Skip to comments.Lessons from Life and Other Potpourri (Personal)
Posted on 06/08/2010 9:14:16 PM PDT by Joya
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk everyday. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least ten minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today. I am thankful for______________'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, and almonds.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts, or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out credit card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument, agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to other people's lives.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask Him.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch !!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.
I had done something similar with a recipe I tried recently, but instead of putting non-cooking items on that thread, I'll have this as an alternate, and I will use this for anything that's non-cooking that I find interesting.
Excellent advice all around
EXCEPT for “eat dinner like a college kid with a maxed out credit card”
I don’t know - 2 boxes of instant mac n’cheese doesn’t sound very healthy.....
Example of Circle Work
What’s the feeling? anger
What’s the thought? There is something about our relationship that triggers my physical self to feel angry, defensive, and protective.
Is that thought helpful? No
What would be a more helpful thought? It is my spiritual choice to love and accept that person just the way she is today.
I used to spice it up with a couple of hot dogs cut up and sometimes curry powder.
My other college staple was brown ground beef and an onion, add mushroom soup and add instant rice...enough rice to absorb the soup liquid.
Cute. Thanks for stopping by.
Sunrise and sunset times link.
good to remember these
Interesting list, have fun with your thread.
Preachy. I guess we need you to show the way,huh.
Bluberries,wild Alaskan salmon,almonds,all expensive. You buying?
I was thinking of Ramen noodles with half a hot dog cut up in it...
I didn’t write it. It was from an email I received, actually there were a couple different versions from email buddies.
I have wanted a place to park items worth keeping, and hopefully this thread will serve as that.
I do drink green tea, almost everyday. I bought it at Sam’s Club, but am trying to ease my way over to de-caf green tea, which Sam’s doesn’t sell all the time, so, I am buying that at other places now.
= = =
= = =
one I have known about for a while,
Thanks for stopping by. I didn’t mean to give the impression that I wrote that myself, it’s something that was sent to me, and I want to keep it handy. I guess I could have put a different title to this thread, surely I didn’t intend to mislead anybody into thinking it was my own writing. Hmmm ...
Well,I think adults can figure out their own rules for living. The post you posted seems so condescending to me.
Agree that green tea is good.
About the bluberries,wild Alaskan salmon and almonds,you didn’t say if you are buying,since we should all be eating those.
Self talk: Repeat positive messages to yourself, and you will program your mind properly.
Stupid me,I guess your original post is a joke,right? And I took it seriously.
I’m don’t have the finances to be buying. I drink green tea. The other suggestions are just that, suggestions.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a good day.
It does not matter if you wrote it, for the message was good.
The name of your thread is fine, LOL, gives you more lea way with subjects.
The Lord would then work and manifest His power through children.
He opens many passages and connections through children. There are advantages and disadvantages to both sides but adults are usually rooted with strong stereotypes and their own experiences. Adults tend to verify, test, and pry meticulously on every matter.
The very first thing adults do is to check and verify on the subject or issue at hand. I think it is part of the sinful nature.
Finally, the Lord began to incrementally show me the evil spirits. The Lord was opening my spiritual eyes. At first, I was not able to see clearly, it was a blur. But the Lord gradually assisted me and I was finally able to clearly see.
However, I was not able to see as clearly as the youngster and at times it was frustrating. Before, the youngsters with opened spiritual eyes shouted in unison, Pastor! When you look up into the sky with your physical eyes, you see blue. But when you look it with opened spiritual eyes, it is deep black with countless number of devils!
I was not able to understand what they were talking about but now, I could feel the reality of it.
After praying in church, I left for home to lay down for awhile. I then began to see the manifestations of evil spirits. The size of evil spirits range from a mosquito to something as literally bigger than the earth. The evil spirits were numerous and different than anyone can imagine. They were everywhere, filling the air.
Witnessing them, I loudly screamed, Ugh! Oh ~ There are so many of them! Ugh!
The sky with our physical eyes appears crystal clear blue but with our spiritual eyes, the sky is not just black but dark black. The sky was filled with countless number of evil spirits; they covered every inch of it. It was a stunning picture.
Ah! How can this be? There are so much evil forces covering filling the sky! What I thought I could not possibly believe was a fact and it was happening before my eyes.
Outside and inside of my home, the air space was filled with evil forces. If I could explain or express the groups of evil spirits, I could only say that they reminded me of a swarm of teals (fresh water ducks) of a spectacle sight.
The evil spirits gathered continuously and then scatter about. They repeated this busy process.
I noticed many times that they would attack Christians in disciplined order.
As I witnessed their strategy, I shouted in my mind. Ah ~ this is how the Christians get defeated. The evil spirits attack Christians this way! Christians are defenseless, they are helpless; shattered! How? What can I do?
As my mind raced, thousands of evils spirits smaller than a fly which I was barely able to see approached toward my nose and mouth.
They buzzed around speaking horrific abusive words. You! @#$%@#$! We will enter your body and kill you. We will cause sickness!
As they attempted to enter my body through the mouth and nose, I instinctively covered my mouth and nose with my hands. I remember that the youngsters would cover their mouths and noses as they walked around. I had finally realized why they did that.
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: (1 Peter 5:8)
Neither give place to the devil. (Ephesians 4:27)
The evil spirits frantically attempt to possess special places such as our physical bodies. Their only interest is our physical bodies so that they can influence absolute power over their victims life.
Once they are successful in rooting themselves into a person, they can then begin inflicting damage onto our soul. Therefore, they intensely aim and target our physical bodies. If we have a weakness or give them a gap, they will enter our bodies.
Once a believers body is captured, the evil spirits are able to begin their control. The believer is than subject to falling gradually into religion. If the demonized believer assembles together with other demonized believers who have become religious, they are actually assembling for Satan.
It is quite self evident. Christians who are nonchalant and apathetic are unaware and ignorant of evil spirits. They are ignorant of their strategies, tricks, and schemes. These types of Christians rather live an easy unproductive life.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.