5 years ago or thereabouts, I had, within a few months of each other, 2 of the squirrely CFL “bulbs” burst into flames.
Good thing I was right there, because there would have been a devastating fire otherwise.
Any of the “bulbs” that say they produce the equivalent of 60W or more, I only use in certain settings where a spontaneous [burst/fire] failure WILL NOT cause a fire to be spread.
Had such a CFL “bulb” go very dim and show signs of heat, very early yesterday morning. It was up in the kitchen range hood.
PS: I won’t use the halogen “bulbs” at all.
Did the fumes run you out of the house?