Skip to comments.Freepers are off their Rockers with Candidates (vanity)
Posted on 08/12/2011 5:43:42 PM PDT by Scythian
It's hard to log on and read the threads on the FR and not wonder what is going on, have the Freepers went off thier rockers? Has Obama driven them insane? I know I'm going to take some heat for this but it needs saying. Oh, and this was posted in the CHIT/CHAT forum where things like this can be posted.
Let's categorize the crazies:
1) First, theirs the Sarah Palin is running but she's so brilliant she's skipping all the debates crowd. She's not running folks, she all but made that clear while signing autograph's at the fair today.
2) Second, there's the thread titled "Perry was the winner of the Iowa debate!". Is somebody smoking crack? And now he's even the favorite canidate of the tea party? really? Al Gores ol' campaign manager and open borders guy?
3) Next we have the "Ron Paul won the debate guys" (you all probably got the email like I did). Please, come on, folks, wake up. Even if he wins the poll it will mean nothing, he will fade away as usual and you know it. You guys remind me of Linus waiting year after year for the great pumpkin.
4) Next there's the Cain won the debate folks, now I like Cain and would vote for him for Prez, but he will soon be out and deep down inside you know it too.
I'm going to stop here, but could go on, I'm no expert, I'm just seeing a ton of irrational, emotionally based, wishful thinking and some moon bat-ness that suprises me frankly.
Okay, you may now commence to ripping me to shreds.
No bashing from me. But you did make me choke on a nacho with the Great Pumpkin analogy. LOL!!!
I agree with you on the bashing here though but I’m guessing it will be like this until we get a nominee.
No you’re OK, you left my candidate alone.
Perry hasn’t really changed, nor has Al Gore. Only 4 years ago Perry backed Demonrat-in-all-but-name Rudy Giuliani for President. He echoes the idiocy of G.W. Bush regarding illegal aliens and Muslims (”Islam is a great religion”—R. P.).
Reagan didn't announce until 11 months before the election.
Ten egregious grammatical errors, and I stopped reading. Try to do better next time.
He wasn’t and isn’t a conservative.
You better be careful. You’re gonna incur the wrath of the Patrick J. Buchanan supporters.
Were you there ?
If not, source please ?
Romney is obama
Romney will never make it outa the primaries.
Please, do go on.
Nope. Can’t vote for him. I can’t get past the magic underwear, plus the obvious RINO factor.
1) I no longer care what Palin is doing. Expecting people to wait another two months for her to decide to enter a race where she polls horribly was the deal breaker for me. Way to put conservatism first Sarah. Yes, let’s give Romney another two months in the lead to himself and encourge conservatives to remain divided over a candidate on the off chance you might run. Your polling isn’t going to improve so there is no reason to wait. You want to run? Then get in the race now. Otherwise I think this is just a way to keep yourself relevant and nothing more.
2) Cain doesn’t register as having a prayer.
3) Ron Paul is a nut on foriegn affairs.
4) Newsflash...they are all open borders. I came to that realization when Tancredo backed Romney. I no longer trust any of them on the topic which is why Perry’s position is now irrelevant to me. What is of value to me is that it’s been proven he’ll back down on bad legislation when pressure is high enough. Better then a politician when pressured that doesn’t back down (Obamacare).
I cannot vote for Romney. Perry, if he is nominated, I would vote for with little enthusiasm. I would not of voted for McCain except for his surprise pick of Gov. Palin.
Cain I would support with entusiasm
Palin I would support with entusiasm
Who else is there?
Time, missteps, lack of actual support, money, and the difficulty of political battle will take its toll. I’m waiting until we have just a couple of people standing before I get terribly involved.
Everyone is better than 0bama, of course.
I’m going to keep my powder dry for the General and especially the Senate.
0bambi will come a cropper on his own against anyone. You can’t destroy the country and get re-elected against a gimpy purple pig, can you?
Rather have a conservative and there are several running— and as Reagan proved—if you run AS a conservative you can’t lose.
Mitt couldn’t convince a communist he is a conservative.
Feeling itchy lately?
See #14, then #22
the boss is sick of romneybots.
Well, I was standing right next to her today for about 10 minutes and didn't get that impression. I did hear a whole bunch of people screaming "Run Sarah!"
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
See #23, not #22.
Voting for someone who wasn’t perfect got me Obama anyway.
And Romney isn’t much closer to my views than Obama. LOL I’ll write in Palin before I’ll vote for him.
Newt won the debate.
He was the only one with the cajones to counter attack the moderator.
I am not a Romney fan, he is my least, least, least favorite Candidate by far. However, if you look at my posts in the past I told everyone the candidate would be picked for us long before a true conservative state would get any say in the primary. And that the candidate would be a RINO. So, no, I’m not a romneybot at all, not one bit.
No mercy for Mitties.
Be happy, at least we get to vet the candidates.
I can sum up the threads.
Perry- WONKY TALK TALK bush clone! OH YEAH, YAH! Gardisel?
Welcome to America My Alien Friend, are you a nice Muslim?
Palin - Gush, Gush, Gush! is she running? Oh, she's so Beautiful!
Newt - Baggage damn his Baggage.
Romney- RINO WONK WONK get banned.
Bachmann- Misspeaking or misstating confidence? may have headaches. So. she is a Tea Party candidate why did she hire “him”?
Huntsman? Who is dat guy? I did not know he was runnin.
Cain, Come on no Political experience? Yeah, SO?
So where's he gonna get the Money?
Paw - Who's that white Republican guy fighting with the girl?
Is he running for VP?
Sanatorium I can't speel his name. Is it right?
What a nice pleasant Christian man.He has won some elections.
Okay, I'm trying to be kind of funny, so don't take me too serious.
(Like anyone ever does.)
The media had a candidate picked in 1980 too and conservatives vetoed their choice.
Wow.. that was a shocker :O (pun intended .. after I realized I made one ;))
(Romneybot ZOT ping)
Just pop a copy of Idiocracy into your DVD player and sit back.
You sound like you are pretty normal to me.
That was fun!
Thats was funny. see my #35 on Romster.
People off their rocker???
We need more people to get off their rockers and get involved. Too many conservative people are too busy living their lives to see what is happening. Primaries are the time for the shooting star candidates to try to shine. But when your shining star flames out don’t be an idiot and refuse to support an other candidate.
Thanks for the ping. This looks like a good thread. Culling the herd.
You're so out of your tree it's not even funny.
1. She gave a 7-minute interview to CNN. Do you understand what that means? It means she voided her exclusive with Fox. She's going for it.
2. She answered the declaration question, by just walking around it and saying it wasn't time yet.
She's running. But then, she's been doing that for a while.
WIth all due respect, you are entirely, 100% wrong.
If Romney runs, I STAY HOME! And so will many, many other conservatives.
So you like Romney?
Don’t stay home. Do a write in for Prez and vote on the rest of the races.
I’m still undecided, except that I won’t vote for Romney, Newt, or Huntsman.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.