Skip to comments.Top 7 Women's Hairstyles of All Time
Posted on 04/25/2007 7:31:26 PM PDT by pissant
Straigtened, flat, messy and spiky. What a load. Hollywood types today spend almost as much as John Edwards on their hairdos, only to have them look purposely tussled as if they just rolled out of bed. No style, nothing to complement them. Granted, long gorgeous hair is nice anytime----if its combed. But the gals I grew up watching on the tube or in some cases, dating, at least took the time to try to be pleasing to the eye.
Enough grumbling. Here are the top 7 sexiest styles of recent decades, in no particular order.
7. The Farrah look. Feathered, thick, and nice to sink your paws into. A late 70s phenom.
6. The Farrah Plus. Bigger, better and fluffier. best exemplified by Stephanie Powers and my 10th grade girlfriend.
5. 1980s "every hair in place" Perm. Even the wind did not effect this style.
4. The bob. Not the modified, modern, messy pseudo bob, but the real thing. Neat and short.
3. Updo. Not just for special occasions. Hot all the time. With infinite variations of the theme.
2. Boy cut. Also worn most exquisitely by one of the greatest all time beauties, Audrey Hepburn.
1. The Flip. Laura Petrie and Emma Peel. No more needs to be said.
My all-time fav....
Well, and maybe Sophia Loren.
Audrey, Sophia AND Maureen Ohara. All had great hair BTW.
I wear my hair like my great great grandmother....Makes it a classic, I guess....
Heh,,I have had about all of them. Love the modern bob however.
My first “beauty shop” cut was an Italian boy,,just like Audrey Hepburn. I was disappointed I didn’t look like her.
They missed the biggest of all time,,the PAGE BOY. Who could forget June Allyson and her fab pageboy. I loved mine every time I had it.
And braids and pony tails,,how did they forget the ponytail?
Yes, had I grown up in your grandma’s day, I’d probably have included that. LOL
Of course I was in heaven when the Farrah came out. At least that one looked great on me!
And then there is the "fell asleep in a gutter wearing a bedsheet around my neck" look. :(
LOL. And a sock in her hair.
I’d love to see a return of the flip. had a Brit gal in one of my college classes that sat in front of me. Not healthy. LOL
What, no Bouffant or Beehive?!?!?
(Those ‘dos were a lot of work!)
Ugliest woman - ever.
I tried everything to get one, including setting my hair with Dippity-Do and using orange juice cans for curlers. All to no avail...a little humidity and ZAAAPPP....Orphan Annie again.
Is that Inger Stevens?
I had forgotten how pretty she looked with that ‘do. She really did have great hair.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.