Skip to comments.Axelrod: ‘No Admin. Has Been Tougher’ on Immigration Enforcement than Obama Admin.
Posted on 07/14/2010 8:08:20 AM PDT by Justaham
When making the case for the Obama administrations legal challenge to Arizonas new law against illegal immigration, White House senior adviser David Axelrod said no administration has been tougher on immigration enforcement than the Obama administration.
We can't have - we can't have a patchwork of 50 states developing their own immigration policy, Axelrod told host Chris Wallace on the July 11 edition of Fox News Sunday. I understand the frustration of people in Arizona. They want the federal government to step up and deal with this problem once and for all, and that's what we want to do.
But no administration has been tougher on enforcement, said Axelrod. No administration has gone after employers the way we have, who have broken the law by hiring these workers.
(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...
He is correct, the admin has been very tough on enforcement, meaning, they refuse to enforce...its tough if you are an enforcer...
And if you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
And no administration has been more patriotic, either.
And no administration has been more competent.
Every time a representative of this bunch of arrogant boobs opens their mouth they demand a cynical response from anyone who is not drunk on their deadly KoolAid.
Team Obama expose their desperation and their amateurishness when they counter every criticism with WE’RE GIVING IT 110%!!!
You simply can’t cry wolf (or foul) that often that loudly.
Goebels would be proud.
.... nor lied about more things.
Will Americans awake in time to avoid disaster from these fools?
That may be true - Shrub was hot to grant ‘em amnesty and unless memory fails me Reagan granted an amnesty in ‘79 much to the detriment of those of us who belong here. I don’t recall Slick Willie pushing for amnesty like Bush.
I hadn't looked at it from that perspective.
Maybe that's what Davey meant, and he actually CAN tell the truth once in a while.
Twinkletoes loves the “big lie” strategy.
Sorta like saying no other administration has done more to make the sun rise in the East. There's plenty of blame to go around, and I'll include the Bush's, Clinton, and Obama here. Still, the solution isn't that difficult. Simply pass a law that says if just ONE illegal immigrant is caught on your payroll, the business firm must pay $200,000 per worker to the local taxing authority.
Does ANYONE that calls themselves “Independant” even believe these liars any more?
Oh, well never mind.
Operation Wetback mr Axelrod?
That ain't saying much. There hasn't been an administration concerned with immigration enforcement for decades.
Then you simple minded Axenuttttt, enforce the Federal policy and protect our citizens. What an ass!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing but horse hockey from Axisofevilrod.
Is this moron sniffing glue?
Axelrod should read up on Eisenhower and Operation Wetback and about The Mexican Repatriation and about Pershing and Pancho Villa.
The Mexican Repatriation refers to a forced migration that took place between 1929 and 1939, when as many as one million people of Mexican descent were forced or pressured to leave the US.
The list, ping
Any “toughness” the administration might want to hold out as an example is traceable back to measures set up by Congress several years ago, such as increasing BP staffing.
Kapos surround and attempt to hide the truth about their false God.
Greta on Fox TV last night interviewed a protest leader outside the All Star Game.
I noticed in the background behind the protester a 8’ fence that kept him outside the game. Brilliant Conception: enter Legally or stay outside!
MLB today now cancels next years scheduled ASG in Arizona! ( IRONIC )
If the obammy’s are a talking ya know they b lying.
Pure unadulterated BS. Eisenhower....Operation Wetback
Why not include Reagan as well? He's the one that threw open the gates and posted WELCOME signs all along the border with his damnable amnesty!
Yes, and he was sorry he did it. He was lied to by the democrats and he should have known better.
ROTFLOL! I nearly wrote those exact words in expectation of any reply.
Congressman Joe Wilson said it best:
He really must be taking serious hallucinogens.
Look officer, it’s clear the current system is broken. And that’s why I fully support Comprehensive Speed Reform; because what are we gonna do? ticket every driver who crosses th’ speed limit? That’s clearly impossible. So until we have comprehensive speed control, we just hafta allow people to keep on speeding.
1. PRESIDENT BUSH was not "hot" to grant amnesty. What he wanted, and campaigned on twice, was an orderly guest worker program so we would know who was in our country, why, and for how long. It was the writers of the legislation -- MeInsane and Uncle Teddy -- who were "hot" for amnesty.
2. Your memory did fail you. Reagan granted amnesty to nearly 4 million illegal invaders in 1986 promising to secure the border in the future. Of course the future never came.
This quote by Uncle Teddy should have been hung around all their necks in 2007:
This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens.
We will secure the borders hence forth.
We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this. (1986)
3. IIRC, and I may not, there were lots of immigration "adjustments" passed allowing for increased H1B visas and such. Why on earth would Clinton push for amnesty when the paperwork was still being done on the extra millions from a couple years before he took office?
All of your nit picking aside, my points were: 1. that there was a very LOW standard for enforcing immigration laws in previous administrations, and 2. that republicans were just as guilty as dumbocrats in giving away the store.
NIT PICKING?!?! FACTS are now referred to as picking nits? It is more closely related to SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT.
my points were...
Unrecognizable in your original post which said:
Shrub was hot to grant em amnesty and unless memory fails me Reagan granted an amnesty in 79 much to the detriment of those of us who belong here. I dont recall Slick Willie pushing for amnesty like Bush.
"Slick Willie" had no need to "push" for amnesty, he and his complicit CONgre$$ simply and quietly granted it in smaller doses, 6 times, more than doubling the amnesty of 1986.
For over 200 years, the United states only granted amnesty in individual cases and had never given amnesty to large numbers of illegal aliens.
The amnesty of 1986 was supposed to be a "one time only" amnesty. Yet since 1986, Congress passed a total of 7 amnesties for illegal aliens:
1. The Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA) Amnesty of 1986 - the "one-time only" blanket amnesty for some 2.8 million illegal aliens.
2. Section 245(i) The Amnesty of 1994 - a temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens.
3. Section 245(i) The Extension Amnesty of 1997 - an extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994.
4. The Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty of 1997 - an amnesty for nearly one million illegal aliens from Central America.
5. The Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA) of 1998 - an amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti.
6. The Late Amnesty of 2000 - an amnesty for approximately 400,000 illegal aliens who claimed they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty.
7. The LIFE Act Amnesty of 2000 - a reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty to an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.
whatever, but thanks for documenting my point that the current administration has a very low bar to clear to be tougher on illegal immigration than previous administrations.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.