We are absolutely 1000% living in a computer simulation, no if ands or buts about it.
1. Obama gets reelected.
2. The Maroon 5 song “Payphone” is actually a hit song.
3. M. Night Shyamalan still has a career.
4. Hillary Clinton is considered smart.
5. Nancy Pelosi keeps getting reelected.
6. Ted Kennedy kept getting reelected, even after Chappaquiddick!
7. Country music today is incredibly considered country music.
8. Saturday night live and it’s movies are considered comedy.
9. Adam Sandler has a career.
10. Keith Richards is alive.
Those are excellent examples.
OMG!!! You are right! And the examples you gave are unmistakable signs of a piss poor QA department!
In particular, it's proof we're living in a type of simulation called a cartoon. A very, very sad and depressing cartoon.
This is because of the same corrupt "entertainment" industry that insists only liberal activists are eligible for "spoken word" Grammies (Michelle Obama is up for 2 this year, just as her husband "won" them in 2006 and 2008).
Chart success is determined by a mix of tracked sales in big box stores combined with heavy radio airplay in certain tracked markets.
Regional hits don't exist in the "real" charts anymore. You may see some talented names on the "South Ecuadorean Traditional Neo-Funk Accoustic Blues" chart but the subcategories are so sliced and diced as to become irrelevant (it's all about milking them for ad revenue in Billboard).