, perhaps they would like to form a delegation to go into bin laden's terrority and have a few rap sessions about peace.

6 posted on 09/20/2001 4:08:19 AM PDT by small voice in the wilderness

To: UbIwerks Hugh Akston
I WISH and PRAY and HOPE that all Americans realize there are 2 different wars being fought here; or there should be at best.

The first war is the actual engagement of the enemy, the physical one being fought by our men and women in the Armed Forces which will begin on foreign soil fairly soon.

The second one being waged against these Blame America Groupies, these Anti-American SOCIALST/COMMUNIST/TERRORIST funded groups. We, as John and Jane Q public, must be ready to engage in that battle on the ground here in America.

There are and will be MANY opportunities for men and women across America who love their country to fight against this propaganda and STOP, ERRADICATE and try to end this Anti-America, Blame America Bovine Feces.

7 posted on 09/20/2001 4:11:01 AM PDT by Neets

Who are these would-be tyrants preparing to puree the Bill of Rights?

Well, I seem to remember Gephardt on TV the very next day pushing a national ID card with a built-in smart chip. They really do exist, and they're mostly Democrats.

8 posted on 09/20/2001 4:12:40 AM PDT by N00dleN0gg1n

To: Feder
I refuse to believe that Feder is that obtuse as to believe what is written in the text posted here. He is clearly agitating for war. In a time when everyone else is counselling for unity, he is clearly fueling a sort of ideological civil war on US soil. Is this not treasonous?
9 posted on 09/20/2001 4:15:19 AM PDT by Clint_E
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

I'm not too worried about what any of the 'moral equivalency' crowd is crying out about. Actually, it has been surprisingly refreshing to see that an overwhelming majority of the country now believes the dominate duty of a nation is the protection of its own people, and that the military use has legitimate uses.
10 posted on 09/20/2001 4:26:19 AM PDT by LurkerNoMore!

THe left is a cowardly scourge.

Now let's pause for a commercial break

Hello friends, I'd like to talk to you about a disease.

A deadly disease that afflicts millions around the world.

You may have heard that this disease has already ravaged Europe.

And sadly, today we find thousands of Americans have already been infected.

Of course, I'm talking about liberalism.

What's most disturbing about this disease is that the smarter you think you are the greater the likelihood of contraction.

It's strikes at the very core of the brain rendering it's victim unable to discern facts, history, or reality.

What's worse is that not only are the infected individuals affected but so are their communities and the nation as a whole.

The good news is, this debilitating disease can be controlled and in some cases cured.

We must stop liberalism in our lifetime and with your help of a small donation we can make that a reality.

Please call 1-800-CURE-IDIOTS

11 posted on 09/20/2001 5:08:56 AM PDT by Texas_Jarhead

Comment #12 Removed by Moderator

To: John James 01
Welcome to FR. I think you may be our newest idiot.
13 posted on 09/20/2001 5:13:37 AM PDT by Tom_Busch
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Liberalism's collective wisdom on last week's horror consists of pacifism, obsessive whining about nonexistent threats to civil liberties, explaining the root causes of terrorism, blaming America first and blaming Israel second.

Feder accurately characterizes the beliefs of the "Blame America First"-crowd, but leaves out a large part of their retinue -- it's not just "liberalism"; it's also the Lew Rockwell-libertarians and the Pat Buchanan Paleo-cons.

14 posted on 09/20/2001 5:32:58 AM PDT by Cincinatus

To: OneidaM
The second one being waged against these Blame America Groupies, these Anti-American SOCIALST/COMMUNIST/TERRORIST funded groups. We, as John and Jane Q public, must be ready to engage in that battle on the ground here in America.

Amen.

I'm too old to enlist, but I sure as hell can help out in the effort to put a boot down on the face of the Hate America crowd inside our own borders.

I had the unpleasant experience of watching one of the left's most treasured "intellectuals" on MSNBC the other night. None other than Howard Zinn. My wife had to turn the TV off, I was ranting so loudly at this tired fool.

The home front will involve not only hightened alertness against our foreign enemy, but also increased awareness of, and counter-attacks against our domestic naysayers.

15 posted on 09/20/2001 5:42:03 AM PDT by borkrules
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

"What is it in the way we are living, organizing our societies and treating each other that makes violence seem so plausible to so many people?"

The fact that we let them get away with it.

But that's changing now.

16 posted on 09/20/2001 6:20:01 AM PDT by Don Joe

To: OneidaM
(YES!...THE ENEMY BOTH FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC.)
17 posted on 09/20/2001 6:24:03 AM PDT by horsepowernow
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson