Skip to comments.We Lost Our House In A Fire, Monday
Posted on 03/12/2014 5:03:44 PM PDT by knarf
On the way from shopping Monday morning around 9:30 AM, about 10 minutes from home, we got a call from one of our neighbors ...
Actually a 14X70 mobile home.
Turns out it was a chimney fire and though the fire dept arrived quickly enough, the house was burnt in such a way, it's a loss.
We're fine, our dog (90 lbs of 2 yr old black lab) was gotten out unconscious, but they have this nifty dog oxygen mask and without getting into a long story, he's OK ... just very freaked at the time and almost normal now (what's normal for a 2 YO Lab ?)
Anyway ... we're put up in a hotel via Red Cross and Salvation Army at least until Sunday (but wee're told they'd swing more if needed)
We have a crew of church and other men coming Sat morning to take the burnt trailer out and prepare for another to come in.
No insurance (trailer too old, no one would touch it), so I call on my prayer warrior freepers to ask God to milk just ONE of those cattle for me.
Our attitude is good, we have food, clothing and the beginnings for a new living situation, We own the land ... just need another trailer.
How was YOUR week ?
Prayers for you and your family....
Sorry to hear that. Prayers for you and the family. Stay positive.
Knarf, prayers are going up right now, and will continue. God bless you...so glad you and your family are all right.(That includes your sweet dog).
Glad you all are OK, including the lab.
Prayers Up for you and yours!
Gosh—I’m sorry to hear this.
Prayers for things to get much better for you.
Dear God, I’m so happy that the dog was saved.
I don’t know what to say, knarf, I’m very sad to read this :(
Hug your family long and tight, man.
Prayers for you. Thank God you were not asleep in bed and trapped.
Nice thing about a trailer.
Clean up the mess and put another right on the spot.
All things work together!
Prayers up FRiend!
That’s horrible. What kind of chimney is in a trailer?
Prayers for you and yours. Chimney fires can be ferocious and very scary. When we lived in Washington State, people used to start them on purpose to clean the chimney. Scared the living daylights out of me!
oh man I am so sorry, that is the second chimney fire I have heard of this year
FReeper PRayer BUmp! and PRaise for family safety.
So sorry for your loss and glad to hear that your family member has recovered. Thanks for sharing your week with us.
Prayers up FRiend, If you are anywhere near SE VA I could loan a hand.
Oh, knarf, sorry to hear it. Prayers for you and your family. And for your dog.
Prayers for strength in your time of loss. Thankfully you escaped without injury.
“How was YOUR week ?”
Well, I failed to win the lottery for the 5 thousandth time....
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.