Skip to comments.WHAT ARE THE 10 BEST QUESTIONS FOR CANDIDATES?
Posted on 02/16/2010 4:58:15 PM PST by WHATNEXT?
The best questions to find the conservative candidate.
I'm going to have a group meeting at which we will try to come up with 10 of the best. What would you ask?
Can I see your birth certificate?
2. Are you an America hater?
Can you spell c-o-n-s-t-i-t-u-t-i-o-n?
How can leftist legislation that’s already put in place at all political levels really be successfully overturned and then successfully replaced by free market solutions to all issues?
In two minutes or less, tell me about why you are running for office.
Are you now or have you ever been a member of the CFR? A ‘yes’ answer should disqualify the person.
Should you stand and place your hand over your heart when the National Anthem is played?
“Give me your definition of what a conservative should be.”
Are we at war? With who?
Explain the difference between Public Service and Political Fortune.
List three people that had an influence on your life, and why? (The answer better include at least one relative, coach, teacher, boss, preacher that knew the candidate by his first name.)
How many friends do you owe favors to, and will you be repaying them with positions they are only qualified for because they are your friend?
I asked him what party he belonged to...I already knew the answer...but wanted to hear him say it.
I just nodded my head..and brushed him off.
I drove off....but went back. He was gone...but I was going to ask him who he voted for..McCain or Obama. And did he think only Democrats CARE?
He's got a bumper sticker that say's "Democrats Care"....
The guy is lizard like....
I live in a small town...I will meet him again.
How many Amendments are there to the U.S. Constitution?
Garde la Foi, mes amis! Nous nous sommes les sauveurs de la République! Maintenant et Toujours!
(Keep the Faith, my friends! We are the saviors of the Republic! Now and Forever!)
LonePalm, le Républicain du verre cassé (The Broken Glass Republican)
My one question would be “Is the Government FROM the people or FOR the people?”
“”GOP Litmus test
1. Support for smaller government and lower taxes
2. Support troop surges in Iraq and Afghanistan
3. Support Defense of Marriage Act
4. Support containing Iran and North Korea
5. Support gun rights
6. Oppose ObamaCare
7. Oppose cap-and-trade legislation
8. Oppose amnesty for illegals
9. Oppose union card check
10.Oppose government-funded abortion “”
What years did you do your military service.
Name three departments of the federal governments that you think are unconstitutional and that you would close.
qith should have been without
You can’t do with just ten:
Do you believe there is a distinctive American Culture? If so, do you believe it is worth protecting? If “yes,” what means are you wiling to use to protect it?
If “yes,” Does illegal immigration pose a threat to it? Does the allowing immigrants from from locations like Africa, the Middle East and Haiti threaten it?
Do you believe there is a limit to the power and authority of the Federal Government? Has it exceeded that limit? If not, what would it take for it to exceed that limit? How much of America’s economy is it entitled to during peacetime?
What government agencies, bureaucracies, and civil service empires do think this country could benefit from eliminating?
Do you believe that Welfare is a right or entitlement that some people are entitled to at the expense of others?
Do you believe that Health Care is a right that people are entitled to at the expense of others?
If the answer to either of the questions is “yes,” what limits exist to these entitlements?
Do you believe that Terrorism is a military or law enforcement issue? Do you think that terrorists and “enemy combatants” should be tried for their crimes by a civilian court or a military tribunal?
Do you believe that un-uniformed combatants such as those in Afghanistan, are lawful combatants?
Will you leave Rules of Engagement to the local commanders, or will you micromanage from Washington?
Do you believe that the lives of American soldiers are more precious than the lives of foreign civilians, esp. those who interfere with there operations or are used as human shields?
Do you believe that deviant sexual behavior deserves same Civil Rights protection formerly disadvantaged minorities currently enjoy?
Do you believe that those minorities still need Civil Rights protections?
Is there a “wall” between the Church and State? If expressing religious belief different from “establishing a religion?”
Do you believe that the right to keep and bear arms belongs to individual or the several states? Is the National Guard the militia? What limits may be placed on the right to keep and bear arms and by whom?
Will you accept and submit to FBI/CIA guidelines for employment?
Are you able to intelligently answer questions and give speeches without the aid of a teleprompter?
What specific agenda (list items) do you plan to announce to the American people during your first year in office?
What specific plans do you plan to implement to reduce national debt?
How specifically do you plan to reduce federal government?
How specifically do you plan to solidify America's independence from foreign oil and energy?
What are your plans when terrorists are apprehended in the process of or after attempting terrorism upon American citizens?
Do you plan to continue or relax onstraints upon the American military in fighting enemy combatants?
What are your intentions regarding freedom of speech and control of the American media?
Do you believe in the Rule of Law and do you swear to uphold it?
What are your plans to protect American sovereignty?
There is only one Question I need to ask and NOBODY can ANSWER IT.
Would you please cite for me the EXACT LAW, STATUTE, which requires INDIVIDUAL CITIZENS TO PAY TAX ON INCOME.
How is Chase Bank to be divided up equally among Americans, given that they are headed and ran by jackals?
11. Does CO2 cause global warming?
Do you think that 9/11 was an inside job?
Should terrorists be tried in civilian courts?
What does “shall not be infringed” mean?
Yes, I like that one.
You are all giving me great questions. But, out of all the postings....which 10 are the BEST. A questioner will NEVER have more than a chance to ask two questions. But, I may be present at many forums (I plan on it) and have a chance to eventually ask many questions that get to the heart of the issue.
I listened to a local radio program host asking questions of a candidate for Governor, and three candidates for our 1st District Federal Senatorial race. He asked, “How’s the campaign going?” “Where did you go today?”
Duh.....get me some meat!!! I needed questions that would help me get rid of the chaff and find the Constitutional Conservative.
Oh, Mama...that’s good.
Yesssss....should get a simple answer.
The Dept of Energy was created under Jimmy Carter with the express purpose of ENDING our dependence on foreign oil. It's been there for more than 30 years, sucked up many billions of dollars and totally failed in its mission. How can you justify its continuation?
Now there’s some BEEF!
Most Excellent return sis! Posting in a few places -g-
1) WTF are you thinking?
2) Will you support an immediate repeal of the 13th, 16th, 17th, and 19th Amendments?
3) Will you support putting every Ivy League professor, every banking executive, and every member of Congress and the Senate INTO involuntary servitude (hence the repeal of the 13th Amendment), and their families and descendants, for the next 200 years, as payment towards the trillions of debt they have incurred?
4) Will you support the immediate expulsion of all illegal aliens, and the building of a fence as secure as the Berlin Wall, to keep illegal immigrants OUT?
5) Are you prepared to use Nukes on any and every member of the "Axis of Evil" in response to any mass-casualty terrorist attack on US soil, or on US interests worldwide?
6) Will you support Ann Coulter and Mark Levin on the US Supreme Court?
7) Will you support the new President in signing an executive order allowing targeted assassinations, and then going after Chia Pet, Mahmoud Imawhackjob, and George Soros?
8) Will you agree to expel the UN from the US and suspend all payments to it?
9) Will you be executive order outlaw abortion, or harass the living crap out of every abortion clinic, in the way environmentalists went after the nuclear power industry, the tobacco industry, and many other industries?
10) Will you by executive order send every member of the NEA and the EPA to "special assignments" in Barrow, Alaska, for the duration of your term?
11) Will you support reparations by requiring American Indians to repay all of the accumulated health costs plus compensation for life-years lost for all tobacco-related deaths, including compound interest?
12) Will you support trying Bill Clinton for Treason (nuclear secrets and ICBM guidance technology to China)?
13) Will you support full disclosure of all private information about any portion of Barack Hussein Obama's (mmm, mmm, mmm) names, social security numbers, school attendance records, passports, parentage, and travel?
14) Will you agree to have Reagan's face (and Rush's, and Sarah Palin's) carved on Mount Rushmore?
15) Will you sign an executive order making the unionization of any and all federal employees illegal, and barring any and all federal transfer payments to any state or local government which has any union employees on its payroll?
16) Will you fund 4,000 F-22's and a similar number of F-35s?
17) Will you revoke China's most favored nation trading status?
18) Will you work to revoke California's statehood?
19) Will you require Bible reading and prayers to Jesus in the schools, while working to phase out govermnent education altogether?
20) Will you support the use of advanced nuclear technology such as pebble-bed and/or thorium reactors, and research into non-Tomakak fusion, while working to drill on and around the continental US for oil, and to use our country's vast reserves of oil and natural gas?
grey_whiskers, You’re my ideological clone...LOL
Thank you. Considering the topic, it’s just too easy to come up with questions using the present administration as the basis to ask and need to know. There’s way too much we don’t know about this man and likely will never know - he’s made his own “history” in books, without supplying the minutest evidence to verify any of what is written except what still can be gleaned from a few witnesses, his “friends” his long-time minister and the internet.
Excellent video! Thanks. Sent to many on my email list.
x" + x' + 2 = Cos(2t)
First question, Pro-life or pro-choice?
Get that one wrong and the other questions don’t matter. Get it right and we’ll go from there.
Depends on what defines conservative to you. If you’re only going to get one question, go with the first of any set.
Some folks think the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (RKBA) are a good “canary in the coal mine.” If the polticritter doesn’t believe that the Second Amendendment protects the God-given right to arms and to self defense, he’s probably a total loser on everything else: “Do you thing the Second Amendment protects an individual right to bear arms and to defend himself? If so, what limits may be placed on this right and by whom?”
However, in my experience, there are truly looney Libertarians who support RKBA in a positive fashion, but are completely out to lunch on abortion, foreign policy, national security, etc. But, if the candidate supports RKBA, then he’s going to be good on most “freedom” issues and deserves further consideration.
Warehouse of Socialism
If you would like to be added/removed from this pinglist email me
Also we have a group that is not so much as discussion as it is to avail yourself to the massive storehouse of links, etc
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.