Skip to comments.The 15 Sexiest Characters In TV History
Posted on 02/20/2007 3:26:20 PM PST by pissant
What makes someone sexy?
It could be their eyes. Their legs. Or the way they talk. Or smile.
TV certainly has had its share of hot characters who have made our hearts skip a beat. With the most romantic day of the year rapidly approaching (that would be Valentine's Day), now's the perfect time for my list of the 15 sexiest characters in TV history.
After checking out the list, tell me if you liked it, hated it or wanted other people on it. I'd love hearing from ya...
1. Mary Ann Summers (Gilligan's Island) Why her? Ginger, Schminger! Mary Ann (Dawn Wells) was the cute one! OK, so the sweet farm girl from Kansas was modeled after Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Whatever. With her aw-shucks charm and girl-next-door appeal, Mary Ann was adorable, sexy and the kind of woman you wouldn't mind being stranded on an island with.
Her sexiest feature: A smile that could light up a nighttime sky.
2. Sonny Crockett (Miami Vice) Why him? No TV detective was cooler or oozed as much silky charm. Whether he was busting skanky hookers or blasting evil drug lords, Sonny (Don Johnson) was always hotter than South Beach in August. Plus Miami's sexiest vice cop made the T-shirt worn under Armani jacket style the hip look of the MTV '80s.
His sexiest feature: The rugged designer stubble.
3. Lily Manning (Once and Again) Why her? The luminous Sela Ward proved that being a 40ish soccer mom doesn't mean you still can't be vivacious, attractive and wonderfully desirable.
Her sexiest feature: A girlish quality that belied her wisdom and life experience.
4. David Starsky (Starsky & Hutch) Why him? He tore around the mean L.A. streets in a red Ford Torino that had a large white stripe painted on the side. Starksy (Paul Michael Glaser) chased pimps, dope dealers and muggers in a cool leather jacket with his collar always turned up. He had really curly hair.
His sexiest feature: The slight bow-legged limp that gave Starsky a super fly 'tude.
5. Jeannie (I Dream of Jeannie) Why her? Jeannie (Barbara Eden) was a remarkably well-preserved, 2,000-year-old, smokin' hot genie who wanted nothing more than to please her "massss-terrrrr." That about says it all, doesn't it?
Her sexiest feature: The eyes and how they blinked.
6. Wonder Woman (Wonder Woman) Why her? Lynda Carter was a crimefighting bombshell you couldn't ignore mostly because of that eye-catching costume, her invisible plane and that voluptuous frame.
Her sexiest feature: That voluptuous frame.
7. Rey Curtis (Law & Order) Why him? Because he's one of the prettiest men on earth. New York City homicide detectives aren't supposed to be that pretty. But by-the-book Rey (Benjamin Bratt) was. When you can make Julia Roberts (Bratt's ex) look ordinary, well, that's saying something.
His sexiest feature: It's a tie between the deep olive skin and the lean physique.
8. Thelma Evans (Good Times) Why her? Thelma (Bernadette Stanis) was a stone, cold fox. Yes, I'm using '70s lingo, people. Can you dig it? I sure don't know who big bro J.J. (Jimmie Walker) thought he was looking at when he kept calling Thelma ugly.
Her sexiest feature: She was bootylicious before some chick named Beyonce was even born.
9. Mr. Roarke (Fantasy Island) Why him? That smooth accent. The crisp white suit. The way he purred, "I am Mr. Roarke, your host." His sexiest feature: The purring accent -- especially when Ricardo Montalban was purring "Corinthian leather" in those old Chrysler Cordoba car commercials.
10. Kelly Garrett (Charlie's Angels) Why her? She was better looking than toothy Jill (Farrah Fawcett-Majors) and just as smart as brainy Sabrina (Kate Jackson). The bottom line: Kelly (Jaclyn Smith) was the most heavenly angel of them all.
Her sexiest feature: The shiny hair that belonged in a V05 commercial.
11. Jonathan Rollins (L.A. Law) Why him? As an arrogant attorney, Blair Underwood knew how to demand your attention and keep it. When you're model handsome and have oodles of charisma to spare, you can do that sort of thing with ease.
His sexiest feature: Those pearly whites are so bright, you need shades to look at 'em.
12. Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager) Why her? C'mon...you've seen the eye-popping Borg getup the curvy Seven of Nine wore. It was so tight it looked like it was painted on. How Jeri Ryan managed to breathe in that costume remains one of the world's most perplexing mysteries.
Her sexiest feature: Her robotic manner. I'm kidding.
13. Theo Kojak (Kojak) Why him? It takes an incredibly sexy man (that's you, Telly Savalas!) to make sucking on a lollipop and cracking, "Who loves ya, baby?" look cool.
His sexiest feature: The chrome dome under that hip fedora.
14. Sydney Bristow (Alias) Why her? You've seen Jennifer Garner slinking around in a fetching teddy like a Victoria's Secret supermodel, right? Well, when you can do that and kick bad guy butt with authority, you're beyond hot.
Her sexiest feature: The pouty mouth that won't quit.
15. Dana Scully (The X-Files) Why her? Sure, Scully (Gillian Anderson) wore drab pantsuits as a dedicated FBI agent in search of "the truth." But there's nothing sexier than a woman with a brain who can, well, perform autopsies, handle a firearm and stare down liver-eating mutants without blinking.
Her sexiest feature: See Jennifer Garner.
Yes, that is good. :o)
No, but his fellow cabbie wasn't bad in Taxi, the redhead.
Her best feature is that huge mouth.
Yep, Teri Garr.
Too generic? :O)
Drew Carey??? Aye carumba. LOL
No wonder. She was 15. LOL
Well the older I get the better older women look to me. Thank goodness it works that way. But I do not know if they are related.
MBB is a fine looking woman. But Emma Peel has no equal.
No, she looks good.
oh yes they do!!!! Vincent D'Onofrio, only he's so liberal. sigh. what a waste of a man!
Other than him...has my man Letaka ever been on TV??? omg. He makes my heart beat faster.
Hey Raider if you were around Thursday evening between 5pm est to 7pm est you could see my first episode on Voyager on SPIKE TV
I know what you mean. When I was 18, even women who were 35 looked really, really old. Now that I'm early 30s, women who are 30-40 can easily look hot. Some even as old as late 40s. I wonder how that does work. It's bizarre.
I was a youngun, but I really liked Barbara Babcock (Grace) and Veronica Hamel (Joyce) both on Hill Street Blues. Can't argue with Diane Rigg.
Hey, SevenofNine... you made the list! :o)
I disagree with Rey Curtis to me Lennie was hot he is wisecracker also those bedroom eyes
Don't see many imports from Japan do you?
A gift from God. :o)
I've never seen a single episode of that show. Is it still on?
no kidding ~ esp since fainting over Kerry's loss.
Still...those L&O Criminal Intent reruns are pretty darn good.
But he doesn't look well lately ~ maybe that's why the new cast?
Heeheehee, he sure is a good looking older gentleman :-D
Damn, I'm always the last one to find out everything!
Speaking of which, is there ANYONE out there who can explain the appeal of Roseanne Barr's old show? What a bunch of fat, trashy losers. At least the Bundy's were funny (and I thought Peggy was kind of hot in a trailer trash sort of way).
When our daughter was eight, she had a huge crush on Clint Eastwood.
She couldn't comprehend anything wrong with pining over a man in his 60's.
Hey now, he's a sweetheart!
Don't forget the 1970s. Policewoman, Daisy Duke, and Stephanie Powers.
I never watched Rosanne.
Of today's TV babes, I love Mariska Hargitay. She's even more beautiful in person.
Grace came to the station when her Sgt. beau (be careful out there) wanted to end the relationship because she was too much of a woman (wore him out in bed). She met him in the roll call room and flashed him opening her rain coat and said this is whatr your missing. She was not in the top 15 lookers, but the attitude the actreess displayed on the show, made her sexy.
Hamel was a striking brunette and the bedroom scenes with her and the Lt. had a sexy feel about her. She was always in a towel or bathtub and that didn't hurt,.
He may be. I've never watched. But he struck me as a Chris Farley type. LOL
Yeah SPIKE TV had it they already show all Kes episodes already I hate her
She's a prize winner in the looks dept.
Thanks for the recap. LOL
I dunno ~ I kinda like how she'd keep refilling the Cheerios box with generic brand.
John Goodman was rather sexy in a longsuffering hubby sorta way.
Remember when Hathaway the Dyke ran for Congress? Buddy Epsen recorded these great ads saying that "Miss Jane Hathaway is REEAAALLLLL LIBERAL!"
That's rich. I vaguely remember that.
OMG totally. You mark it 8, you're looking at a world of pain!
If we talking real people my top pick is Rummy at number one close second VP Dick Cheney
If we talking real people my top pick is Rummy at number one close second VP Dick Cheney
Oh Lordy, I had a crush on Clint Eastwood too! We still try and catch his movies. I still think he's hot back in the day. It's terrible, I've been racking my brain trying to remember who else I had a crush on, but I remember drooling over John Travolta in Welcome Back Kotter. He's still good looking. Bruce Willis is very good looking, only because if my bf shaved his noggin, they'd look alike :)
In my sinnin days, before I remarried, I had some relationships with some great ladies. A hot bod may get you through the night, but if you want to judge someone you need more time and someone who can carry on a conversation in the morning and thereafter.
Your post pushed some buttons for me and I don't know why.
yumm...you have good taste!
Fantasy: Me, Lena Olin, Madeline Stowe, and a pitcher of sangria. Giggedy Giggedy!
Bruce Willis in Die Hard.
Seriously...my vote would be for Catherine Bell.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.