Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend is the biggest story on Twitter
daily dot ^ | 1-2013

Posted on 01/16/2013 7:28:53 PM PST by doug from upland

click here to read article

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-131 last
To: dfwgator
Yeah!

That's the ticket!

101 posted on 01/17/2013 7:09:54 AM PST by Elsie (Heck is where people, who don't believe in Gosh, think they are not going...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 57 | View Replies]

To: IamConservative

Agreed. I think ND is trying to cover several butts at one time here. Te’o should come clean, but if he is a magic underwear guy that is batting for the other team, not happening. Interesting to see what kind of spin he will try to put on the whole mess. Staying tuned.

102 posted on 01/17/2013 7:13:04 AM PST by alarm rider (Basically, we are toast.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 96 | View Replies]

To: dfwgator

True dis.

A lot of folks say that I am full of hot air...

103 posted on 01/17/2013 7:13:32 AM PST by Elsie (Heck is where people, who don't believe in Gosh, think they are not going...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 97 | View Replies]

To: SeaHawkFan

Sort of a mean-spirited broad brush wasn’t it?

104 posted on 01/17/2013 8:21:17 AM PST by doug from upland (Obama and the leftists - destroying our country one day at a time)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 88 | View Replies]

To: cricket

That was exactly what I was thinking but you seem to be the only one that posted about it. Obama did a much worse lie and it gets no traction.

105 posted on 01/17/2013 8:36:52 AM PST by techcor
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 77 | View Replies]

To: All

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2979102/posts

Te’o vs Obama

106 posted on 01/17/2013 9:08:44 AM PST by doug from upland (Obama and the leftists - destroying our country one day at a time)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: bigdaddy45
Of course Manti Te’o was in on the fraud. He is not victims since HE told The South Bend Tribune” that he had met her, and his family is on record saying she visited them in Hawaii.
107 posted on 01/17/2013 9:20:13 AM PST by apocalypto
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 67 | View Replies]

To: doug from upland

Mormonism is based on a fraud and on a per capita basis, Utah has far more financial fraud than any other state.

108 posted on 01/17/2013 10:19:58 AM PST by SeaHawkFan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 104 | View Replies]

To: SeaHawkFan

Okay, so we revisit the Romney Mormon “problem” here. How about this? Having lived in SoCal since the age of five, I am a long time supporter of the Trojans. But you have a coach who is a total fraud who destroyed the football program at USC. How can you support him? Have you written criticism of him as being a fraud? Or do you support him because you are a homey? What if Pete were a Mormon? Would you still support your team?

109 posted on 01/17/2013 10:52:47 AM PST by doug from upland (Obama and the leftists - destroying our country one day at a time)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 108 | View Replies]

To: apocalypto

Well, if he is by some chance not a fraud, he is the biggest twerp ever known. And, I am not buying that.

Whatever the outcome, he will forever be tied to this deal. He should just come clean, be humble and give reasons why he did what he did. Or didn’t do.

110 posted on 01/17/2013 11:45:35 AM PST by alarm rider (Basically, we are toast.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 107 | View Replies]

To: OrangeHoof

“I find the whole story just ridiculous and my girlfriend Kate Upton agrees.”

Me and my wife, Morgan Fairchild, whom I’ve seen naked, agree! Yeah, that’s the ticket!

111 posted on 01/17/2013 12:50:37 PM PST by CSM (Keeper of the Dave Ramsey Ping list. FReepmail me if you want your beeber stuned.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 54 | View Replies]

Sort of a mean-spirited broad brush wasn’t it?

Maybe; but if a person is DECEIVED by MORMONism; it ain't much of a leap to be deceived by an ONLINE girlfriend; is it?

112 posted on 01/17/2013 1:56:35 PM PST by Elsie (Heck is where people, who don't believe in Gosh, think they are not going...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 104 | View Replies]

Okay, so we revisit the Romney Mormon “problem” here

We DO?

It appears that the old "Look over THERE!" tactic is being recycled.

113 posted on 01/17/2013 1:58:36 PM PST by Elsie (Heck is where people, who don't believe in Gosh, think they are not going...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 109 | View Replies]

To: Elsie

I thought this crap would stay in religion, not this story and this thread. Some people on this forum make me want to vomit.

114 posted on 01/17/2013 3:20:30 PM PST by doug from upland (Obama and the leftists - destroying our country one day at a time)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 112 | View Replies]

Some people on this forum make me want to vomit.

HMMmm...

I'd think you'd have developed a stronger stomach for this stuff by now. When a 'story' like this breaks, EVERYTHING in the poor fellows past (and present) is up for discussion.

115 posted on 01/17/2013 3:33:32 PM PST by Elsie (Heck is where people, who don't believe in Gosh, think they are not going...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 114 | View Replies]

even religious bigotry...... you got your way - the Mormon lost....isn’t that enough to make you smug and happy?

116 posted on 01/17/2013 3:55:45 PM PST by doug from upland (Obama and the leftists - destroying our country one day at a time)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 115 | View Replies]

Like Rock Hudson’s wife.

117 posted on 01/17/2013 6:24:42 PM PST by batterycommander (a little more rubble, a lot less trouble)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 83 | View Replies]

even religious bigotry......

HMMmm...

That's interesting.

Are you one who thinks that ALL religions are ok and that NO one should point out the flaws that are seen in them?

118 posted on 01/18/2013 4:11:11 AM PST by Elsie (Heck is where people, who don't believe in Gosh, think they are not going...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 116 | View Replies]

119 posted on 01/18/2013 11:26:56 AM PST by Elsie (Heck is where people, who don't believe in Gosh, think they are not going...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 90 | View Replies]

To: Godzilla; svcw; WVKayaker; Sentinal; Tennessee Nana

120 posted on 01/19/2013 8:48:25 AM PST by Elsie (Heck is where people, who don't believe in Gosh, think they are not going...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 119 | View Replies]

He lied
He got caught
He is doing what all liars do, blame the other guy
It’s that simple

121 posted on 01/19/2013 8:54:21 AM PST by svcw (Why is one cell on another planet considered life, and in the womb it is not.)

ooops!
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765613748/ESPN-video-Mormon-athlete-Manti-Teo-relies-on-faith-to-overcome-tragedy.html

122 posted on 01/19/2013 8:58:25 AM PST by svcw (Why is one cell on another planet considered life, and in the womb it is not.)

You should be the kids PR front man.

He lied

He got caught

and apparently there are plenty of people willing to makes excuses for him

123 posted on 01/19/2013 9:02:23 AM PST by svcw (Why is one cell on another planet considered life, and in the womb it is not.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 96 | View Replies]

Some serious ass-covering from ESPN on this. Ted Miller’s article is especially pathetic, claiming that Te’o’s interview yesterday basically proves that he’s innocent. A lot of things in that interview stood out, such as Teo’s apparent incuriousness as to who the other two hoax participants were (Tuiasosopo allegedly told Te’o there was another man and another woman involved in the hoax). I know that if somebody had done that to me, I would definitely want to know who did it. Also, the fact that it didn’t occur to him to visit his dying love-of-his-life girlfriend in the hospital apparently didn’t raise any red flags with Ted Miller, cretin extraordinaire.

124 posted on 01/19/2013 9:18:11 AM PST by Junior_G (Funny how liberals' love affair with Muslims began on 9/11)

To: nickcarraway
They are portraying this as the worst thing a college football player has done. Worse than taking money, steroids, drugs, DUI, Rape. 5 years with no bowl games?

With the exception of rape, everything you listed is the type of bad mistake that a basically decent person could make and still rebound from with their integrity mostly intact. This hoax on the other hand is something that can and should define Te'o for the rest of his life. You have to be a sociopathic lowlife to engage in a fraud of this nature.

125 posted on 01/19/2013 9:25:49 AM PST by Junior_G (Funny how liberals' love affair with Muslims began on 9/11)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

To: svcw

He lied

He got caught

and apparently there are plenty of people willing to makes excuses for him

Nothing new under the sun...

126 posted on 01/19/2013 10:26:21 AM PST by Elsie (Heck is where people, who don't believe in Gosh, think they are not going...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 123 | View Replies]

Good one!

127 posted on 01/19/2013 1:52:40 PM PST by svcw (Why is one cell on another planet considered life, and in the womb it is not.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 126 | View Replies]

Is your entire life about attacking Mormons? How many hours a day? 4? 6? 8? 10? If only you could earn a living doing it.

128 posted on 01/19/2013 5:39:49 PM PST by doug from upland (Obama and the leftists - destroying our country one day at a time)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 126 | View Replies]

Is your entire life about attacking Mormons?

I also attack those who can't stand those who attack MORMONism.

<

(I'll bet Oprah just HATES me!)

129 posted on 01/20/2013 5:14:21 AM PST by Elsie (Heck is where people, who don't believe in Gosh, think they are not going...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 128 | View Replies]

MANTI  TE'O:  Lennay was Polynesian. She wasn't Mormon. She was Christian.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8859544/highlights-manti-teo-interview-jeremy-schaap

130 posted on 01/21/2013 5:25:16 AM PST by Elsie (Heck is where people, who don't believe in Gosh, think they are not going...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 129 | View Replies]

To: Elsie; greyfoxx39
MANTI TE'O: Lennay was Polynesian. She wasn't Mormon. She was Christian

131 posted on 01/21/2013 9:31:29 PM PST by Tennessee Nana
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 130 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-131 last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson