Skip to comments.25 Sexiest Movie Moments
Posted on 02/07/2006 12:33:29 AM PST by pissant
25. Titanic (1997) Rose (Kate Winslet) and Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) may have been sailing the high seas in high style. But when it came time for getting it on, these crazy kids knew how to put the heat in the rumble seat. Luckily for them, these soon-to-be-doomed lovers find a parked car on their luxury ocean liner. Our favorite part? The steamed-up windows. That's sexy.
24. Seven Year Itch (1955) How provocative is the scene where Marilyn Monroe's white dress starts to billow up, leaving parts below exposed? So much so that when Monroe's real-life hubby, Joe DiMaggio, saw her shoot said scene, he stormed off--and soon became her ex-real-life hubby. Yowza.
23. Indecent Proposal (1993) Call us shallow, but money is sexy. Cash, dollar bills, greenbacks, Susan B. Anthonys--we like it. And so when we see this flick's Demi Moore and Woody Harrelson rolling around on a pile of dough after hitting it big in Vegas...Well, let's just say we're waiting for the hotel fire alarm to go off.
22. Shakespeare in Love (1998) We knew William Shakespeare could write, but who knew he was good in bed, too? The conceit of this literate romantic comedy is that the young Will (Joseph Fiennes) was able to write the romantic yearnings of Romeo & Juliet because he was getting it on with Gwyneth Paltrow. Talk about Bard-core.
21. The Graduate (1967) "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me...aren't you?" No, you can't put anything past newly minted college grad Benjamin Braddock (Dustin Hoffman). When he's faced with Mrs. Robinson's crooked, nylon-covered leg, the older woman is definitely trying to seduce him. (The move worked on the audience, too.)
20. American Beauty (1999) All right, granted, this one's not from the mind of your typical dude. After all, Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey) is a middle-aged man when he imagines his daughter's cheerleader chum (Mena Suvari) covered in a pool of rose petals. But, in his defense, she is covered. And there is something steamy going on.
19. Thelma and Louise (1991) It's a sexy scene and a star-making scene. Brad Pitt was still a relative no-name when, as the cowboy-hat-wearing J.D., he stole the heart--and money--of Geena Davis' on-the-lam Louise in a hotel room. After that little show was over, Brad wasn't a no-name no more.
18. The Postman Always Rings Twice (1981) Housewife Cora (Jessica Lange) was just minding her own business, kneading bread in the kitchen. Then drifter Frank (Jack Nicholson) rang her bell. As for the bread? Oh, it got kneaded, all right--courtesy Cora, Frank and their flour-flying, kitchen-table dalliance. Who knows, maybe they were in loaf with each other?
17. The Big Easy (1987) In the beginning, Ellen Barkin's icy prosecutor tried very, very hard to resist Dennis Quaid's steamy-hot homicide cop in this Bayou-based crime drama. But you know what happens when ice meets steam heat? Yup. It melts--just like Barkin.
16. Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) A lot of teen movies in the '80s aspired to be sexy, but few delivered--and only one had Phoebe Cates, in a bikini, stepping out of a pool. We'll understand if you, like Judge Reinhold in this seminal comedy, want to be left alone with your, um, thoughts.
15. The Mask of Zorro (1998) There are many ways to take off a blouse. You can unbutton the buttons. You can yank the thing over the head. Or you can make like Antonio Banderas and do it the sexy-movie way. When Banderas' Zorro-in-the-making is faced with Catherine Zeta-Jones' buttoned blouse, he artfully slits it with his saber. Talk about swordplay.
14. Wild Things (1998) Matt Dillon, Neve Campbell and Denise Richards. In a pool. 'Nuff said. All right, we'll say a little more--mainly that the sight of these three hotties doing a collective wild thing is the reason they made sexy-movie-moment lists. Did we mention that there are three of them?
13. 10 (1979) Some people are sexy just standing still. Bo Derek would probably qualify on that count. Now imagine Bo Derek running--in slow motion--in a bathing suit across the white, hot sands of a beach. If you can visualize that, then you can see that Dudley Moore probably didn't have to try too hard to look aroused in this sexy hit comedy.
12. From Here to Eternity (1953) Did people really have sex back in the days of black-and-white movies? People did. Exhibit A: Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr lolling around in the surf in this wartime classic. Technically, their make-out action, by today's standards, is PG-rated, but their heat is off the ratings charts--no matter what the era. Let's just hope they used protection; we'd suggest at least an SPF 30.
11. Fatal Attraction (1987) Kitchen sinks aren't just for dirty dishes anymore. For this helpful homemaker hint, we have Glenn Close and Michael Douglas to thank. In this date-from-hell thriller, our two stars get hot 'n' heavy amid the great unwashed. Was it her perfume? Was it his cologne? Or was it the Dawn?
10. Out of Sight (1998) So, Jennifer Lopez and George Clooney get trapped in a trunk. Sound like the beginning of a dirty joke? Try the beginning of a very intense meet-cute scene. J.Lo's an FBI agent; Clooney's the robber she's after. And once they get trapped in a car trunk, she gets him, all right.
9. Flashdance (1983) As far as proper dining etiquette goes, we're pretty sure Miss Manners would frown on it. But as far as movie moments go, you can't get much sexier than Jennifer Beals slurping on lobster while playing a very intimate game of footsie with boyfriend Michael Nouri in this totally '80s romantic drama. When lobster is this inspiring, who can turn down surf and turf?
8. Basic Instinct (1992) We see London. We see France. We don't see Sharon Stone's underpants! As lingerie-challenged author Catherine Tramell, Stone gets the upper, um, leg in a police interrogation by crossing--and strategically uncrossing--her gams for detective Michael Douglas and his crew. Thank goodness that scene was so hot. Otherwise, we fear Sharon would've caught a draft.
7. Cruel Intentions (1999) Offscreen, Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe are a cute married couple. Onscreen, in this teen morality play, they're just a plain ol' hot couple. Good thing the two had a pool to cool them off. Audiences may well have wanted to take the Nestea plunge themselves after watching virginal Annette (Witherspoon) and scheming Sebastian (Phillippe) practice the butterfly stroke. But somehow we doubt it.
6. Bull Durham (1988) Crash Davis (Kevin Costner) and Annie Savoy (Susan Sarandon) spend the better part of this thinking-person's baseball flick not doing it. So, when they finally do hit a homerun? Edith Piaf music is played. Clothes are peeled off ever-so slowly. And kisses are just like Crash likes 'em--passionate enough to last seven days. Who says baseball's boring?
5. Body Heat (1981) Beautiful but conniving Matty Walker (Kathleen Turner) makes handsome but dumb Ned Racine (William Hurt) do bad, bad, bad things--like break down a patio door to paw at her. Actually, in this noir classic, that's the least of the bad things Ned does in the name of passion. But it's by far the sexiest.
4. No Way Out (1987) If the dictionary contained an entry for the phrase, "How to Have Fun in a Limo," Kevin Costner and Sean Young's getting-to-know-you romp in the backseat of a stretch would be featured prominently. Suffice to say, these two didn't concern themselves with the contents of the wet bar. Once more around the block, please.
3. Risky Business (1983) You say the most fun you've ever had on the subway was that time you found a seat on the express during rush hour? Then live vicariously through Tom Cruise and Rebecca DeMornay, who, in this iconic comedy, famously whiled away the commute on a Chicago L-train together. Trust us, this scene is worth a token. (Or two.)
2. Ghost (1990) Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore made ceramics sexy when they made beautiful knickknacks together in this otherworldly romantic drama. Truth be told, their actual pottery kinda sucked. But we're pretty sure their creative energies were directed elsewhere.
1. Nine 1/2 Weeks (1986) By day, Elizabeth (Kim Basinger) works in an art gallery. By day, John (Mickey Rourke) makes money by, um, making money. (He's mysterious that way.) By night, they're a seriously fun couple. Director Adrian Lyne's erotic classic features many hot moments--mainly involving Basinger's body backlit by a floodlight. But the sexiest? Try John teasing Liz with an ice cube. Suffice to say, he's not using the thing to fix a drink.
Or Bogie and Bergman..."Here's looking at you, kid"
Rin, I ping you to this only because I saw you had posted several threads about sexy conservative guys back in 2000. LOL. I saw it when I did an archive search to see if this topic (sexiest movie moments) had already been posted.
Bump for Betty Joan Persky.
Have you ever been stung by a dead bee?
There right on nine and half weeks being number one, I would put no way out at number 2. I am surprised they didnt put that movie with Mickey Rourke and Lisa Whats her name from the Cosby show that was about New Orleans and involved voodoo. The name escapes me at this late hour.
remember it now angel heart was the name of it
Oh yes. One of a kind, she was (is).
You can only have one, Eddie.
Kim Bassinger sizzled, to be sure. Mickey Rourke stunk though, IMO.
What about "What happened on 23d Street, New York City", an Edison film from 1901?
Did they show some bloomers in that one? ;o)
You got me. From?
I also guess latenite cinemax movies dont count to be included on the list?
I also guess latenite cinemax movies dont count to be included on the list?
Or the classic down at that theatre with the bars on the window. ;o)
I never saw it.
It's right up your alley.
Now, some knowing the content of the film might take that as a slight against you, but, then again, they might not know you!
I know what its about. Some dude boinkink the neighbor girl. If they don't look at least 25, then my interest ain't there. ;o)
WTF happened since yesterday?
I thought Sigourney Weaver was pretty darn sexy when she *finally* wasted the monster in the first Alien movie. Ejected it into absolute zero outer space
Hey, I ALWAYS get accused of liking the older gals better, as far as I remember. Though Lauren Bacall was darn young when she made To Have and Have Not.
In her BVD's I recall. ;o)
Sorry, but innuendo trumps the overt...
I agree, usually. Great movie!
Who said there was no romance any more?
I agree that this list is mediocre, at best. The only picks that are worth repeating are: From Here to Eternity, The Mask of Zorro, Flashdance, No Way Out, and Ghost.
Shakespeare in Love is only "sexy" if someone is into necrophilia, since Gwyneth Paltrow was a zombie in that film (and did NOT deserve an Oscar!). Hubby and I agreed that there was nothing sexy about Basic Instinct: he for the withering effect of having a woman stab her lovers with an ice pick during sex, me for the fact that some men with saggy butts just shouldn't be that willing to show them off. Nine and a half weeks would have been okay with anyone other than Mickey Rourke, who is just sleazy. (Someone mentioned Angel Heart, which is just about the WORST movie ever.)
"Dear Frankie" has been described as having the best on-screen kiss since "From Here to Eternity", and by my temperature change in watching it, that is an accurate statement! And the sparks practically leap off the screen during "Past the Point of No Return" in Phantom of the Opera. (Every female in the theater started breathing heavily during this scene.) And finally, Steven Bauer in "Thief of Hearts" showed the leading lady how to shoot a pistol, and I won't even begin to describe here how sexy that was!
Full Metal Jacket. When Da Nang Hooker crosses the street to 'These Boots are Made for Walking' and approaches Joker and Rapture Man saying:
"Hey baby! You got girlfriend Vietnam? Me so horny, me so horny. Me love you long time."
What do you think?
Looking for your special kind of input!
The scene in Body Heat, I'll never forget.
And Jack doing Jessica on the kitchen table in A Postman Always Rings Twice.
Gaaaaah. "Titanic" sucked. Kate Winslet could have broken that little DiCaprio girl in half.
I loved how the sexual tension kept growing in The Piano. Who knew Harvey Keitel could be such a turn on?
Oh yeah, "Ghost" sucked too. I got to see Patrick Swayze die in the first five minutes - definitely the high point of the movie - and it was downhill from there.
(I don't like Demeeee Moore much, probably because she can't pronounce "demi." Here's a hint, Mrs. Kutcher: it rhymes with "hemi." That's why they're spelled like that.)
There is an old yiddish saying.... For every trash can, there's a lid.
What? No Jenna Jameson or Anetta Keys movies made this list?
I thought it was the scene where she removed her bra underneath her sweatshirt that got you guys all pumped up. ;-)
You are certainly a romantic!
Be still my beating heart.
To me, the sexiest thing in the Piano was the music....
Seriously, if sex had a sound, that was it!
I hated the Titanic too...
Nothing romantic at all, anywhere.
I mean, really. I spent the entire movie hoping Jack would die painfully. (So that part worked out for me.) What a little twit.
I'm shocked Brokeback Mountain didn't make the list. It's E! after all.
We're talkin' sexy for both parties, not sexy for one and silly for the other :)
Cool hand luke ......Joy Harmon washing the car teasing the chain gang was memorable........:o)
Ya'll do windows ?
Ten minutes into it, I'm thinking "Just sink already."
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.