Skip to comments.Newt Gingrich is More Dangerous To America Than Obama and I Can Prove It!
Posted on 12/01/2011 9:48:36 AM PST by Lazlo in PA
click here to read article
In that case, then Obama would be better then Romney as well.
Perry is the only alternative left, but he keeps tripping over his own feet.
Here we go again.
Not enough proof for me, Obama has a billion dollars to spend on TV and the people sitting home watching TV are drawing gov. checks.
In what universe is Newt a worse choice than Obama? Kiss my grits.
Sorta like saying a beheading may cause headaches.
Since Cain was the bottom of my acceptable list, with Perry and Gingrich below that mark, though still above Romney, if Cain does fail, then I revert to writing in a conservative.
Oh good grief.
...and his tongue.
As another Freeper posted a day or so ago: Rick Perry makes George W. Bush sound like William Jennings Bryan.
Because without a Conservative candidate, we will lose to Obummer. Newt is not a Conservative. Period.
More dangerous than Obama? Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honestly, what is more dangerous than Obama with nothing to lose?
Obama will see any victory as public approval of the direction he is going.
Obama will not have another re-election to look forward to. He will not need to hold back.
Obama will be able to lock in more judges with lifetime appointments, stacking an entire branch of government that would take decades to reverse.
Liberals will be empowered, no matter how small or how it comes out, if you think they are aggressive in what they want now, wait until they have an Obama re-election victory.
If the Right doesn’t come out in full force, it won’t be just the Presidency we lose. Turn-out is vital for House and Senate races. We need a sweep.
..and so on..
I decided to support Newt almost 4 weeks ago, and thus far despite the myriad of negative articles like the one you posted and that decorate the side bar, I have no remorse.
Newt is heads above the others in my opinion. The debate is far from over, and I welcome more one on ones with Romney and the others so we car air out our concerns.
Clearly, I want for once in my lifetime, a president who is smarter than I am, and who can actually teach and lead us.
Newt has prepared himself for the job. He’s thought about the issues, and discussed them. I get the feeling that his opinions on certain subject have evoloved over time, but for the most part he is the most conservative of the candidates out there who are electable.
Cain, Bachman, Huntsman, Paul are not electable. Oh and Santorum too. I’m sorry they’re not.
Romney is a hard worker. He brings a left brained approach to the which is also welcome, but I think he is very vague on specifics.
In summary, I find really no value in your post other than to perhaps raise the issues with Newt himself and ask him to respond.
Four years of Newt, this country will still exist for my children and grandchildren. That ain’t the case with Obama. The author is a hysterical liar. Or a blind idiot.
There’s plenty to not like about Newt. But he cannot be as bad as Obama, ever. He hasn’t been trained since birth to hate America.
Some of Newts Progressive Dossier:
04/02/1987 He cosponsored the 1987 Fairness Doctrine
10/22/1991 He voted for an amendment that would create a National Police Corps.
03//1993 He Voted for sending $1.6 Billion in foreign aid to Russia.
11/19/1993 He voted for the NAFTA Implementation Act.
11/27/1994 He supported the GATT Treaty subjecting US Sovereignty to the WTO
08/27/1995 He suggests that drug smuggling should carry a death sentence.
04/25/1996 Voted for the single largest increase on Federal education spending ($3.5 Billion)
04/10/1995 He supported Federal tax dollars being spent on abortions.
06/01/1996 He helped a Democrat switch parties in an attempt to defeat Ron Paul in the 1996 election.
09/25/1996 Introduced H.R. 4170, demanded life-sentence or execution for someone bringing 2 ounces of marijuana across the border.
01/22/1997 Congress gave him a record-setting $300,000 fine for ethical wrongdoing.
11/29/2006 He said that free speech should be curtailed in order to fight terrorism. Wants to stop terrorists from using the internet. Called for a serious debate about the 1st Amendment.
11/29/2006 He called for a Geneva Convention for terrorists so it would be clear who the Constitution need not apply to.
02/15/2007 He supported Bushs proposal for mandatory carbon caps.
09/28/2008 Says if he were in office, he would have reluctantly voted for the $700B TARP bailout.
10/01/2008 Says in an article that TARP was a workout, not a bailout.
12/08/2008 He was paid $300,000 by Freddie Mac to halt Congress from bringing necessary reform.
03/31/2009 Says we should have Singapore-style drug tests for Americans.
07/30/2010 Says that Iraq was just step one in defeating the Axis of Evil.
08/03/2010 Advocates attacks on Iran & North Korea.
08/16/2010 Opposes property rights of the mosque owner in NYC.
11/15/2010 He defended Romneycare
12/05/2010 He said that a website owner should be considered an enemy combatant, hunted down and executed, for publishing leaked government memos.
01/30/2011 He lobbied for ethanol subsidies.
01/30/2011 He suggested that flex-fuel vehicles be mandated for Americans.
02/13/2011 He criticized Obama for sending less U.S. taxdollars to Egypt.
02/15/2011 His book said that he believes man-made climate-change and advocated creating a new endowment for conservation and the environment.
03/09/2011 He blames his infidelity to multiple wives on his passion for the country.
03/15/2011 Says that NAFTA worked because it created jobs in Mexico.
03/19/2011 He has no regrets about supporting Medicare drug coverage. (Now $7.2T unfunded liability)
03/23/2011 He completely flip-flopped on Libyan intervention in 16 days.
03/25/2011 He plans to sign as many as 200 executive orders on his first day as president.
04/25/2011 Hes a paid lobbyist for Federal ethanol subsidies.
05/12/2011 He was more supportive of individual health-care mandates than Mitt Romney.
08/01/2011 He hired a company to create fake Twitter to appear as if he had a following.
10/07/2011 He said hed ignore the Supreme Court if need be.
11/16/2011 Was revealed he actually received 1.6 million from Freddie Mac, vs. his previously stated $300,000-
2009-2010 Travels around the country with Al Sharpton and Arne Duncan to promote President Obamas new educational policies: i.e. increased local control of schools with increased Federal subsidies and regulations from Washington.
2010 Supported ultra-liberal, pro-abortion, pro-union, establishment candidate Dede Scozzafava in New Yorks 23rd Congressional District in a special election, over conservative candidate Doug Hoffman.
1995 Gingrich Wrote the foreword to Alvin Tofflers book, The Politics of the Third Wave, Creating a New Civilization and advocated all members of Congress should read the book. The book calls for a New Democracy for the 21st century which is essentially based on following Platos Third Wave virtues:
1. Private property must be abolished, the wealthy hated and their wealth redistributed by state mandate.
2. Children belong to, and are born to serve the state. The influence of parents is noxious and disruptive to the interest of the state, thus every child should be raised in government nurseries, without knowledge of who his or her parents are and without the parents having knowledge of who their offspring are. Every child becomes the common property of every parent in the city. Every parent has the collective duty to watch over them.
3. Private education, like traditional parenting, is at the very headwaters of falsehood and social strife. It must be eliminated and replaced with a closely monitored state school system.
4. Old values passed down in history, song, childrens books, all need to be rewritten to discredit and erase the old virtues and to exalt and enthrone the new.
5. Frivolous childrens games eliminated, new games developed that emphasize law and order.
6. Private industry is self serving. State should have absolute control of all industry for benefit of the whole.
7. Class mobility is a revolutionary idea that threatens the stability of the state and the pre-eminence of true philosophy. A strict caste system and the elimination of career choice is the answer.
8. Talent must never be allowed to wander or be wasted. Early on, children must be identified and channeled by the state for the benefit of the state into careers selected by the state.
9. Under the guise of equality, women ought to be exploited: first to foment class war during the Third Wave (womens roles are reversed to mens); next, to be promptly put into their place as part of a community of women to be shared collectively by male guardians.
10. Selective breeding is beneficial to the state.
11. Unwanted babies, inferior babies, deformed babies, and the adult handicapped are an unnecessary drag on the prosperity and well-being of society. They should be left to die. Unproductive adults, likewise, should be terminated.
12. Homosexuality is morally acceptable and homosexual rape of lower-class males and boys is a right of rulers, guardians and war heroes.
13. Only a few men are foreordained to understand life and higher good the rest are equivalent of dumb sheep.
14. Absolute loyalty to the government is vital for the success and safety of society. A state sanctioned National Police network is an essential good.
15. Wealth is not essential to the safety of the state.
- Gingrich voted to permit the Federal Reserve to purchase Treasury Debt
- Bailed out savings and loan institutions in 1991. $40B Bank bailout
- Gingrich voted to strengthen the federal home loan agencies
- Gingrich voted for increased powers to the FDIC to bail out struggling savings and loans through reorganization, purchase of bad assets, or recapitalization.
- Gingrich voted in favor of the Chrysler Bailout in 1979
- Gingrich voted for an oil windfall profits tax in 1979, which was signed by Jimmy Carter.
- Urged the House to repeal the War Powers Act and give the Presidency more power.
- Urged Clinton to expand military presence in Bosnia.
- Gingrich voted against a provision requiring congressional approval prior to deployment of U.S. troops into Central America in 1983.
- Gingrich voted to increase CIA secrecy and against any requirement that the President report covert activity to congress before it is initiated.
- Gingrich voted for Jimmy Carters Energy Mobilization Board.
- Gingrich voted for an increase in taxes on coal producers in 1981
- Gingrich voted for a 5-cent increase in the gas tax to fund highway and other mass-transit projects.
- Gingrich was one of the few who voted against the 1984 bill requiring the President and Congress to submit a balanced budget
- Gingrich voted for a congressional pay raise
- Gingrich voted against a bipartisan 1% cut to the Department of Defense budget for 1983
Not voting Gingrich, but the excerpt suggests that it’s a lame blog that isn’t worth a click. Moving on.
In this election whoever can beat obama is the candidate. If we don’t take that position we are going to beat ourselves looking for the perfect conservative candidate, he or she does not exist.
There was a national poll released yesterday that had Newt 45% over Obama at 42%. Within the MOE, but good news considering that Newt has really not even been taken seriously as the GOP nominee before now.
Hey, Newt and every other repub.
When the Nazis invaded the USSR, they invaded with about 5.5 million men along an 1800 mile front.
When the Mexicans invaded the USA, they invaded along our 1900 mile front with a force that is admitted to be at least 10 million, and is probably 15-20 million.
Any stated plan to normalize their status with a Red card, a green card, citizenship, ANYTHING, then you don’t get my vote,,period. DEPORT, through enforcement, and employment based self-deporting incentives.
To me this, so deeply intwined with the economy, is issue number one.
NIKOS1121 for POTUS!!!!!!
This is hugh and series!
We've seen this before. President Nixon embraced the Great Society and tried to expand it through the Family Assistance Plan, a guaranteed annual income scheme. He expanded the Federal Government's intrusion into the private sector through the creation of OSHA, the EPA, etc. His administration started Affirmative Action. He also appointed to the Supreme Court the Justice who wrote Roe versus Wade.
In foreign policy, Nixon pushed through the SALT I agreement which took away our ability to defend ourselves against ballistic missiles. His visit to China, which his defenders laud, contributed to the creation of a Frankenstein's monster with which we may soon have to fight a major war. However, kudos to him for saving Israel and trying to do the same for Vietnam.
All the while, Nixon masked his liberal policies with conservative rhetoric. As Senator Hugh scott (R-Pa.), a liberal, remarked in 1970, under Nixon, "the conservatives get the rhetoric, the liberals get the action."
Should he make it to the White House, I just hope Newt Gingrich won't run the country this way. If he hews to the spirit of his Contract with America and not that of his book Contract with the Earth (Baltimore: Johns Hopkins, 2007), we'll be OK.
Have you read Newts Global Warming book and his support for Cap and Tax? I wouldn't bet on it. Newt is a big gov't guy. Can you name a solution where Newt called for the outright elimination of agencies? Everything he says is taking a flawed Leftist argument and putting a "Conservative" spin on it. What is the point?
Hussein’s promoters have successfully derailed CAIN, now they turn their attention to the newt. We must chop up all of the kenyan pig’s opponents so that our glorious comrade can spread his islamic venom.
One thing you have to know about Lazlo is that he is never wrong. Just ask him... Oh, and anyone who disagrees with him is “out of their mind”...
I will NOT vote for N00t nor will I vote for Mitt. Not in the Primary or General elections.
So to those that think people like me will hold our noses and vote for your POS “progressive” RINO just because he doesn’t officially have a F’ing D after his name, Im here to tell you that your straight up WRONG.
I will not vote for either of these rinos. I WILL stay home. GUARANTEED. It doesn’t matter who they pick as their VP running mate a sh— sandwich is still a sh— sandwich even if you add a little jelly to it.
Newt derails himself with his voting record and policy statements. Are you a big man made Global Warming believer? Newt is. How about health care mandates? Newts cool with them too.
It is interesting that every time a new face rises in Republican voter esteem vicious attacks commence in the media. The attacks seem to come from both the left and right. Palin, Bachman, Cain, Perry and now Newt.
Why would we want someone that keeps tripping over his feet?
Lazlo in PA is a bigger nitwit than pissant.
It’ll probably be this kind of stuff again and again for the next 12 months.
Jim Rob crushed the romney bots, I think its about time he crush the N00t-holes too...
I am getting sick of us fighting our own!! Perry is not perfect, neither is any of the others. WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR A CANDIDATE FOR SAINT, we are looking for a person who’ll beat OBAMA and help bring new people to the house and senate.
Or are you just hanging around in the echo chamber telling everyone who will listen how you're gonna hold your breath until you turn purple if your favorite candidate is not nominated?
Do you have any moderate and independent friends with whom you talk politics?
Because if you don't, you are part of the reason why conservatives don't get nominated.
Unlike Pissants screeds and insults, I am strictly questioning Newts past statements and policies. Can you please tell me where I am wrong in distrusting someone who called Paul Ryan a radical just a few months ago? If he is a radical, what does Newt think of solid Conservatives like us?
Where in this piece is the author wrong on the details of Newts past policies or proclamations?
Don't do that - vote Constitution Party instead!
REALLY? WERE JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BEAT OBAMA?
OK, LETS GO GET HILLIARY OR SOME OTHER WELL KNOWN LIBERAL AND RUN THEM WITH AN R AFTER THEIR NAME. GUARANTEED TO BEAT OBAMA...
Or does it MATTER what the person who we run against the socialists actually BELIEVES?! If were just gonna run another socialist that we can dress up like a “conservative” WHATS THE GD POINT?!
N00t and Mitt are GD SOCIALISTS. WHATS THE FRIGGEN POINT OF RUNNING THEM?
It may come to that, but I doubt it. I really don't think that Newt would drop out of the race on account of his supporters being banned from FR.
Can't zot anyone from the voter rolls, y'know.
In what alternate universe are things like Newt has done over the past 5 or so years considered Conservative?
Read my posting history and you will good a good idea what im about....
I understand the critiques of Newt Gingrich. I used to make them myself and am well versed in their particulars.
But to compare him in any way with an active member of the Kenyan Communist Party... well, that’s beyond rational discussion.
It’s pure unadulterated pissant.
Newt wont win... He wont have a ground game... Its conservative activists like me who provide the ground game.
You are delusional if you think N00t will be anything other than a Dole...
I wont work for him, support him or vote for him. and there are many others like me. I dont need to convince them, IM just attempting to WARN you of the consequences of putting up one of these RINOS
Newt rates a 90% by the conservative voters union. You need to get real.
For the record, I don’t think humans can control the weather. The weather is a variable so expect it to change.
If he's a commie, then why is he in bed with Goldman, Sachs, Morgan, and Stanley?
Obama is no more a commie than Lenin was. Like Lenin he is an opportunist.
If Obama were a commie then we would need to first convince everyone that he is one, and then remind everyone of the faulty assumptions of Communism.
Since Obama is not a commie, but an opportunist, we need instead to convince everyone that he is a shyster that is just trying to feather his own nest.
This is a much easier case to make as he seems to like to spend a lot of his time on the golf course or on vacation.
And it makes much more sense since lately he seems to prefer the company of corporate scumbags to the company of academic scumbags.
In this election whoever can beat obama is the candidate. If we dont take that position we are going to beat ourselves looking for the perfect conservative candidate, he or she does not exist.””
A voice of sanity. Thank you.
You and alot of FR are going to help O get RE-ELECTED. In 2008...people didn't support McCain because he was not conservative enough. Look what got ELECTED -- a MARXIST!!
Are you and others going to stay home and let MARXISTS win in 2012??
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.