Skip to comments.Book shows radical teachers how to mix traditional math with ‘social justice’ political lessons
Posted on 07/31/2013 7:00:51 AM PDT by massmike
Rethinking Schools [is] an organization thats been sneaking left-wing social justice lessons into Americas K-12 classrooms for nearly three decades.
The groups latest effort to indoctrinate the nations youth is a 286-page book aimed at teachers, titled Rethinking Mathematics: Teaching Social Justice by the Numbers. The book is a mix of math lesson plans and essays from activist educators who explain how theyve used their classrooms to advance a progressive political philosophy.
Two main themes emerge from the pages of Rethinking Mathematics.
The first is that the U.S. is a hopelessly racist country that routinely oppresses people of color.
This message is conveyed through lessons and essays about racial profiling, environmental racism, unfair mortgage lending practices of Big Banks, the overabundance of liquor stores in minority communities, and slave-owning U.S. presidents.
In a chapter titled, Write the Truth: Presidents and Slaves, Rethinking editor and Milwaukee teachers union President Bob Peterson explains how he used Freires approach with his fifth-grade students:
Specific objectives for this mini-unit (about slave-owning U.S. presidents), such as reviewing the use of percentages, emerged as the lessons unfolded. But its main purpose was to help students critically examine the actions of early leaders of the United States and become skeptical of textbooks and government websites as sources that present the entire picture.
I figure that if kids start questioning the official story early on, they will be more open to alternative viewpoints later on. While discovering which presidents were slave owners is not an in-depth analysis, it pokes an important hole in the godlike mystique that surrounds the founding fathers.
Petersons strategy is clear: Teach students that America was founded by and for racists, and they will support radicals efforts to transform the American system.
(Excerpt) Read more at eagnews.org ...
Johnny has two keys of prime sh*t. He pay $30,000. If he step on it twice and break it up, how many nickel bags must Jonny make to clear $60,000?
Urban Math Test
Subject: Math Test
1. Johnny has an AK-47 with an 80-round clip. If he misses 6 out of 10 shots and shoots 13 times at each drive-by shooting, how many drive-by shootings can he attempt before he has to reload?
2. Jose has 2 ounces of cocaine and he sells an 8-ball to Jackson for $320 and 2 grams to Billy for $85 per gram. What is the street value of the balance of the cocaine if he doesn’t cut it?
3. Rufus is pimping for three girls. If the price is $65 for each trick,how many tricks will each girl have to turn so Rufus can pay for his $800-per-day crack habit?
4. Jarone want to cut his ? pound of heroin to make 20% more profit. How many ounces of cut will he need?
5. Willie gets $200 for stealing a BMW, $50 for a Chevy, and $100 for a 4X4. If he has stolen 2 BMWs, 3 4X4s, how many Chevies will he have to steal to make $800?
6. Raoul is in prison for 6 years for murder. He got $10,000 for the hit. If his common law wife is spending $100 per month, how much money will be left when he gets out of prison and how many years will he get for killing the bitch that spent his money?
7. If the average spray can covers 22 square feet and the average letter is 3 square feet, how many letters can a tagger spray with 3 cans of paint?
8. Hector knocked up 6 girls in his gang. There are 27 girls in the gang. What percentage of the girls in the gang has Hector knocked up?
9. Thelma can cook dinner for her 16 children for $7.50 per night. She gets $234 a month welfare for each child. If her $325 per month rent goes up 15%, how many more children should she have to keep up with her expenses?
10. Salvador was arrested for dealing crack and his bail was set at $25,000. If he pays a bail bondsman 12% and returns to Mexico, how much money will he lose by jumping bail?
Funny thing, I’ll bet gang-bangers can work the drug problems in their head. They don’t really care what percentage of girls they’ve knocked up. They do, however, keep track of the number of kids so they can brag. I’ve actually heard them discussing it.
“They do, however, keep track of the number of kids so they can brag. Ive actually heard them discussing it.”
They use having kids for status and advertising much like a dog uses pissing on a hydrant.
It is pathetic how these “educators” try to pass Leftist indoctrination as critical thinking.
1. Johnny wud have 7 of thoz attempts, but only 4 ambulances would be called.
2. Jose raises hand, Teacher, can you explain what an 8-ball is? I was bused here from the suburbs.
3. Rufus gonna need 3 from each plus $20 he can steal from the little old ladys purse that he snatched.
4. Yeah, 20% more than the number of pounds, but Jarone aint got no brain left to figure that out.
5. Willie, he gonna hafta steal himself 2 Chevies.
6. No mo money. It be gone cause she gave the $2,800 she had left to her new boyfriend Willie for a paint job on his new Chevy. Raoul wud kill her, but he aint gonna get no time for that if he gets OJs lawyer.
7. Depends on how many F words are used. Some letters take more paint than others.
8. That wud be 6/27, which the calculator Hector stole says is 22%.
9. Thelma, she aint gonna have no mo chilren. She been savin! And she gonna move into a big house.
10. That dont make no sense. Salvador gonna stay locked up.
U one Al Sharpton’s Urbin Edukashion xcellance A ward.
U is intitled to this stuff:
1 A 6 month stash of Puple Drank
2 $100.00 in yo canteen fund on yo nex incarsarashun
3 1 nonspontayneus flash mob protestin yo incarsarashun
4 A lifetime pass for chile s’port
No Justus No Piece
The Rev Al
I laughed so hard over this! It’s sad and sick, but I laughed. Too bad it’s based on true stories and fact though.
WHy, thank to all y’all. I sho is prowd!